Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. IV: Training Camp in Full Swing!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Quote:
Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley is a candidate to succeed Andy Reid as the Philadelphia Eagles' head coach.

The Eagles announced they have received permission to interview Bradley next week.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
hawksman81

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if Aaron Curry had actually lived up to his hype and was playing where Leroy Hill is right now... Drool

Only if he had a brain...

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
Sham

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would be an ideal replacement for Gus if we lose him to the Eagles?

Sorry, I haven't been active with conversations pertaining to the Seahawks on this forum.

Stat Tracker:
* ATT | * Pass YDs | * Pass TDs | * Rush YDs | * Rush TDs

USC Trojans | Seattle Seahawks
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sham wrote:
Who would be an ideal replacement for Gus if we lose him to the Eagles?

Sorry, I haven't been active with conversations pertaining to the Seahawks on this forum.

Honestly, I think it's anyones guess. I doubt it'd be a name we're all familiar with. Wouldn't be surprised if they just promoted within, someone like LB coach Ken Norton or DB coach Kris Richard.
Sham

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

Honestly, I think it's anyones guess. I doubt it'd be a name we're all familiar with. Wouldn't be surprised if they just promoted within, someone like LB coach Ken Norton or DB coach Kris Richard.

How does the idea of hiring DC Justin Wilcox from UW sit with you?

Stat Tracker:
* ATT | * Pass YDs | * Pass TDs | * Rush YDs | * Rush TDs

USC Trojans | Seattle Seahawks
Meeker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
imani wrote:
Quote:
Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley is a candidate to succeed Andy Reid as the Philadelphia Eagles' head coach.

The Eagles announced they have received permission to interview Bradley next week.

Lol, I feel the same, but most Hawks fans want him to stay for some reason...guess they think he is actually a big part of why they are good, but not the reason they seem to fall apart at the end of games.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sham wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

How does the idea of hiring DC Justin Wilcox from UW sit with you?

I would love it, that's who I hired in a mock draft I'm currently conducting. I think he's the perfect candidate.
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if Bradley leaves & when somebody else comes in we keep doing the same stuff 'cuz it's what PC WANTS them to call? He is, after all, a defensive coach @ heart. Much as I dislike the soft-zone in "Don't lose it, oops we did." situations, I'm inclined to believe it's on PC, not GB. Hope I'm wrong.
sirensong

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meeker wrote:
Tooki wrote:
imani wrote:
Quote:

Lol, I feel the same, but most Hawks fans want him to stay for some reason...guess they think he is actually a big part of why they are good, but not the reason they seem to fall apart at the end of games.

I wouldn't say most Hawks fans want him to stay, he's being pegged as a defensive guru in the media these days but if you watch enough Hawks football either Pete is a moron on 3rd down or Bradley is. Im incline to let Bradley go and see if that changes before we blame Pete.

For a good chunk of the season ALOT of Hawks fans were begging for both coordinators to be canned. But its at the point where we've had too much success for either to be let go.
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read a story about the Iggles HC search. Many of the posters following the story are high on Bradley because they think can rebuild their formerly ferocious defense. Nothing there to indicate their FO thinks the same, but apparently he WILL interview after today's game.
Meeker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirensong wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Tooki wrote:
imani wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn't say most Hawks fans want him to stay, he's being pegged as a defensive guru in the media these days but if you watch enough Hawks football either Pete is a moron on 3rd down or Bradley is. Im incline to let Bradley go and see if that changes before we blame Pete.

For a good chunk of the season ALOT of Hawks fans were begging for both coordinators to be canned. But its at the point where we've had too much success for either to be let go.

I first read about this on another Hawks forum and atleast 80% of the posters wanted him to stay, only a handful were saying they would be happy to have him leave.

Good Luck Bradley, go get that job!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone. First, congrats on the big win today. I've kind of adopted the Seahawks as the team I'm pulling for in the playoffs.

I know a few of you have been asked this before but what can you tell me about Gus Bradley. Seems to be some people in this thread that like him and some that can't wait to get rid of him.

A few questions:
1) In your opinion, is he ready to be a head coach?
2) Does he run multiple schemes?
3) Is he mild mannered or aggressive?
4) Do you think he would be able to poach a few assistants from your staff to fill out his potential staff? If so, any ideas who that might be?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Set your DVRs, Richard Sherman was mic'd up for yesterday's game and will be featured on SoundFX on NFL Network Wednesday at 7:30 p.m.

https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/288366640842805250
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
Hey everyone. First, congrats on the big win today. I've kind of adopted the Seahawks as the team I'm pulling for in the playoffs.

I know a few of you have been asked this before but what can you tell me about Gus Bradley. Seems to be some people in this thread that like him and some that can't wait to get rid of him.

A few questions:
1) In your opinion, is he ready to be a head coach?
2) Does he run multiple schemes?
3) Is he mild mannered or aggressive?
4) Do you think he would be able to poach a few assistants from your staff to fill out his potential staff? If so, any ideas who that might be?

I certainly wouldn't consider myself the most knowledgeable person on Gus Bradley because I don't know what goes on behind the scenes with him and PC and who's actually responsible for the scheming during the week and in-game playcalling and all that stuff, but here's my answers anyway:

1. No, I haven't seen enough from him to say he's ready to be a head coach. If he is the one calling all the plays in game, then he is definitely not ready for the big time yet. He tends to get stuck in ruts when it comes to calling plays. The "soft-zone" has become like a 4-letter word to fans in this forum. 3rd and long has been painful to watch all year because of it. He continually calls the same sets and we watch as our D gives up 3rd and long conversion over and over again.

2. The 'Hawks have a base defensive scheme, that others can explain much better than I, but it is of Carroll's design, not Gus, and I'm not sure if he has added anything to that scheme or if it's all Pete telling Gus what he wants and Gus has to work within that structure. I'm sure he has his own views on defense and schemes and whatnot, but I'm not sure if Pete has allowed him the flexibility to use it.

3. From what I've seen Bradley seems to be pretty mild-mannered. I haven't seen clips of him screaming at his players or arguing heavily with Pete. I also haven't seen him be consistently agressive in his playcalling. He tends to bring heavy pressure as a reaction to the opposing offense making plays instead of forcing the opponents hand with heavy pressure early, but like I said in the last answer, that may be in Pete's control more than Gus'.

4. I'm pretty sure he has some coaches in mind for if/when he gets a HC job. And I'm sure that if he has a positive relationship with some guys on the current 'Hawks staff and it benefits them to go with him to another team, then poaching would certainly occur.
hawksman81

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we signed Ryan Longwell to be our kicker. I know he was really good a few years back. Laughing

Edit: Here’s the confirmation for anyone that cares.

Quote:
‏@AdamSchefter
Ryan Longwell, a 15-year NFL veteran who has not been in uniform this season, will sign with the Seattle Seahawks, per @Edwerderespn.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 28 of 100

Jump to: