Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Plans for Asomugha?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKingDP

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superman8456 wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
NoHypeNeeded wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
Locker room problem and problem on the field, should be cut
he has been underwhelming on the field, but how was he a locker room problem?

Nnamdi mentioned he would be willing to take a pay cut, FWIW.

Aging player that is declining, and we don't have a Zimmer who is a a miracle secondary worker, better to release him. And Nnamdi's name was mentioned in the usual suspects thread

None of that really proves he was a locker room problem though..

The locker room problems came from his lack of accountably on his own play. He has been terrible the past two seasons, and he has found a way to blame everything but himself. Whether it was blaming the others in the secondary for his blown coverage or blaming the play calling for giving up big plays, he always seemed to place blame on others. Many have also speculated that he never really bought into Andy Reid's system. I believe he is a cancer and that he really just has to go. (Unless we get Zimmer, I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do with him).

I may be in the minority on this, but I do believe there is something to say for the putrid safety play affecting his own play. Far too many times it seemed that Scrabble should have had help over the top or someone didn't get to their zone. It just seemed that the safeties and the cornerbacks were rarely on the same page in terms of man vs zone, and even when they were, the execution simply wasn't there.

I'd be willing to give Scrabble a pass, as long as we bring in a new system and better safeties. Don't get me wrong, though, Scrabble has not played up his pay.

He's the highest paid CB in the NFL, and he isn't worth the veteran's minimum right now. If you gave "Scrabble a pass" right now, he would surely either:
    A) Interefere with that pass
    B) Hold you
    C) Make illegal contact
    D) Let your pass go way over his head, and be completed for a 60 yard touchdown. Then he would complain to the media that Nate Allen was the real culprit in the coverage, even though they both suck tremendously.

Nnamdi straight blows. Get over it. He can't play zone coverage, and lately, he can't play man coverage either. He can't run. He's not a good tackler, and he's the exact opposite of a "ballhawk". He will never make a good safety, and right now, he's an absolutely dreadfully horrible CB scheduled to make $15 million next season. He got benched for Curtis Marsh this season. Enough said. End of story. Cut him.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think Lovie and Gil Byrd could "fix" him. I mean they helped a guy who was benched at the end of last year become the #1 Metric CB in the NFL this year.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have no proof that Nnamdi is a locker room problem.

But from the way our players reacted after week 17, you'd think 90% of the locker room was a 'problem'.

Maclin
Quote:
“I’m talking about guys who have been in this league and should understand how to be a pro, I feel like, weren’t acting that way. Period. And that’s all I’m going to say about it. That’s what it was. Guys I felt like should have been pros, have been in this league and understand how things go, wasn’t acting like it.”

So we can narrow it down to a veteran.

Vick
Quote:
"I give 110 percent effort," he said. "My body is scarred up all year. I'm hurt, I'm bruised, get up after every hit and still try and fight and push. I do that for my coaches. I do that for my teammates. And I would expect the same thing in return."

So we can narrow it down to a veteran who doesn't give it his all.

Avant
Quote:
"But if that’s not the case, we’re still going to (need to) have the players to be responsible and also accountable and not to allow the amenities of the NFL to distract them from what the game is really about, which is playing hard for the team; playing hard for the City of Philadelphia. I think that was part of the distraction.”

So we can narrow it down to a veteran who doesn't give it his all and was distracted from football.

McCoy
Quote:
“I think guys made a lot of excuses,” McCoy said. “Guys maybe weren’t playing up to par, guys weren’t focusing enough, guys making a certain amount of money, not putting out. So I think guys were looking for excuses.”

So we can narrow it down to a veteran who doesn't give it his all being distracted from football and not living up to his contract, making excuses.

Who else could it be besides Nnamdi Asomugha?

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't we had this conversation in another thread already? Yes it could be Nnamdi but it also could be 1/2 dozen other players they are refering to as well.

Babin
Bell
DRC
Jenkins
Jackson
Watkins
Vick

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 8 Rec/ 142 Yds/ 2 TD/ 17.75 YPC/
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Haven't we had this conversation in another thread already? Yes it could be Nnamdi but it also could be 1/2 dozen other players they are refering to as well.

Babin
Bell
DRC
Jenkins
Jackson
Watkins
Vick

But from the firestorm that ensued, it could be all of them, plus more.
It's not just one or two guys. Therefore there's really no shock that Nnamdi was one of the problematic.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

Babin
Bell
DRC
Jenkins
Jackson
Watkins
Vick

It's not just one or two guys. Therefore there's really no shock that Nnamdi was one of the problematic.

Not saying it's not a possibility but that's nothing more then pure speculation.and assumption. For all we know it was the complete opposite. Does that change anyone's opinion if it is? Doubt it. I was far more upset and concerned over DRC lackluster effort game in and game out then Nnamdi's. I honestly see everyone of those comments specifically directed towards DRC .

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 8 Rec/ 142 Yds/ 2 TD/ 17.75 YPC/
Phire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

Babin
Bell
DRC
Jenkins
Jackson
Watkins
Vick

Not saying it's not a possibility but that's nothing more then pure speculation.and assumption. For all we know it was the complete opposite. Does that change anyone's opinion if it is? Doubt it. I was far more upset and concerned over DRC lackluster effort game in and game out then Nnamdi's. I honestly see everyone of those comments specifically directed towards DRC .

We can't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was both corners.
They were two of the more talkative guys all season then as soon as it ends, we don't even get a peep from either.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Phire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In any case, I brought it up again because people were wondering where the notion of him being a problem came up.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: