Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rob Ryan fired
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
He didn't deserve to be fired but oh well. Will be interesting to see us in a 43.

I hope that Ware will be able to hold up to play that position. As it is right now, he has trouble staying healthy playing OLB.

- No chance Ratliff is going now, if we chose the 4-3 D. Will suit him good, and I do think that he will do good in that role. But I do dislike still having him on the team, yelling at your GM/owner is just to bad a attitude for something I would want on the team.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Make 2013 absolutely amazing and hire Ray Horton!!!

This is the only guy I want to replace RR in the 3-4. If we switch to a 4-3, get Lovie.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

This is the only guy I want to replace RR in the 3-4. If we switch to a 4-3, get Lovie.

Would Ray Horton run a 3-4? I could've sworn he was a 4-3 guy???

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
Guys, I think that I just turned into another Jerry Jones hater. And Jason Garrett along with it.

- Jon Gruden, please.

DK what took you so long ? Garrett is a weasel. He has no accountability.

I liked the guys overall plan for this team, I liked the drafting we have had with him as a HC, I liked how I felt I saw a difference in terms of heart on this team.

BUT, as you say, this guy has no accountability. He is the most stubborn jerk in the NFL and doesn't care if he damage the chances of the Cowboys of being competitors as long as he can give someone else the fault of another 8-8 season. If Jerry don't force him, he would have wanted to keep the OC duties yet again even tho he has had a lot of terrible playcalling his whole playcalling career in Dallas.

After his first year as OC the 2007 season, JG has been close to an abomination at playcalling. As a HC the team had been trailing the opposing team for close to 80% of the whole season and last year JG single handily cost us a game or two with him icing his own kicker. Yet he gets a pass

Garrett is much more a FO guy then a coach. He seems to be very good at drafting and bringing in good guys from FA. But as a coach, he is simply just to stubborn. I can't help but to think, that the defensive guys especially will hold some bitterness towards him. We have to remember, Rob was a players coach. And they did love him. And they do know that they did a hell of a lot better then the offence for most part of the season.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:
He didn't deserve to be fired but oh well. Will be interesting to see us in a 43.

I hope that Ware will be able to hold up to play that position. As it is right now, he has trouble staying healthy playing OLB.

- No chance Ratliff is going now, if we chose the 4-3 D. Will suit him good, and I do think that he will do good in that role. But I do dislike still having him on the team, yelling at your GM/owner is just to bad a attitude for something I would want on the team.

Trade him.
buckwild

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

This is the 1st name that Broaddus threw out there, but he feels that he will get the Cards HC job.

Clancy Pendergrass was another name thrown out there as well.

He said that it looks like the Cowboys are looking at switching to the 4-3, and that it looks very unlikely that Spencer will be back next year.

And that he would be shocked if the Cowboys didn't draft DL in the 1st round.

Just a few notes from what I'm hearing in Dallas.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

This is the 1st name that Broaddus threw out there, but he feels that he will get the Cards HC job.

Clancy Pendergrass was another name thrown out there as well.

He said that it looks like the Cowboys are looking at switching to the 4-3, and that it looks very unlikely that Spencer will be back next year.

And that he would be shocked if the Cowboys didn't draft DL in the 1st round.

Just a few notes from what I'm hearing in Dallas.

If the go base 43, then Norton probably moves to the top of the shortlist of candidates, I would think. Maybe someone like GB's Mike Trgovac comes into play.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
ThePlaymaker86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm pretty surprised to hear this. I'm very interested in hearing what the plan is - Horton, Capers, 4-3 (My wish)

The one thing that I don't like and I like JG, but where has his accountability been the last few years as the OC? I thought Rob did a better job with his guys than JG or Joe D did with theirs.

I guess Jerrah wasn't lying when he said there would be some changes
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePlaymaker86 wrote:
Wow, I'm pretty surprised to hear this. I'm very interested in hearing what the plan is - Horton, Capers, 4-3 (My wish)

The one thing that I don't like and I like JG, but where has his accountability been the last few years as the OC? I thought Rob did a better job with his guys than JG or Joe D did with theirs.

I guess Jerrah wasn't lying when he said there would be some changes

I'm extremely confident that Garrett will be held accountable for the offense, hence an OC will be brought in whether he likes it or not.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still dont know how I feel about this. My initial reaction is that I hate it. I liked Rob, he was inspiring. I thought he could really do some damage if given the time.

On the flipside, I hated that he didnt play any press coverage or blitz after we had some injuries. We played terribly vanilla the second half of the season. And we werent exotic to begin with. The personal issues also bothered me - though I attributed that to the injuries more than Ryan himself.

If we do move to a 4-3; I will be more comfortable with it. Or if we hire Crennel.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
DalCowboyzRule wrote:

Trade him.

This is something I could live with. Move to a 4-3. Trade Ware for a 1st and a 3rd, draft Ezekial Ansah from BYU and Chance Warmack with those 1st round picks and the team will be different. Sucks it won't happen though

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just stick to the one thread. Don't need two.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: