Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predictions for head coach vacancies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joutman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: Predictions for head coach vacancies Reply with quote

Philadelphia-Bill O'Brien
San Diego- Bruce Arians
Cleveland- Doug Marrone
Arizona- Andy Reid
Chicago- Mike MCcoy
Buffalo- Chip Kelly- a little wishful thinking
Kansas City- Keith Armstrong

Last edited by joutman on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't think Lovie ends up anywhere?

Also, do you mean Bill O'Brien in Philly? If so, that's a real possibility, though I hope he stays at PSU.
BBF doesn't get run over by cars, cars get run over by BBF
Maxmw22

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Predictions

Philadelphia- Lovie Smith
San Diego- Chip Kelly (possible GM duties)
Cleveland- Norv Turner
Arizona- Andy Reid
Chicago- Pete Carmichael Jr.
Buffalo- Ken Whisenhunt
Kansas City- Ray Horton

Adopt-A-Bills:
BeastM0de23RB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Philadelphia- Bill O'Brien
San Diego- Ken Whisenhunt
Cleveland- Chip Kelly
Arizona- Andy Reid
Chicago- Jay Gruden
Buffalo- Lovie Smith
Kansas City- Ray Horton

“Experiences are the chemicals of life with which the philosopher experiments” - M.P.H.
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reports are that Andy Reid will be the new HC of Kansas City.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a PSU alum and follower of the situation, I really do not expect O'Brien to leave PSU..

if an NFL HC gig was his long term plan, I think he would have stayed as coordinator of NE then went for the job this season..

you dont leave (arguably) the best coordinator job in the NFL to go to a team in crisis like PSU unless you are there for the long haul..

P.S. I want Jay Gruden in the worst kind of way..

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kansas City - Andy Reid
Arizona - Ray Horton
Cleveland - Chip Kelly
Philly - Lovie Smith
San Diego - Doug Marrone
Buffalo - Ken Whisenhut
Chicago - Bill O'Brien
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well O'brien was tricked. PSU said their wasnt going to be any consequences for the school and that it was a criminal matter.

Thanks Max
TommyC376

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
as a PSU alum and follower of the situation, I really do not expect O'Brien to leave PSU..

if an NFL HC gig was his long term plan, I think he would have stayed as coordinator of NE then went for the job this season..

you dont leave (arguably) the best coordinator job in the NFL to go to a team in crisis like PSU unless you are there for the long haul..

I dont know much about Jay Gruden. Can someone explain to me why he gets so much love around here?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:36 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tk3 wrote:

I dont know much about Jay Gruden. Can someone explain to me why he gets so much love around here?

AJ Green

Thanks Max
swolfdab

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys. If it's anybody other than Chip Kelly, we need to hope and pray that it's a defensively structured guy that gets the position.

Mike McCoy... Okay, if it's not Kelly, I would be excited for McCoy too.

I heard Jim Haslett's name thrown around a bit yesterday. That would be interesting... I feel like he has paid his dues and deserves another shot as the guy.

Lovie Smith is being interviewed today. I don't want to bite my tongue here so I'll just say it... Given our track record, we probably won't pull the trigger on him.

I hope to God it's not Ken Whisenhunt. Seriously.

Ray Horton is still #1 on my list with Chip Kelly at #2, and I still think Kirby Smart would be an ideal guy to hire as well.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't be surprised if the idiots upstairs just ended up promoting Curtis Modkins.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
Guys. If it's anybody other than Chip Kelly, we need to hope and pray that it's a defensively structured guy that gets the position.

Mike McCoy? LOL!!!!!

I heard Jim Haslett's name thrown around a bit yesterday. That would be interesting... I feel like he has paid his dues and deserves another shot as the guy.

Lovie Smith is being interviewed today. I don't want to bite my tongue here so I'll just say it... Given our track record, we probably won't pull the trigger on him.

Ray Horton is still #1 on my list with Chip Kelly at #2, and I still think Kirby Smart would be an ideal guy to hire as well.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't be surprised if the idiots upstairs just ended up promoting Curtis Modkins.
You keep bringing up Kirby Smart but I havent heard his name at all involving any of the HC spots in the NFL. Honestly I think he is a few years away from even being considered an NFL HC.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
swolfdab wrote:

Mike McCoy? LOL!!!!!

You keep bringing up Kirby Smart but I havent heard his name at all involving any of the HC spots in the NFL. Honestly I think he is a few years away from even being considered an NFL HC.

He might be, but in my opinion, he is a good candidate.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swolfdab wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
swolfdab wrote:

Mike McCoy? LOL!!!!!

He might be, but in my opinion, he is a good candidate.
Seems too green for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
You don't think Lovie ends up anywhere?

Also, do you mean Bill O'Brien in Philly? If so, that's a real possibility, though I hope he stays at PSU.
Smith won't work as a HC in the league this year and shouldn't. He is half a coach. Someone might offer him a job as a DC but, if they have ANY expectations of offense, they will avoid him like the plague.

The Bills were smart not to hire him. I don't expect much from Marrone (too thin a resume) but you might get lucky with him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: