Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Cardinals Talk!!!!!!!! The Ask Anything Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/johnny-manziel-posts-photo-instagram-college-football-world-221232788--ncaaf.html

Johnny Manziel has taken this way too far. The fame has gotten to him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13089
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can be in a casino if you're 18. He's just having too much fun right now. The A&M coaches will have a talk with him and I doubt it happens again. If it does then he has a problem.

Kid is the real deal he just needs to use better judgement...
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5229
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much better judgement did you have at 21?

They call it hindsight for a reason
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NCAA should do an investigation on Manziel because he's probably accepting illegal benefits.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DirtyDez


Joined: 15 Oct 2010
Posts: 13089
Location: the Arizona desert
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
The NCAA should do an investigation on Manziel because he's probably accepting illegal benefits.


Your Longhorn is showing.
_________________

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
The NCAA should do an investigation on Manziel because he's probably accepting illegal benefits.


Your Longhorn is showing.


I'm just trying to be fair
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DJ_Fka


Joined: 13 Jan 2009
Posts: 5229
Location: Brisvegas, Land Down Under
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldnt it be an IRS problem ?

if he won the cash and was of legal age to be there, why is it an NCAA problem?

Move to Australia, no tax on gambling wins, WINNING as charlie sheen would say!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Shouldnt it be an IRS problem ?

if he won the cash and was of legal age to be there, why is it an NCAA problem?

Move to Australia, no tax on gambling wins, WINNING as charlie sheen would say!


Have you heard of the tattoo scandal? Manziel could be accepting gifts (which is against NCAA rules). Manziel was at casino, at a 21 and over club, courtside at a Heat game, and is showing off a new rolex.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Have you heard of the tattoo scandal? Manziel could be accepting gifts (which is against NCAA rules). Manziel was at casino, at a 21 and over club, courtside at a Heat game, and is showing off a new rolex.


Personally think that rule is horsecrap. If some rich guy wants to give me a wad of cash and a rolex then let him.

Now interfering with the recruting process and paying to get someone to your school is an entirely different manner. But seriously the NCAA just needs to get over themselves.

Also, there is the fact that Manziels family is pretty damn well off.

Quote:
The Manziel family business is oil and gas, and this bears the family name. There's quite a few signs that point towards a family with plenty of disposable income.


He was at a Casino that was 18+. Nothing wrong with that at all.
He was at a 21+ club...With his Parents, nothing illegal about that.
He was Courtside for the Heat game and has a Rolex - Probably not hard to get for someone coming from a family with business interests in Oil and Gas.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bickley and MJ think something is not right with the Manziel story
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
Bickley and MJ think something is not right with the Manziel story


Do you beleive everything Bickley and MJ say? I have seen it alot around here;

But Bickley and MJ said.

First things first Bickley is a complete and utter idiot.
MJ is really good in Cardinals news and the like most of the time.

I would not take their word on anthing outside Arizona Sports.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
AZPSquared


Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Posts: 1416
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just saying that its out there and more than a few people think something is going on
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I'm just saying that its out there and more than a few people think something is going on


You see a college kid with a Rolex, in a casino flashing cash, courtside for the Heat vs Mavs game and in a 21+ club you get suspicious.

But get digging and you know the Manziel family has business interests in Oil and Gas which would explain the Rolex and the Cash and the Courtside seats. The Casino was an 18+ casino which means there was nothing wrong with Johnny being there. He was in the club...with his parents which is nothing illegal either.

Does it look good, probably not, but he has done nothing illegal or wrong here, the media need to stop villifying the kid when they don't have the full story.

Oh and you know full well they will never report the full story after they have ripped on him because it makes them look stupid, so they will just stop reporting on it.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
younggun1273


Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 7220
Location: Queen Creek
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
I'm just saying that its out there and more than a few people think something is going on


You see a college kid with a Rolex, in a casino flashing cash, courtside for the Heat vs Mavs game and in a 21+ club you get suspicious.

But get digging and you know the Manziel family has business interests in Oil and Gas which would explain the Rolex and the Cash and the Courtside seats. The Casino was an 18+ casino which means there was nothing wrong with Johnny being there. He was in the club...with his parents which is nothing illegal either.

Does it look good, probably not, but he has done nothing illegal or wrong here, the media need to stop villifying the kid when they don't have the full story.

Oh and you know full well they will never report the full story after they have ripped on him because it makes them look stupid, so they will just stop reporting on it.


Not that this is shocking or unheard of, but I think the controversy is more about him drinking at a club, when he is 20.




_________________

Justo on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50829
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

younggun1273 wrote:
Not that this is shocking or unheard of, but I think the controversy is more about him drinking at a club, when he is 20.


Which, with his parent present, there is absolutely nothing wrong with. And guess what...HIS PARENTS WERE THERE.
_________________

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 46 of 57

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group