Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Palmy, do grades or academic troubles play a factor at all? I know Star Lotulelei had some struggles as did Raji at BC. When KC took Jackson over Raji in 09 do you think that had any part of it?

Many had a higher grade on Jackson that year.

Grades do play a part. How big a part is pending many things like position ect. If it's an instinctive position I may care a little less about IQ issues or poor habits of that nature. Clearly this would be a HUGE red flag if I was grading out a QB though. Know what I mean?

Most can get over some IQ red well before laziness traits though and you can add me to that list!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Could be a great guy. James Jones had the same issues going into the pre draft that year. Came out clean as they come.
A lot of it has to do with ecology, then?

Yes, very much so.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So if you want to get drafted high in the NFL, you need to get good grades in Ecology. Got it.

I don't think that was offered as a class where I did my undergrad, but I was never going to play football for a variety of reasons.
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope that game opened some eyes with Manti Te'o. Don't take that the wrong way, kids a damn fine prospect. But I was reading top-5 type stuff and scratching my head. LIS, if ya ask me that's Rey Maualuga all over again. Going to be a damn fine pro but I don't see a star there. Maybe in hype pending where he goes, but not by grade. In terms of draft grade there is much to love. But that kid is not going to be a star in shorts, has a injury history, and has limits on 3rd downs.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Hope that game opened some eyes with Manti Te'o. Don't take that the wrong way, kids a damn fine prospect. But I was reading top-5 type stuff and scratching my head. LIS, if ya ask me that's Rey Maualuga all over again. Going to be a damn fine pro but I don't see a star there. Maybe in hype pending where he goes, but not by grade. In terms of draft grade there is much to love. But that kid is not going to be a star in shorts, has a injury history, and has limits on 3rd downs.

Ya....don't know if that was just being overmatched, over coached, or just a bad game, but he didn't color me over-impressed at all. I've seen other clips where he is studly, but....we've seen this movie before and he's wearing "50" in Green/Gold. Good but nothing spectacular.
rbens06

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Palmy, do grades or academic troubles play a factor at all? I know Star Lotulelei had some struggles as did Raji at BC. When KC took Jackson over Raji in 09 do you think that had any part of it?

If I remember correctly Raji's ineligibility was not related to poor grades, but a credit issue. I believe his issue was a credit issue. He was told by an academic adviser to take two summer classes in order to have enough credits to meet NCAA requirements, but in reality he needed to take three summer classes and thus was under the credit requirement.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

I think the "top 5" talk on Te'o was entirely driven by media who found his story compelling both from a human interest perspective and a " 'best' player on the 'best' team" perspective (I mean, honestly I think the best player on ND is Nix, but I don't expect ESPN to notice that.)

I don't think actual NFL decision makers, who are less swayed by emotion and narrative, were buying as high as the the midseason media reports were saying.

I mean, the first time I heard Mel Kiper say that the Kansas City Chiefs should take Manti Te'o #1 overall, I spit out my coffee. I hope he stops doing that now.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

I think the "top 5" talk on Te'o was entirely driven by media who found his story compelling both from a human interest perspective and a " 'best' player on the 'best' team" perspective (I mean, honestly I think the best player on ND is Nix, but I don't expect ESPN to notice that.)

I don't think actual NFL decision makers, who are less swayed by emotion and narrative, were buying as high as the the midseason media reports were saying.

I mean, the first time I heard Mel Kiper say that the Kansas City Chiefs should take Manti Te'o #1 overall, I spit out my coffee. I hope he stops doing that now.

I agree, the kansas City Chiefs should take Manti Te'o #1 overall. And that was confirmed by watching the BCS Championship game. Wink

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
pmikep

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished watching the Alabama, Notre Dame game for the second
time keeping my eye on Barrett Jones on every play. (71 total, 41 runs--
30 passing) This kid had a outstanding game. (playing against Nixs) We all know he has played LOT,ROG &C. Looks to me that he has very good to excellent hands, feet and size. (6'4",305, body needs some work)
Could he play LOT in the NFL. If not, play him at ROT and move BB to left ? This kid has day one starter written all over him.
Thoughts please !!!!
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmikep wrote:
30 passing) This kid had a outstanding game. (playing against Nixs) We all know he has played LOT,ROG &C. Looks to me that he has very good to excellent hands, feet and size. (6'4",305, body needs some work)
Could he play LOT in the NFL. If not, play him at ROT and move BB to left ? This kid has day one starter written all over him.
Thoughts please !!!!

Not going to comment on him at RT, because I don't know. But Bulaga is very good there. We also return Sherrod who is LT only. I think between Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, Barclay and Datko we should be fine at the tackle position going into next season.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
British

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
pmikep wrote:
Thoughts please !!!!

Not going to comment on him at RT, because I don't know. But Bulaga is very good there. We also return Sherrod who is LT only. I think between Bulaga, Sherrod, Newhouse, Barclay and Datko we should be fine at the tackle position going into next season.

Exactly. Why would we move him to OT when we have lots of options there and lack interior depth.

We're thinnest at C and G depth which are his more natural positions.

He apparently played that game with a lisfranc injury.
justo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Manti Te'o=Rey Maualuga
That's exactly what I've been saying! It's nuts that ESPN put a graphic that he only misses two tackles all season..that wasn't true at all.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
CWood21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

Definitely. The hype has gotten way out of hand with him, some people view him as a Patrick Willis kind of ILB and that's not him. He's a good football player, but don't think there is ever an elite linebacker there.
pollino14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Te'o as being a slghtly better version of AJ Hawk.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

British wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
pmikep wrote:
Thoughts please !!!!

Exactly. Why would we move him to OT when we have lots of options there and lack interior depth.

We're thinnest at C and G depth which are his more natural positions.

He apparently played that game with a lisfranc injury.

We have two true tackles on this team Bulaga and Sherrod. Just because we have guys like Newhouse and Barclay playing OT does not mean we are strong there. Those guys are emergency tackles IMO, we just start them because we have no choice. Very similar players to TJ Lang, who is also a emergency tackle.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 85 of 100

Jump to: