Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Drafts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Henry Melton is a wish and a prayer imo. Dorsey could be a solid stop gap, but he doesn't generate insane pressure.

I want Ezekial Ansah in the 1st round. That's my new man crush and I doubt I lose it until draft day.
BYU guy right? He's pretty nice

He's Melton with more upside. DO WANT.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Kawann Short DT Purdue
2. Jonathan Cooper OG UNC
3. Marquess Wilson WR WSU
4. Honey Badger

From there on I have no idea. Laughing

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawksman81 wrote:
4. Honey Badger

I'm always down with building teams from the trenches up, so I don't have much problem with the first 2 choices, other than I don't watch a ton of college football so I haven't seen them play lol

But the next 2 choices I do have issues with. I'm not big on drafting low-character guys out of college. Wilson basically quit on his team and his program because he couldn't handle the discipline of Mike Leach. The subsequent investigation showed that Leach wasn't out of line. That shows me that Wilson is soft mentally and thought he was entitled to special treatment. Not the kind of guy I want to bring in.

I would assume that you mean Tyronn Mathieu for the last pick. Errr, hell no. Kid made plays in college for about 1 year. He also had a serious issue with drug use and it wasn't until he had everything taken away from him that he decided to go to rehab. That reeks of poor decision making. He had numerous opportunities to get his life together before it degraded to this point. I would have liked to see him prove he was past all this by returning to college for one year and not having any disciplinary issues, but he decided to just give that up and enter the draft. I read an article about how he's turned his life around and made changes now that he's been in rehab. Quite honestly, it didn't convince me of much. I think there are a lot of players that could help this team a lot more then either of them could. Maybe Wilson on a 6-7th round flyer, wouldn't touch Mathieu at all.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
hawksman81 wrote:
4. Honey Badger

I'm always down with building teams from the trenches up, so I don't have much problem with the first 2 choices, other than I don't watch a ton of college football so I haven't seen them play lol

But the next 2 choices I do have issues with. I'm not big on drafting low-character guys out of college. Wilson basically quit on his team and his program because he couldn't handle the discipline of Mike Leach. The subsequent investigation showed that Leach wasn't out of line. That shows me that Wilson is soft mentally and thought he was entitled to special treatment. Not the kind of guy I want to bring in.

I would assume that you mean Tyronn Mathieu for the last pick. Errr, hell no. Kid made plays in college for about 1 year. He also had a serious issue with drug use and it wasn't until he had everything taken away from him that he decided to go to rehab. That reeks of poor decision making. He had numerous opportunities to get his life together before it degraded to this point. I would have liked to see him prove he was past all this by returning to college for one year and not having any disciplinary issues, but he decided to just give that up and enter the draft. I read an article about how he's turned his life around and made changes now that he's been in rehab. Quite honestly, it didn't convince me of much. I think there are a lot of players that could help this team a lot more then either of them could. Maybe Wilson on a 6-7th round flyer, wouldn't touch Mathieu at all.

Well I think all of these pick fill needs, and Pete and John havenít shied away from players with past issues. Irvin, McCoy failed the drug test at the combine for maryjane, BMW was out of shape and quit on football (like Wilson), and Marshawn. As long as they can figure out they have changed and will buy into this program, I donít think they give a crap what there past is.

Kawaan Short fills the need of a penetrating 3-tech, Cooper fills the need of a RG, Wilson gives us huge potential of being a true #1 with not an extremely high pick, and Honey Badger gives us an all around player to put at the nickel and use in the bandit.

Watching a recent interview with Matheau in it makes me really believe he has turned his life around and will be a good NFL player. But hey, I donít really know his attitude because I have never been around him but from the interview he seemed very well-spoken and regrets making his decision.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
chpjns15

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Henry Melton is a wish and a prayer imo. Dorsey could be a solid stop gap, but he doesn't generate insane pressure.

I want Ezekial Ansah in the 1st round. That's my new man crush and I doubt I lose it until draft day.
BYU guy right? He's pretty nice

He's Melton with more upside. DO WANT.

Yeah, I REALLY want Ansah to replace Jones and be an effective pass rushing UT.

I am also searching for a 5-tech to replace Red Bryant, and be existent in the pass rush, but I have yet to find a good option. Datone Jones fits what I am looking for, but Im not too fond of him from the limited amount of tape I have seen on him. He seems really raw and gets run over in the run game. However, I have not seen enough tape of him, I might change my mind. He does have ideal physical specifications for the position. Tall, long arms, around 280 lbs.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with your assessment on Datone. Whenever I watch UCLA he really pops off the screen as a guy to look out for. He brings solid leverage in the run game on the edge and the Bruins even move him inside on pass rushing downs and he's usually tearing through double teams. I think he's a 2nd rounder at worst when all is said and done.
canucks9314

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could somebody explain what you guys mean by the bandit package? is it basically a 3 safety look with kam basically a lb with the other 2 being more coverage oriented safeties? thanks.

domepatrol91 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
Did 84 point the direction they were gonna run the ball? Laughing

Reverse psychology.

Last edited by canucks9314 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:43 am; edited 1 time in total
chpjns15

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
I disagree with your assessment on Datone. Whenever I watch UCLA he really pops off the screen as a guy to look out for. He brings solid leverage in the run game on the edge and the Bruins even move him inside on pass rushing downs and he's usually tearing through double teams. I think he's a 2nd rounder at worst when all is said and done.

I think he brings a lot to the table and has tons of potential, he is just inconsistent. Sometimes he flies through the line to the ball carrier, but then he gets blown out of the play entirely too often. I do like the effort he puts into his play, which I think could help him improve in that area.

There was one play in particular that I think is a perfect example of what he COULD become. I believe it was against USC, and he lines up in the 5 Tech, blows through a double team and a RB, and sacks Barkley before he had time to think. It was spectacular. But because of the inconsistency that I see, I wouldn't draft him before the 3rd round.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canucks9314 wrote:
could somebody explain what you guys mean by the bandit package? is it basically a 3 safety look with kam basically a lb with the other 2 being more coverage oriented safeties? thanks.

Essentially, yes. It's not pigeon-holed into having Kam as a LB though. Last year Atari Bigby got a lot of looks as the Bandit player and he got a hefty contract from San Diego for it. Winston Guy was supposed to be that guy for us this year.
canucks9314

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:

Essentially, yes. It's not pigeon-holed into having Kam as a LB though. Last year Atari Bigby got a lot of looks as the Bandit player and he got a hefty contract from San Diego for it. Winston Guy was supposed to be that guy for us this year.

What do you think about drafting Honey Badger for that role (as the additional coverage oriented safety)?

domepatrol91 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Reverse psychology.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canucks9314 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
canucks9314 wrote:

What do you think about drafting Honey Badger for that role (as the additional coverage oriented safety)?

I personally wouldn't mind it but I doubt the team gives up on Winston Guy unless the value for competition is great. I think the FO really likes Guy for those Bandit packages, though Mathieu would quite nice at the spot as well.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want DJ Wearinger in round 4, I'd even take him in round 3

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
canucks9314

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this probably sounds stupidly optimistic but i would love Jarvis Jones to slide to us due to medical reasons.

domepatrol91 wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

Reverse psychology.
Jared

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks
Draft
Richardson-DT
Trade back into the 2nd
Hamilton-WR
Greene-OLB
Taylor-CB
Barner-RB
Mellete-WR
Mauti-OLB
Mathieu-CB/S
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jared wrote:
Seahawks
Draft
Richardson-DT
Trade back into the 2nd
Hamilton-WR
Greene-OLB
Taylor-CB
Barner-RB
Mellete-WR
Mauti-OLB
Mathieu-CB/S

I know it's only a 5th, but why RB? Replace Leon? Lynch will certainly stay #1, & we just spent a high pick on Turbin...IDGI.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 20 of 24

Jump to: