Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kirk Cousins time to shine
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will Kirk be our starter next year
Yes
45%
 45%  [ 5 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Too early to tell
54%
 54%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Kirk Cousins time to shine Reply with quote

http://blogsohardsports.com/redskins/looks-like-it-will-be-kirk-cousins-time-to-shine/

Written by me! Cool

So you are Kirk Cousins. You want to be an NFL starting quarterback. The problem is, that the team that selected you just traded up in the 2012 NFL draft spending more than anyone in history to do so to draft the best athlete as a quarterback since Michael Vick.

You have had nothing but challenges and people questioning you throughout your college years. Since the day you've been drafted everyone in the US but the Shanahan's and a few fans questioned why you were even drafted by the Washington Redskins in round 4 of the 2012 NFL draft. So you must prove people wrong again. You aren't very outspoken like Robert Griffin III, you don't have TV commercials or the media all over your every word. You are a more quiet leader.

Throughout training camp and the preseason you proved that you could play and be a viable back up in the NFL. So much so that a 10 year veteran who was the 2011 starting quarter back was made inactive week 1 so you could go in of need be.

Week 14 in the forth quarter at home versus the Baltimore Ravens the inevitable happened, Robert Griffin III got hurt for the second time this season only this time it looked like a serious knee injury.

It's now it "It's your time to shine." You
Finish the job, throwing a touchdown pass running in a two point conversion in and getting the team in position in overtime so Kai Forbath could kick the game winning field goal.

You play the next week and beat the Cleveland browns in Cleveland to keep the winning streak and playoff run alive for your football team. Then Robert Griffin III comes back and leads us to the playoffs and plays well in the first quarter of the wild card playoff game.

You wonder, are you ever going to get a real chance to live out your dreams and have a true chance to start in the NFL?

Unfortunately reports are Robert Griffin III tore his ACL and LCL in the forth quarter of the wild card game. If these reports are true Robert could miss most or all of the 2013 NFL season.

This is your time to shine again! This is Kirk Cousins time to prove his doubters wrong, to prove that selecting him in the 2012 draft after the team selected Robert Griffin III made the right selection. Through unfortunate injury to his friend and teammate Robert, Kirk has been given a chance to lead the team and showcase his skills to other franchises so in the future he may have a chance to start somewhere in the NFL.

Best of luck Captain Kirk no matter what the diagnosis is in the next two days with Robert's knee, Redskins nation is 100% behind you and we wish you the best.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

K C,,,might,,,MIGHT be a good QB, He MIGHT even be a VERY good QB ---BUT.. ,, He's not RGIII and doesn't pose that threat. THis whole mess is devastating for the team and fans .. and of course Robert Griffin himself.. Crying or Very sad
Slateman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to shine. He's going to be the next Matt Schaub. We're going to get a first rounder for him
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
K C,,,might,,,MIGHT be a good QB, He MIGHT even be a VERY good QB ---BUT.. ,, He's not RGIII and doesn't pose that threat. THis whole mess is devastating for the team and fans .. and of course Robert Griffin himself.. Crying or Very sad
i heard Charlie Casserly say on the junkies this morning that currently RG3 is only an average passer in the league. I don't know if I definitely agree with they analysis, but I'd say the drop off from Rg3 to Kirk in the passing offense is not that steep. I think he'd at the least be like Ryan Tanehill with less turnovers and a better running game if he had to make multiple starts next year. I think we can win with either of our kids at qb

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
i heard Charlie Casserly say on the junkies this morning that currently RG3 is only an average passer in the league. I don't know if I definitely agree with they analysis, but I'd say the drop off from Rg3 to Kirk in the passing offense is not that steep. I think he'd at the least be like Ryan Tanehill with less turnovers and a better running game if he had to make multiple starts next year. I think we can win with either of our kids at qb

As much as I like Charlie he really has no business grading QBs with his history...
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

HUH? How many "average" passers have QB ratings of over 100? Rolling Eyes
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

ones that mostly rely on screen passes to wrs, short slants after a play action to a 1613 yd running back and one that runs as good as he throws the ball and is a threat to take it to the house as much as Pierre Garcon and Aldrick Robinson are.

I'm not taking anything away from Robert but the rushing attack with him included is what made his passing so effective this year. It cleared up the middle of the field because lbs and safeties were biting on run fakes to stop he and Alfred. Take that away and I don't think he has a 102.4 rtg qb.

MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is premature. We don't even know the extent of Griffins injury yet much less his recovery time. The only thing we can be certain of at this point is that Cousins won't be traded this offseason.
lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

ones that mostly rely on screen passes to wrs, short slants after a play action to a 1613 yd running back and one that runs as good as he throws the ball and is a threat to take it to the house as much as Pierre Garcon and Aldrick Robinson are.

I'm not taking anything away from Robert but the rushing attack with him included is what made his passing so effective this year. It cleared up the middle of the field because lbs and safeties were biting on run fakes to stop he and Alfred. Take that away and I don't think he has a 102.4 rtg qb.

Enough with this crap, the kid threads the needle every game. He has elite arm strength and accuracy and for people who have watched him every week to start saying this crap pisses me off.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Enough with this crap, the kid threads the needle every game. He has elite arm strength and accuracy and for people who have watched him every week to start saying this crap pisses me off.
im not hating on Rg3, he's my favorite player. Just saying the running attack with he an Alfred was this teams bread and butter and aided the passing attack.

Remember, we lost on Sunday because Kyle abandoned the run after the first quarter, not because of RG3's knee.

lavar703

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

im not hating on Rg3, he's my favorite player. Just saying the running attack with he an Alfred was this teams bread and butter and aided the passing attack.

Remember, we lost on Sunday because Kyle abandoned the run after the first quarter, not because of RG3's knee.

The reality is Seattle would've started loading the box and shutting down the run, it was inevitable. Cousins should've been in the game after we went up 14-3 and I have no doubt we would be playing this weekend.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

The reality is Seattle would've started loading the box and shutting down the run, it was inevitable. Cousins should've been in the game after we went up 14-3 and I have no doubt we would be playing this weekend.
Well when they did load the box, then we would have threw. They were loading the box the first two series and we managed to put up 14 points, so whether it was RG3 or cousins in the game, the goal of Kyle should have been to keep feeding Morris.

atran35

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are in a great position to develop not 1 but 2 potential franchise QBs. CONGRATs.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
This thread is premature. We don't even know the extent of Griffins injury yet much less his recovery time. The only thing we can be certain of at this point is that Cousins won't be traded this offseason.
Yeah, hopefully. Ah well, It was in my mind and if it's in my mind I'm going to write about it Cool

TKellion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You left the sick of turtles "trade Kirk and Kirk trade value" threads off of the poll Laughing Twisted Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: