Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013 New Orleans Saints Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Lets get this straightened out right now. Malcolm Jenkins doesn't have "coverage skills" and he can't tackle for ish. No way would he succeed at SS, he's a bust, plain and simple. No more excuses guys. Excuses is how we ended up with the worst defense in history.

I second this!

I'm sick of all the woulda coulda shoulda... No Mo Excuses!!!

Jenkins is as big a bust as Ellis is and both need to go. Harper is old, slow and sad! He needs to go!!! Smith and Vilma should already be gone!!!

Following them all out the door should be Spagnuolo too... I love how some guys on here are quick to call players bust and say enough with the excuses and In the same breath make one up for Spags... AMAZING!!!

Blow this whole pathatic defensive unit up and begin a new. Keep the core young players to build around and get rid of our overpriced underperforming slackers. Spags included!!!

No more excuses... And I mean NO MORE!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Salary cap stuff:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8822266/nfl-mailbag-carryover-rules-impact-cap-strategy

Quote:
On the negative side, the New York Jets are $19.4 million over the cap. The Dallas Cowboys are $18.2 million over, the New Orleans Saints $14.7 million over and the Carolina Panthers $11.8 million over.

$14.7M over the cap means peace out Will Smith, Roman Harper and Vilma at the very least.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Lets get this straightened out right now. Malcolm Jenkins doesn't have "coverage skills" and he can't tackle for ish. No way would he succeed at SS, he's a bust, plain and simple. No more excuses guys. Excuses is how we ended up with the worst defense in history.

I second this!

Jenkins is as big a bust as Ellis is and both need to go. Harper is old, slow and sad! He needs to go!!! Smith and Vilma should already be gone!!!

Following them all out the door should be Spagnuolo too... I love how some guys on here are quick to call players bust and say enough with the excuses and In the same breath make one up for Spags... AMAZING!!!

Blow this whole pathatic defensive unit up and begin a new. Keep the core young players to build around and get rid of our overpriced underperforming slackers. Spags included!!!

Agreed 100%. Vilma, Smith, Harper, Jenkins and Ellis all need to be gone this off-season.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
SWATcha

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

I second this!

What's sad is somewhere in the general thread there's a link to (PFF?) stats and the poster just did top and bottom 5 of every position. Both Harper and Jenkins were in the bottom 5 for safeties, ouch.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm fine with keeping Vilma and Harper if they both restructure.

Jenkins will likely stay because Spags loves him.

Smith is going to leave or take a HUGE paycut via restructure and Ellis probably won't even get a chance to clean out his locker, he'll find a box of his belongings on the front steps of the team facilities. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

Agreed 100%. Vilma, Smith, Harper, Jenkins and Ellis all need to be gone this off-season.

As much as we'd all love that, I think we all know the chance of that happening is pretty small.

Spags loves Jenkins, so I think we'll see him getting another shot. Smith, Ellis and Harper(who I think had that 'outburst' against Spags) I can see gone. Unfortunately I think we'll keep Vilma because he's seen as a leader. I just hope he restructures in a big way.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canadian Saint wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

As much as we'd all love that, I think we all know the chance of that happening is pretty small.

Spags loves Jenkins, so I think we'll see him getting another shot. Smith, Ellis and Harper(who I think had that 'outburst' against Spags) I can see gone. Unfortunately I think we'll keep Vilma because he's seen as a leader. I just hope he restructures in a big way.

I really don't believe most saints fans realize yet how much of a turnover were about to go through... All these players and Spags were brought into help win a hometown superbowl. They were suppose to help us get over the hump defensively... Spags was NOT brought in to begin a rebuilding project!

Spagnuolo was suppose to help make a veteran defense more sound but instead he delivered the worst defense In NFL history. Go ahead, make ur excuses for spags... He needs more time, he needs his players, whatever.

If spags is not fired this offseason he will be next offseason. Might as well get the project started early!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="whodatworm23"]
Canadian Saint wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Go ahead, make ur excuses for spags... He needs more time, he needs his players, whatever.

If spags is not fired this offseason he will be next offseason. Might as well get the project started early!

Umm on the bright side we were not the 08 Lions Laughing

But seriously we had no head and a big fat distraction, So In all honestly I don't believe Spags is at fault. Perhaps looking at players, WHO do you think would have done a better job? No pressure from the Dline, Except for Lofton who really stood out at linebacker?

what about our backfield? Greer is getting older and Robinson gets burned almost has me have flash backs of jason david. So who else Patrick whos 2 years in the league and continues to look lost at times.

Also anyone think of the players that left that the team just didn't address?

since 06 our defense of draft history has been Harper, Porter, Robinson, Jordan, Wilson, Hicks, white.

Thats 6 years worth of defensive draft picks that have panned out. how can you win with that without a head coach? honestly how could you?

Honestly coaching wise maybe the steelers, Texans, Broncos, could have done a better job. Since they have assistants who have experience as a HC and could get by.

Bottom line we don't draft our defense for the future, we don't build through the draft. and thats how you win multiple championships. not pissin away draft picks for mark ingram and not use him properly. and not ignoring a eroding defense for years using cheap quick fix alternatives.

Thats just the way I see it Cool
FLOODx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Ellis is the only player that's DEFINITELY gone. I could see Smith and Vilma restructuring their deals and staying, and I highly doubt Jenkins gets released or traded. I'd love to see all of them go, but I doubt it happens. Smith really needs to go though. We need to draft players with higher ceilings instead of lower floors, in my opinion. We never take chances when it comes to the draft. Our 1st round picks for the last 7 years have mostly been dissappointments. I have faith in Loomis with the cap situation, but not so much with the draft.. At least in the early rounds.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
Porter22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up!

According to Adam Schefter, the Saints are still $5.5 Million over the cap. Even with all the restructures and the higher cap! Shocked

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/307489813936893952

Quote:
Teams with least room this am: CAR $8 mil over cap; NO $5.5 mil over; WASH $3 mil over; AZ $1.2 mil over; OAK $800k over.

QB Drew Brees -

DB Patrick Robinson -
Porter22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the second post as well, will add some rumors later!

QB Drew Brees -

DB Patrick Robinson -
SWATcha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the Failclowns just cut Abraham, Robinson, and Turner. Freeing up a bunch of cap space.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/307490867202097152

Why can't the Saints do this and just cut ties with their overpaid non-performing vets? How much cap space would cutting Harper/Smith/Vilma produce, exactly?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be nice..

Adopt-a-Saint
101stSaintsFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SWATcha wrote:
So, the Failclowns just cut Abraham, Robinson, and Turner. Freeing up a bunch of cap space.

Why can't the Saints do this and just cut ties with their overpaid non-performing vets? How much cap space would cutting Harper/Smith/Vilma produce, exactly?

I dunno. We have a SB ring and they don't so excuse me for not thinking that the ATL front office is the measuring stick. Let them do whatever they want. *spolier alert* the Failclowns are going to go after some big name free agent and think they are good. They do it damn near every year. I trust our FO and the fact that they have a plan in motion. Smith/Harper/Vilma will either be with the team next year or they won't but you can rest assured that they won't be making what they made the past few years.

2014 Adopt a Saint:

Khiry Robinson

Keenan Lewis
FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101stSaintsFan wrote:
SWATcha wrote:

I dunno. We have a SB ring and they don't so excuse me for not thinking that the ATL front office is the measuring stick. Let them do whatever they want. *spolier alert* the Failclowns are going to go after some big name free agent and think they are good. They do it damn near every year. I trust our FO and the fact that they have a plan in motion. Smith/Harper/Vilma will either be with the team next year or they won't but you can rest assured that they won't be making what they made the past few years.

True dat big dog!

Adopt-a-Saint

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 4 of 39

Jump to: