Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

You don't like Romo? Find me a Solution
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LANDRYLEGEND wrote:
AJ McCarron looked like Tom Brady last night, there is our answer. Draft his line this year, next year draft him in rnd 1.

McCarron doesn't have the arm of a first round QB. He made two NFL throws last night which would've been intercepted at the pro level because of how long it took for the passes to get there. He looked great because Notre Dame's team was utterly outclassed by the size and speed of Alabama's offense. Now, I'm not saying he's a bad QB, but he isn't a 1st round pick. Not at this point in time, anyway.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I totally agree but let's say Ariz comes to you n says we give you a 1st this year and another next year, would you do it???

If you trade Romo then trade Ware too. Do a full blown rebuild. Both would bring you a first and a second. Take the second rounders this year and defer the first to next year. Then you would have the ammo to make a run at Teddy Bridgewater.

Having 3 second rounders this year would put you in a position to move around and draft Warmack , Cooper and Floyd. O line is rebuilt and the d line gets some much needed energy.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Quote:
I totally agree but let's say Ariz comes to you n says we give you a 1st this year and another next year, would you do it???

If you trade Romo then trade Ware too. Do a full blown rebuild. Both would bring you a first and a second. Take the second rounders this year and defer the first to next year. Then you would have the ammo to make a run at Teddy Bridgewater.

Bridgewater didn't impress me all that much. Granted, my sample size of him was very limited since I only got to see two Louisville games this year, but I wasn't very impressed. He has a lot of work to do before I'd consider him a top prospect.

Quote:
Having 3 second rounders this year would put you in a position to move around and draft Warmack , Cooper and Floyd. O line is rebuilt and the d line gets dome much needed energy.

Agreed.

Northland wrote:
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how Romo's restructure bonuses work? I'm pretty sure if we traded him, it'd cost us $3-4m in cap space. We'd save his salary but escalate all his restructure bonuses.

Sig courtesy of mack.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Does anyone know how Romo's restructure bonuses work? I'm pretty sure if we traded him, it'd cost us $3-4m in cap space. We'd save his salary but escalate all his restructure bonuses.

It would depend on whether the bonuses were classified as guarantees or bonuses. And then, it would depend on the timeline when the bonuses were set to be paid or become guaranteed. Some bonuses don't become guaranteed unless certain incentives are reached, so it really depends on how the wording is structured.

For example, a player may need to pass for 4,000 yards to have one bonus become guaranteed; he may need to throw 30 TDs for another to become guaranteed; and then have a completion percentage of 66% for a different one to become guaranteed. And, if all three incentives are reached, other bonuses may then become guaranteed and/or guarantee future bonuses in later years.

Northland wrote:
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Quote:

Bridgewater didn't impress me all that much. Granted, my sample size of him was very limited since I only got to see two Louisville games this year, but I wasn't very impressed. He has a lot of work to do before I'd consider him a top prospect.

Quote:
Having 3 second rounders this year would put you in a position to move around and draft Warmack , Cooper and Floyd. O line is rebuilt and the d line gets dome much needed energy.

Agreed.

Bridgewater is just getting started. He will be the second player picked in 2014.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Agreed.

Bridgewater is just getting started. He will be the second player picked in 2014.

Perhaps, perhaps not. I agree that he's just getting started because he's so young and that it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that Clowney will go #1 overall, but QBs are tough to predict.

Northland wrote:
gofrogs

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off subject, but does anyone know when copensatory picks are awarded this year. Any chance the Cowboys can ended up with one? With all the FA we signed I seriously doubt it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

It would depend on whether the bonuses were classified as guarantees or bonuses. And then, it would depend on the timeline when the bonuses were set to be paid or become guaranteed. Some bonuses don't become guaranteed unless certain incentives are reached, so it really depends on how the wording is structured.

For example, a player may need to pass for 4,000 yards to have one bonus become guaranteed; he may need to throw 30 TDs for another to become guaranteed; and then have a completion percentage of 66% for a different one to become guaranteed. And, if all three incentives are reached, other bonuses may then become guaranteed and/or guarantee future bonuses in later years.

I would assume that "restructure bonuses" as they were called were guaranteed and already paid, similar to signing bonuses, and the cap hit was just spread out against future years.

Sig courtesy of mack.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

I would assume that "restructure bonuses" as they were called were guaranteed and already paid, similar to signing bonuses, and the cap hit was just spread out against future years.

Bonuses can be pain in lump sums. They don't need to be pro-rated over the life of a contract even though they're a form of guaranteed money.

Northland wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: