Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My first Mock Draft in a while

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mash3rramfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: My first Mock Draft in a while Reply with quote

This is my first mock draft in a couple of years. I am not going into Free Agency just yet.

1A: Chance Warmack OG Alabama: We all know our offensive line needs an overhaul and I believe Warmack is a solid piece. He would add a big body to the interior of the line.

1B: Zach Ertz TE Stanford: As a student at a Pac-12 school, I have seen Ertz play plenty of times. He is an incredible receiving TE exactly what we need. He has made plenty of clutch catches and will be a great asset to our offense.

2: Eric Reid S LSU: I think we all know that Craig Dahl is not the answer and we need to fix the safety positon. Eric Reid is a very athletic safety who is a ballhawk and a hard hitting safety. He is very aggressive and is out of position at times but I think with Fisher's guidance he can be very good.

3. Eddie Lacy RB Alabama: After watching him in the National Title game I would love to see him in a Rams uniform. He reminds so much of Steven Jackson it is uncanny. I am a huge fan or Daryl Richardson but I dont see him as a #1 back. Lacy and Richardson would be a stellar two-headed monster.

4. Markus Wheaton WR Oregon St: I do think we sign a big WR addition in the offseason and we keep Danny. We still need weapons for Sam. Markus Wheaton has established himself as a solid wide receiver and he can add to our young and improving receiver core.

5. Tyrann Mathieu KR/PR LSU: Tyrann Mathieu is the game changer we need in the return game. We havent had a solid returner IMO since Az Zahir-Hakim. Mathieu can make a big difference and if he can get his off the field antics in check he can make for a great nickel corner.

6. Kiko Alonso LB Oregon: Kiko Alonso may be small but he is one of the most physical LBs I have seen. He is also an incredible cover LB. He forces timely turnovers and is all over the field.

7. Roger Gaines OT Tennessee St.: He is a big and has some raw talent and can potentially be a steal.

Rams. Oregon Ducks. Dodgers. Brewers. Lakers. Arsenal
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheaton in the 4th? Good luck with that, you better hope jrry doesnt see this
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:

Yeah, Wheaton could honestly be gone in the second. 4th would be crazy.

Love the Alonzo pick, but I feel he'll be long gone also (could be wrong on that).
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Ertz but I'd rather take Hopkins with our 2nd first rounder. I just think he'll make a bigger impact and wide receiver is a bigger need than TE.

I also don't see Lacy falling to the third or Wheaton to the fourth.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:

Yeah, Wheaton could honestly be gone in the second. 4th would be crazy.

Love the Alonzo pick, but I feel he'll be long gone also (could be wrong on that).
I think Wheaton is getting pushed back down by all the WR talent in this draft, and it could be compounded with only 3 WRs going in the 1st, and maybe all of them going in the 18+ range. But with saying that, 4th is unlikely.

Kikio has probably moved himself up with all his big game performances.

I know most dont Like Reid the way I do, but I really dont think he makes it out of the Top 45 picks. I would love it if he did, and would take him for sure, just hard to see.

But Chance is a great pick and we would be foolish to pass him up. Im really starting to warm up to Ertz, he could be a beast in this league (dont like Eifert as much) And Lacy showed out last night, possibly pushing him up right behind Gio and a 2nd rounder.
Wr80

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After last night Warmack looks like one of the best guards i've ever seen. He literally eats up and pushes anything that comes within 5 feet of him.
Hoj398

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheaton will be gone way before the 4th round. Besides Warmack, Wheaton and Mathieu i say no thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: