Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Something Different Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wcblack34

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the National Championship...Chance Warmack is just incredible. Check that...Chance Warmack is the best player on the field.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
Watching the National Championship...Chance Warmack is just incredible. Check that...Chance Warmack is the best player on the field.

If we packaged our 1st and 2nd round picks, we should be able to move up to pick 14 (overall) which belongs to Carolina, assuming Warmack lasts that long. Do think this trade would be worth getting him? Another potential trade partner would be NO at 15, ironically enough, as they lost their 2nd round pick as a penalty for the bountygate scandal. What do you think?
chuck44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

If we packaged our 1st and 2nd round picks, we should be able to move up to pick 14 (overall) which belongs to Carolina, assuming Warmack lasts that long. Do think this trade would be worth getting him? Another potential trade partner would be NO at 15, ironically enough, as they lost their 2nd round pick as a penalty for the bountygate scandal. What do you think?

Trade our 1st and 2nd to move up for an OG...dont see that happening>>Spielman wants to build thru the draft...Warmack is a beast ..but thats a pretty high price tag for a G
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmack is a beast, the best guard prospect last year (DeCastro) fell to the early 20's...if he is there i would pull the trigger.
perrynoid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:
perrynoid wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

Trade our 1st and 2nd to move up for an OG...dont see that happening>>Spielman wants to build thru the draft...Warmack is a beast ..but thats a pretty high price tag for a G

While I understand what you are saying, Warmack is such a quality player I think he is worth the cost. A likely perrenial pro-bowler who could easily be one of the top guards for the next decade would be difficult to pass up, right?
chuck44

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
chuck44 wrote:
perrynoid wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

While I understand what you are saying, Warmack is such a quality player I think he is worth the cost. A likely perrenial pro-bowler who could easily be one of the top guards for the next decade would be difficult to pass up, right?

I hear what your saying ..the guy will be a stud..but we have alot of holes to fill...but if he falls to us HELL YEAH...I cant remember an OG that commanded that hefty price tag tho
wcblack34

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck44 wrote:
perrynoid wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

I think it would be a high price for a G, but then again, with the effect he would have on Sullivan and Kalil, it may well be worth it. I don't think Carolina would take him. They need a lot of help at DT and OT, not necessarily Guard. New Orleans has excellent Guards already. I could see St. Louis or Chicago going for him though. I don't think St. Louis stays at 16. I think they either move up or back.
Purple blood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the draft the drew Stanton is averyunderrated move that I've been talking about alot overall I thought it was great hope it happens
Swaps

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Something Different Mock Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
2nd Kenny Vaccaro S Texas: After trading up last year to select the best Safety in the draft,

He wasn't the best safety in the draft.

Mark Barron went top 10.

"the more I like you, the more I want to smash your face into the ground." -- Jared Allen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PurpleNation22

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Something Different Mock Reply with quote

Swaps wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:
2nd Kenny Vaccaro S Texas: After trading up last year to select the best Safety in the draft,

He wasn't the best safety in the draft.

Mark Barron went top 10.

Just cause he went top 10 doesn't mean he was the best safety. Most people here will argue that Harry was the better player this year and therefore the best safety in the draft last year. I'll take Harry's 3 picks and 2 TD's with 103 tackles over Barron's lone pick and 89 tackles.
PurplePeterson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to puke at that Percy for Miles trade
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurplePeterson wrote:
I want to puke at that Percy for Miles trade

Really? What do you think the market is for an injured, disgruntled, me-first Wide Receiver who has a substance abuse history and contract demands?
Alobar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:

The fact of the matter is that we're not going to get Calvin Johnson back for Percy. Miles Austin is an extremely capable receiver and could actually be available. He's a huge upgrade over anything else on the roster, and we all saw how much average WR's got overpaid last year.

I love Austin when he is healthy. Unfortunately, "when he's healthy" is not a common occurence. If we can get Jerry to spring for a pair of bionic legs for him, I'd pull the trigger. Otherwise, no thanks.
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
VikeManDan wrote:
Would love the first four picks! That would awesome, you are spot on about Warmack. Personally i don't like the harvin trade, not an austin fan.

The fact of the matter is that we're not going to get Calvin Johnson back for Percy. Miles Austin is an extremely capable receiver and could actually be available. He's a huge upgrade over anything else on the roster, and we all saw how much average WR's got overpaid last year.

I wouldn't expect Calvin Johnson value in that trade. I just don't like Austin. Period. I would rather:

a) Keep Harvin OR
b) Trade him for just picks (i.e. 1st, 2nd & conditional, whatever management thought would bring the best value).
joru1000

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice effort, but trading Percy for a slowly declining Miles Austin and then drafting a very suspicious wide receiver is not going to fix our glaring wide receiver problems. We'll be in this exact same place in 2014 B****ing about how we need a receiver of the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: