Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Would You Franchise Tag : Kennan Lewis or Mike Wallace?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Wallace vs. Lewis : Who do you choose?
Mike Wallace
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Kennan Lewis
45%
 45%  [ 11 ]
Neither - And take your chances on signing both without a tag
50%
 50%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 24

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily Keenan Lewis for me. What a difference a year makes? I was the biggest Wallace supporter all offseason but he had a down year and a lot of drops. Really disappointing because of his hold out and its a contract year, I thought he's play a lot better than he did.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Easily Keenan Lewis for me. What a difference a year makes? I was the biggest Wallace supporter all offseason but he had a down year and a lot of drops. Really disappointing because of his hold out and its a contract year, I thought he's play a lot better than he did.

But how does one year change that much?

I mean...Wallace was a top 10-12 WR and was very good up until this year. On the flip side, Keenan Lewis was laughably inconsistent and until this year wasnt even 100% worthy of being a backup long term. Suddenly, he has one great year and that makes him worth more?

IMO, Wallace is the easy choice here for two key reasons....

1) Bigger impact
2) Produced 3 years before having a down season

Keenan Lewis has had one good year, and while Im not saying it cant continue, Id be very scared to give him a high paying long term deal.

Id be worried with Wallace as well, but not as much.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd give Wallace money over Lewis purely on a production stand point. Lewis had a promising year I wouldn't exactly consider it great by any stretch. There isn't a WR in the league that's better blowing the top off of coverage then M. Wallace.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis absolutely had more than a promising year

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:

How you figure that? He made the 1st, 2nd or 3rd All-Pro team? Yes he was second in PDs, which is promising. Great would of been 4+ Ints along with those PDs.

Mike Wallace had a promising 09, with a great 10 and 11. Then a mediocre 2012.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:

How you figure that? He made the 1st, 2nd or 3rd All-Pro team? Yes he was second in PDs, which is promising. Great would of been 4+ Ints along with those PDs.

Im sorry but how exactly does PD's and INT's perfectly define a CB? What about catches allowed % and QB rating when thrown to your side? I just don't like when people base a player on two simple stats like that. Doesn't tell the whole story....carry on!
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:

Im sorry but how exactly does PD's and INT's perfectly define a CB? What about catches allowed % and QB rating when thrown to your side? I just don't like when people base a player on two simple stats like that. Doesn't tell the whole story....carry on!

I was keeping it simple, but all those factors have to be put in account also. Which would lead a player to be selected to at least 1 of the 3 All Pro teams.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:

More than promising =/= great.

Cortez Allen had a promising year, Lewis was a starter for an entire year and played at a high level with no pass rush. Didn't give up loads of TDs or even catches. Interceptions can come through luck and don't necessarily make someone great.

"The King Stay the King"
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:

Cortez Allen had a promising year, Lewis was a starter for an entire year and played at a high level with no pass rush. Didn't give up loads of TDs or even catches. Interceptions can come through luck and don't necessarily make someone great.

It doesn't make a player great, but it for sure helps the process. Its one of the reason I. Taylor isn't regarded as one of the best CBs in the league. Even though he does everything else great outside of catching the ball.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:

It doesn't make a player great, but it for sure helps the process. Its one of the reason I. Taylor isn't regarded as one of the best CBs in the league. Even though he does everything else great outside of catching the ball.

You're not getting what I'm saying. I am not calling Lewis' year great, it was more than promising it was a good reliable starter calibre year

"The King Stay the King"
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:

You're not getting what I'm saying. I am not calling Lewis' year great, it was more than promising it was a good reliable starter calibre year

We're talking in circles. I get what your saying though!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
MightyJoeYoung wrote:

We're talking in circles. I get what your saying though!

It's cool, it wouldn't have happened with a face to face. Just the way reading it means it can be mis-interpreted

"The King Stay the King"
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

But how does one year change that much?

I mean...Wallace was a top 10-12 WR and was very good up until this year. On the flip side, Keenan Lewis was laughably inconsistent and until this year wasnt even 100% worthy of being a backup long term. Suddenly, he has one great year and that makes him worth more?

IMO, Wallace is the easy choice here for two key reasons....

1) Bigger impact
2) Produced 3 years before having a down season

Keenan Lewis has had one good year, and while Im not saying it cant continue, Id be very scared to give him a high paying long term deal.

Id be worried with Wallace as well, but not as much.
wallace is fast, but his route running, hands and consistency have always been in question. Do you think they changes once Wallaxe gets paid? I doubt that. He'll still be the guy blowing off the top of the defense but dropping the ball in his hands.

I loved Wallace up until this year, but I have no patience with a wr with bad hands.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Turtle: That's what kills drives. Since, we were a more rhythm passing team, it makes the short plays easier to make but don't so many long balls. So, to get solid drives going for the offense, we need guys who won't drop the ball so much. AB used to be as sure-handed as they come; he didn't drop that many this year, but it needs to continue. We just need a sure-handed WR opposite him, who is preferably tall and fast: which are guys we never draft.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
@Turtle: That's what kills drives. Since, we were a more rhythm passing team, it makes the short plays easier to make but don't so many long balls. So, to get solid drives going for the offense, we need guys who won't drop the ball so much. AB used to be as sure-handed as they come; he didn't drop that many this year, but it needs to continue. We just need a sure-handed WR opposite him, who is preferably tall and fast: which are guys we never draft.
the steelers never draft high enough o get the Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, AJ green or Julio jones types

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: