Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So...Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blitz9493

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
strengths/weaknesses? I kinda expected more turnovers from them, although as a Steelers' fan, I think they had 1 interception too many

Sad

Carr was a solid starting-caliber cornerback. He was never really dominated by any receiver, but there were some games where the majority of the passes seemed to be coming to his side of the field. He was excellent during the first part of the season when he could play more bump and run. His ability to slide back to safety was also an asset due to the injuries.

Claiborne was excellent for a rookie. His man rarely came open late in routes and he always seemed to be in position to make plays on the ball. His weaknesses were his ability to defend the slant and his run support/tackling. IIRC, he missed tackles against Alfred Morris in both Redskins games that led to touchdowns. I expect these to be correctable areas, but don't think his run support will ever be considered as an asset.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blitz9493 wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
strengths/weaknesses? I kinda expected more turnovers from them, although as a Steelers' fan, I think they had 1 interception too many

Sad

Carr was a solid starting-caliber cornerback. He was never really dominated by any receiver, but there were some games where the majority of the passes seemed to be coming to his side of the field. He was excellent during the first part of the season when he could play more bump and run. His ability to slide back to safety was also an asset due to the injuries.

Claiborne was excellent for a rookie. His man rarely came open late in routes and he always seemed to be in position to make plays on the ball. His weaknesses were his ability to defend the slant and his run support/tackling. IIRC, he missed tackles against Alfred Morris in both Redskins games that led to touchdowns. I expect these to be correctable areas, but don't think his run support will ever be considered as an asset.

I would have to say Brandon Marshall pretty well dominated him.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Blitz9493 wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

Sad

I would have to say Brandon Marshall pretty well dominated him.

He did...but those two are familiar with each other. He shut down Vincent Jackson though.

^^^mack
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carr and Claiborne played very well despite the fact the rest of the defense was sort of collapsing all around them due to injuries and what not. Carr was close to shut down vs most receivers he lined up against. The only receiver who really got the best of him ever, this year, was obviously Brandon Marshall, but I think one iffy performance out of 16 games isn't anything to complain about. I wish Carr would have had a few more interceptions, but he definitely made the most out of the ones he got. Claiborne was extremely reliable for a rookie cornerback. Other than getting roasted by Devin Hester, and once or twice by Julio Jones, Claiborne held up pretty well vs his competition and didn't give up the big plays that were given up last year. As far as progress goes, I'd say hes farther along than even Patrick Peterson was last year, which is obviously encouraging. He also has a great mentor in Carr. I expect big things from this duo next year, as they both continue to improve.

^ made by CalhounLambeau
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can keep our starting linebackers healthy, I think our D is in good shape. I'd like to see Albright, Wilber, and a draft pick compete for Spencer's spot. I think we need to pick up another cb either via free agency or the draft. Round 4 and up, or a reasonable vet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: