Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RGIII and Shanahan Let the Team Down
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Just imagine that Shanahan had benched RG3 at halftime and brought in Cousins and he threw 2 picks and lost the game. Everyone would be calling for Shanahan to be fired.

We don't know what would have happaned.

Not me. I don't care how popular or good RG3 is, last nite after the 1st quarter he was not the best QB to put us In position to win the game. Cousins has played in many big games in college and I would've been confident in him to add on to the lead and not have the D playing there tail off while the offense looks like trash. Cutler was called out for not playing, where as I'm calling RG3/Shanahan for allowing him to play without much contribution while injured. Him playing injured hurt more than him taking a seat and being the best motivator for Cousins from the bench.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
Just imagine that Shanahan had benched RG3 at halftime and brought in Cousins and he threw 2 picks and lost the game. Everyone would be calling for Shanahan to be fired.

Not me. I don't care how popular or good RG3 is, last nite after the 1st quarter he was not the best QB to put us In position to win the game. Cousins has played in many big games in college and I would've been confident in him to add on to the lead and not have the D playing there tail off while the offense looks like trash. Cutler was called out for not playing, where as I'm calling RG3/Shanahan for allowing him to play without much contribution while injured. Him playing injured hurt more than him taking a seat and being the best motivator for Cousins from the bench.
We didn't trade 3 firsts and a second to start our backup QB in the playoffs.
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Yea and that attitude is IMO why we will be sitting at home come Sunday. This is not about how much we traded for RG3 because when healthy he is certainly worth the value we traded to get him, this is about who would give us the best chance to WIN the game. Can you tell me our offensive numbers in the 1st quarter before he hurt his leg compared to them afterwards? If you don't get my drift by then, than its no need to continue this conversation.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Yea and that attitude is IMO why we will be sitting at home come Sunday. This is not about how much we traded for RG3 because when healthy he is certainly worth the value we traded to get him, this is about who would give us the best chance to WIN the game. Can you tell me our offensive numbers in the 1st quarter before he hurt his leg compared to them afterwards? If you don't get my drift by then, than its no need to continue this conversation.

Not to mention the extra damage he must've done to his knee playing on it after the first quarter. You don't trade 3 firsts and a 2nd to ruin the player after one season.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Not to mention the extra damage he must've done to his knee playing on it after the first quarter. You don't trade 3 firsts and a 2nd to ruin the player after one season.
How exactly is he ruined?
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Thank You👍👍👍👍

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

exaclty!! Applause Applause
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

How exactly is he ruined?

Didn't say he was definitively ruined. But to allow a player to continue to play on the knee after it was clear he was hobbled is to invite ruination to that player. Who knows the extent of his injury? Who knows if he will be able to come back from the injury. Will he miss a year? Who knows? What will that do to a young QB who misses a crucial year of development? This ain't like Tom Brady missing a year. He was already an established QB. Griff needs to learn and develop as a QB and he has alot of areas to improve on. If he misses alot of time because of this, it will hamper his progression as a player. The point is, you do not INVITE MURPHY (Murphy's Law) inside your stadium. Especially with a player you traded 3 firsts and a 2nd to draft.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: RGIII and Shanahan Let the Team Down Reply with quote

TLSkins wrote:

Hindsight is 20/20. Had RGIII stayed in and pulled the game through for us, he would have been viewed as a hero. We all saw the same thing against the Eagles and Cowboys -- no one saw you complaining or making a thread about it when we were winning.

RGIII would never back down from playing as long as he is able to walk. While it obviously has its double-edged sword qualities, it's certainly a much more admirable characteristic than being a baby.

I'm sick of this fanbase bashing Shanahan and RGIII. Had he had taken himself out the game, everyone would still be bashing on him regardless for 'giving up'. Man up, swallow the loss, and stop complaining about it.

Some fans are just waiting for an opportunity to bad-mouth our coaches. I have never seen anything like it.

Quote:
'Coach Shanahan didn't lie about it, and I didn't lie," Andrews said. "I didn't get to examine (Griffin's knee) because he came out for one play, didn't let us look at him and on the next play, he ran through all the players and back out onto the field. Coach Shanahan looks at me like, 'Is he OK?' and I give him the 'Hi' sign as in, 'He's running around, so I guess he's OK.' But I didn't get to check him out until after the game. It was just a communication problem. Heat of battle. I didn't get to tell him I didn't get to examine the knee. Mike Shanahan would never have put him out there at risk just to win a game."
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000123746/article/dr-james-andrews-explains-robert-griffin-iii-confusion

IMO all Andrews did when he walked in that little shed is give RG3 a handful of meds. Then RG3 convinced everyone he could play because he wasn't leaving the field if he could walk. Then jogging back to the sidelines and we just got the ball back, who's going to pull him??
Quote:

"Many may question, criticize & think they have all the right answers. But few have been in the line of fire in battle," Griffin tweeted.
http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S2887668.shtml?cat=502

I thought we should have pulled him at halftime at the latest, but RG3 must have been walking thru the pain and they couldn't get an MRI done in time. He convinced everyone he could go. And in the locker room, his teammates wanted him to play:
Quote:
Fletcher: He's earned the right to play. If he tells the coach he's able to play, then let him play.
http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Teammates-Griffin-III-Earned-Right-To-Play/24c4e644-350d-4a0b-8c3e-493b34872354
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
21 ALL THE WAY wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:

Well-hate to point out the obvious,,but we didn't START our backup, However , he should have come in right away when RGIII reinjured his knee early in the game. Now he's probably lost for an entire season.
Another thing bugging me --The brace. It seemed so restrictive and cumbersome and obviously didn't protect him when he finally collapsed without being hit. I wonder if it contributed to the injury much more than helping him.. It just made his movement awkward, un-natural.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: