Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My first Mock Offseason(1/8/13)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregdege

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: My first Mock Offseason(1/8/13) Reply with quote

So here's my first shot at it. in the future i will put explanations but for now you guys get the jist of it. please give feedback!!!

Re-sign Players:

-Andre Brown RB EFA
-Victor Cruz WR RFA
-Domenik Hixon WR UFA
-Martellus Bennett TE UFA
-Bear Pascoe TE RFA
-Kevin Boothe G UFA
-William Beatty T UFA
-Selvish Capers G/T UFA
-Adrian Tracy DE RFA
-Zak DeOssie LB UFA
-Justin Tryon CB UFA
-Stevie Brown S RFA

Players leaving:

-David Carr QB UFA
-Ryan Torain RB UFA
-Kregg Lumpkin RB UFA
-Ramses Barden WR UFA
-Travis Beckum TE UFA
-Jim Cordle C UFA
-Sean Locklear T UFA
-Osi Umeniyora DE UFA
-Rocky Bernard DT UFA
-Shaun Rodgers DT UFA
-Chase Blackburn LB UFA
-Keith Rivers LB UFA
-Brian W'spoon CB UFA
-Michael Coe CB UFA
-Kenny Phillips S UFA
-Lawrence Tynes K UFA

Release:

-David Diehl
-Terrell Thomas
-Michael Boley

Free Agent Signings:

-Phil Loadholt, RT Vikings
-Israel Idonije, DT Bears

2013 Draft:

1.) Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
Height: 6-3. Weight: 236.
Projected 40 Time: 4.61.

2.) D.J. Fluker, OT/G, Alabama
Height: 6-6. Weight: 335.
Projected 40 Time: 5.15

3.) Tyrann Mathieu, CB/S, LSU
Height: 5-9. Weight: 175.
Projected 40 Time: 4.42.

4.) Michael Buchanan, DE/OLB, Illinois
Height: 6-6. Weight: 240.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.

5.) Ray Ray Armstrong, S, Faulkner University
Height: 6-4. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.59.

6.) Colin Klein, QB, Kansas State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 226.
Projected 40 Time: 4.72.

6.)(comp pick)Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 190.

7.) Kenny Tate, OLB, Maryland
Height: 6-4. Weight: 230.
Projected 40 Time: 4.71

Roster:

Offensive

QB: Eli Manning, Colin Klein
RB: Ahmad Bradshaw, David Wilson, Andre Brown, Da’rel Scott
FB: Henry Hynoski
WR: Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Rueben Randle, Domenik Hixon, Jerrel Jernigan
TE: Martellus Bennett, Bear Pascoe, Adrien Robinson
LT: William Beatty, Selvish Capers
LG: D.J. Fluker, Kevin Boothe
C: David Baas
RG: Chris Snee, Brandon Mosley
RT: Phil Loadholt, James Brewer

Defense:

LDE: Justin Tuck, Mathias Kiwanuka, Adrain Tracy
DT: Chris Canty, Marvin Austin, Markus Kuhn
DT: Linval Joseph, Israel Idonije
RDE: Jason Pierre-Paul, Adewale Ojomo
WLB: Jacquian Williams, Kenny Tate
MLB: Alec Ogletree, Mark Herzlich
SLB: Michael Buchanan, Spencer Paysinger
LCB: Corey Webster, Tyrann Mathieu,
RCB: Prince Amukamara, Jayron Hosley, Justin Tryon
FS: Antrel Rolle, Will Hill
SS: Stevie Brown, Ray Ray Armstrong, Tyler Sash

K: Dustin Hopkins
P: Steve Weatherford
LS: Zak DeOssie
Acgott

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like it

There are 5 players I have heard of in there, and I know nothing about this draft yet... That is not a good sign especially when two of those players got booted from their school

Also we are starting 2 rookies at LB?
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Position values are good, but I'm lukewarm on the Honey Badger AND Ray Ray Armstrong. One head case is ok but two? I'd be nervous
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Free Agency stuff is good, but the draft has too many players that are head cases and raw players.

Outside of Ogletree, Fluker, Mathieu, and Hopkins, I don't see any player (other than the Buchanon, a questionable fit, especially as a rookie with no depth behind him) drafted there. RayRay and Klein are borderline Rnd 7/UDFAs. Klein is a great college QB who doesn't have NFL skills. I would honestly stay away from RayRay other than a UDFA flier.

The Positions are fine where you have them drafted, but I would take those 2 players out. Also, if Buchanon is drafted, it would be too much to expect him to start at SLB, even in an elephant position. He was a College DE who played almost exclusively with his hand in the ground. Also, if Kiwi is moving to DE, maybe a cheap veteran LB with starting experience too to be a short-term SLB.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really really like the draft, having klein replace carr would (should) free up some cap room. And on the off chance that he has to play I really think he would out perform his projections.

I've been high on Ogletree for awhile now. And Buchanan is all I want from a OLB

overall nice job, even though I think we may be getting rid of Webster.

Bolieve in Masai
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, I am definitely not a fan of losing Kenny Phillips. He is a crucial part of this defense, even if he doesn't make many splash plays. I think the two free agent acquisitions would be great fits on the team.

I like Ogletree as a prospect, I just am not sure I would want to take him at #19. If the Giants trade back and then select him, I will be perfectly fine. But I think at 19, Ogletree is a slight reach and there is probably better talent to be drafted. Big fan of Fluker, but I hear many think he won't be able to play tackle effectively in the NFL. I am fine with him as a LG, but it would be nice to be able to fill the RT void with him. NOT a fan of Mathieu in the 3rd round. Too much of a risk to take him in the 3rd. Plus he is going to be limited in the NFL because of his lack of size. Don't know much about Buchanon. Needs to bulk up a little bit to play DE and I doubt he would transition well into a 4-3 linebacker. As a Hurricanes fan, I can say with certainty that I do not want Ray Ray Armstrong on the Giants. He just never showed he could translate into a safety after beginning his career as a WR. It would be a wasted pick, IMO. Don't like taking QBs in the draft, even in the late rounds. Klein doesn't seem like he will translate well into the NFL. Giants would be better off taking another position and hoping to select a gem who may actually see the field. I like the last two picks, as I had the same two selections in my mock.

Overall, not a fan of a rookie backup for Eli. If he were to actually go down, there is no way Coughlin would feel comfortable trotting out Klein. The new improved offensive line would be a huge improvement. I would be ecstatic if the Giants actually signed Loadholt. Perfect fit for the RT void. I would not be comfortable at all with that starting linebacker group. Way too inexperienced to be on the field for almost every defensive play. I don't mind Williams starting, but to start him along with two rookies would be a huge mistake. Linebacker is the largest void on your roster. I think the Giants would need to bring in a FA CB for depth over Mathieu. I think Will Hill would step up as a 3rd safety of starter, and provides good depth. My main problem with your mock offseason is that the Giants would be starting three rookies, which I don't think Coughlin would ever do.
dkebones

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
I really really like the draft, having klein replace carr would (should) free up some cap room. And on the off chance that he has to play I really think he would out perform his projections.

I've been high on Ogletree for awhile now. And Buchanan is all I want from a OLB

overall nice job, even though I think we may be getting rid of Webster.

Collin Klein.... DO. NOT. WANT. i do not want that noodle arm anywhere near my team. Laughing

besides, Carr made $1M for one of the easiest jobs in the NFL (given Eli's durability *knock on wood*), so why would you replace him with a rookie making $500k? I will take David Carr's "broken" QB play over many backup qbs in the league today, let alone a rookie.
minutemancl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Eli goes down, our season is f'ed no matter who starts in place of him. I'd rather have a cheaper, high potential rookie than Carr honestly.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
dkebones

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minutemancl wrote:
If Eli goes down, our season is f'ed no matter who starts in place of him. I'd rather have a cheaper, high potential rookie than Carr honestly.

agreed, and that's fine. that's an honest debate. but there is no debating that it should not be Collin Klein Laughing
Tehzl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

agreed, and that's fine. that's an honest debate. but there is no debating that it should not be Collin Klein Laughing

We should bring in Tebow, he could be our future when Eli departs. Laughing
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehzl wrote:
dkebones wrote:
minutemancl wrote:

We should bring in Tebow, he could be our future when Eli departs. Laughing

I love tebow and all ... but with his contract its a definite no

Bolieve in Masai

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: