Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarvis Jones a Dolphin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jw33d

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Jarvis Jones a Dolphin? Reply with quote

I just saw a mock draft that has Jarvis Jones sliding to us at 12. What are yalls thoughts?

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/1/7/3842518/nfl-mock-draft-2013-tyler-wilson-geno-smith-chiefs-cardinals

freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Jarvis Jones a Dolphin? Reply with quote

The spinal stenosis makes me hesitant.
stepover

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Jarvis Jones a Dolphin? Reply with quote

jw33d wrote:
I just saw a mock draft that has Jarvis Jones sliding to us at 12. What are yalls thoughts?

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/1/7/3842518/nfl-mock-draft-2013-tyler-wilson-geno-smith-chiefs-cardinals

Think it's highly unlikely for the following reasons. On onfield play alone Jones is a top-10 lock and probably top-5. I've seen big boards with him at #1 (Walterfootball has him there currently). So the only reason he drops to the Dolphins at 12 I think is because of the spinal stenosis. But if that's the case it means he has failed 11 other teams physical exams. What makes you think he would then pass ours? Alternatively, if he would pass our physical then he should also pass other team's physicals and so he will go in the top 10.

But it's early - 4 months and a lot can change.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Invariably there is always someone ranked in the Top 10 (That is of course a whole different topic on how one ranks players) that falls on draft day.

As far as Jarvis Jones, where he is taken is going to come down to a medical decision, with the current state and expected decline factored in.

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two words:

Billy. Milner.
Dolphin Dave

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the referenced mock it would be a difficult decision. Jones is a great talent. However, with the experience of my wife's spinal stenosis, I would take Dee Millner at that spot. Both fill positions of critical need with good talent. Millner with less risk of catastrophic injury built in.

frankmoore wrote:
The hero doesn't always ride off into the sunset with the girl, sometimes he ends up on the wrong end of the lightsaber.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: