Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

[RPM's] PFF Based Vikings Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeke Motta was the only defensive player that stuck out to me. He is a very hard hitter but that's about as far as it goes. I really think everyone should look at these prospects in the later rounds 3-5 range.

CB Sanders Cummings UGA (6'1.5 216lbs)- reminds me a lot of Chris Cook. Vikings need some big physical CBs on the outside.

CB Darius Slay MSU (6'1 190lbs)- He has ball skills and could be a steal because he has been overshadowed by Jonathan Banks.

CB Tharold Simon LSU (6'2.5 193lbs)- Simon is very impressive and uses his length well. The only knock on his is sometimes he's over aggressive playing the ball, but then again you can't be too harsh on a player that plays the game passionately.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motta looks like he could be a beast on special teams. His tackling skills standout.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was among my reasons for selecting Motta. He's a guy that just seems like a Spielman pick.

Good teams don't necessarily draft players in the later rounds that they hope develop into starters. Special teamers need to be drafted as well, at least, in my opinion.

I still believe, that if he can add 15-20 pounds he could be a starter at Will backer in our system a few years down the road.
minnvikes22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it would turn out like this, I would be happy with it..

But, If we have 35 plus million in cap space, Why not re-sign Harvin and go after Wallace? I could be wrong, but isn't this the year that all 32 teams have to spend atleast 95% of there cap? ( 99% next year )

It's a great idea to keep players by getting them to restructure there contracts. It gives us more money to spend at other positions.. With 35 million in cap space, is there a chance we keep Harvin and add 2 stud FA to this team?

It will get interesting...
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we could keep Harvin and add two studs. I do think, if we can get restructure/extend some guys we could keep Harvin and sign 1 stud.
BigDog74

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we do trade Harvin, I think this would be the perfect type of deal. Yes we would all want more return this year, but the possibility of having 2 1st round picks next year is intriguing to say the least.

Honestly I'm surprised more of the people questioning Ponder haven't brought up trading Percy as the Vikings way to get the next "franchise" QB.

IF we have 2 first rounders and IF Ponder conceivably face plants next year, at the very minimum we would have the ammo to move up ala the Redskins and get our next young QB of the future.

On the flip side, if Ponder does take the step forward I think he will next year...well we would have 2 1st round picks. If we use them anything like we did this last draft I think we would all be happy campers in MN (Unlike Percy Laughing)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: