Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DE Ray Edwards to Seattle...?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 75239
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: DE Ray Edwards to Seattle...? Reply with quote

The Seahawks worked out DE Ray Edwards on Monday, according to the Sacramento Bee. A source with knowledge of the situation says a decision as to whether Edwards will be signed is expected to come on Wednesday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/25/ray-edwards-could-sign-with-seattle-on-wednesday/
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, we're talking about it in our H.I.T thread.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Brown_Mamba


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1802
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be interesting to see how we would integrate him into our defense. We already have clemons, irvin, jones, scruggs and bryant at DE.
_________________

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
It would be interesting to see how we would integrate him into our defense. We already have clemons, irvin, jones, scruggs and bryant at DE.


Jason Jones is out for the year, so there's your answer.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Brown_Mamba


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1802
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
It would be interesting to see how we would integrate him into our defense. We already have clemons, irvin, jones, scruggs and bryant at DE.


Jason Jones is out for the year, so there's your answer.


Mind blown


_________________

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
It would be interesting to see how we would integrate him into our defense. We already have clemons, irvin, jones, scruggs and bryant at DE.


Jason Jones is out for the year, so there's your answer.


Mind blown



Laughing Laughing
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
THEFOOTBALLXPRT


Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 10466
Location: Bothell, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would make a lot of sense now with Clemens out with a likely torn ACL. Plus there may be some added incentive to perform against the team that just cut him..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TheoryofSeahawk


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 2011
Location: Kosmic Satori
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
This would make a lot of sense now with Clemens out with a likely torn ACL. Plus there may be some added incentive to perform against the team that just cut him..


Ya, if the fears of a torn ACL are confirmed then it's almost a necessity to sign him. We need someone who can offer a pass rush in the worst way, plus maybe Edwards can give a little insight into the current terminology that the Falcons are using in their playcalling to go along with what the coaches are seeing on film.
_________________
Consistent application beats complex programming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SnA ExclusiVe


Joined: 01 Jun 2011
Posts: 29856
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This move makes SO much sense in SO many ways!

Not only in the injury front, but this gives Edwards a chance at revenge against the team that released him earlier this season. I can't imagine the kind of motivation the dude will have to go out there and ball out.

So pencil me in as someone who really likes this move.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheoryofSeahawk


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 2011
Location: Kosmic Satori
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that would make this a bad move is if Edwards has gotten so out of football shape that he wouldn't be able to play enough snaps to make a difference. He hasn't played in what? 2 months? That has an effect no matter what kind of shape you stay in, but if he hasn't even stayed in shape at all, that would make a move like this close to moot.
_________________
Consistent application beats complex programming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
This would make a lot of sense now with Clemens out with a likely torn ACL. Plus there may be some added incentive to perform against the team that just cut him..


Ya, if the fears of a torn ACL are confirmed then it's almost a necessity to sign him. We need someone who can offer a pass rush in the worst way, plus maybe Edwards can give a little insight into the current terminology that the Falcons are using in their playcalling to go along with what the coaches are seeing on film.


If we need pass rush in the worst way, Ray Edwards is not the guy we want to call.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
outside_Insider


Joined: 29 Jan 2012
Posts: 1218
Location: Calgary, AB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
This would make a lot of sense now with Clemens out with a likely torn ACL. Plus there may be some added incentive to perform against the team that just cut him..


Ya, if the fears of a torn ACL are confirmed then it's almost a necessity to sign him. We need someone who can offer a pass rush in the worst way, plus maybe Edwards can give a little insight into the current terminology that the Falcons are using in their playcalling to go along with what the coaches are seeing on film.


If we need pass rush in the worst way, Ray Edwards is not the guy we want to call.


Do you have any other suggestions? I'll take a chance on a formerly unmotivated guy who is playing against a team that cut him.
_________________


"We all we got, we all we need"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sirensong


Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 1152
Location: Vancouver BC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
TheoryofSeahawk wrote:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
This would make a lot of sense now with Clemens out with a likely torn ACL. Plus there may be some added incentive to perform against the team that just cut him..


Ya, if the fears of a torn ACL are confirmed then it's almost a necessity to sign him. We need someone who can offer a pass rush in the worst way, plus maybe Edwards can give a little insight into the current terminology that the Falcons are using in their playcalling to go along with what the coaches are seeing on film.


If we need pass rush in the worst way, Ray Edwards is not the guy we want to call.


We can't rely on Bruce as our every down replacement at this point. We need someone with experience to atleast rotate thru with Bruce. He may not bring a ton of pass rush but hes an experienced formerly productive player who would be going up against the team that cut him and I like the odds of him playing well in that situation.
_________________
L.O.B.- D!CK, BOOM BOOM, ET, BB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tatupu_64


Moderator
Joined: 05 Apr 2007
Posts: 21839
Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce should be playing nearly every snap. He's done better than Red. If we bring in Edwards he's going to take more of reds snaps than Bruce's. I wouldn't be shocked if we sign Brock
_________________
<Ram
BlaqOptic wrote:
...13 Seahawks one spot over the 08 Steelers

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
immuhguy10


Joined: 22 Jan 2005
Posts: 12437
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not saying Ray Edwards is great by any means, but I can think of way worse potential options at this point in the season.
_________________

Props to Kempes on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group