Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PostGame: Packers (24) over Vikings (10)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramonesfan wrote:
I just can't get over my Viking friends. Same guys who have been calling for Webb to be the starter now telling me I shouldn't be happy about this win because if Ponder played it would have been different. SMH....

There's your first mistake..
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Also, anyone think Matthews rolled to the ground intentionally when Webb tripped over him?

He turned the corner on the LT and the left tackle put a hand on Clay's back and pushed him to the ground.

Is that push in the back legal?
I happen to think it is cheap when the offensive linemen get called for holding when defensive rushers fall down while trying to speed-worm around and the linemen end up tripping and falling on top of them(see half of Bulaga's holding calls).

But I think the push in the back is the sissy move of lineman who's been beat. I can't believe that it's legal.

Bump. Got paged. And I was hoping to get a rules clarification from someone who knows.

Last edited by blueswedeshoes on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pugger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Also, anyone think Matthews rolled to the ground intentionally when Webb tripped over him?

He turned the corner on the LT and the left tackle put a hand on Clay's back and pushed him to the ground.

Is that push in the back legal? I think it is cheap when the linemen get called for holding when defensive rushers fall down while trying to speed-worm around and the linemen end up tripping and falling on top of them(see half of Bulaga's holding calls).

The push in the back is the sissy move of lineman who's been beat. I can't believe that it's legal.

I was wondering the same thing...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, man.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000122530/Clay-Matthews-gets-easiest-sack-of-his-career

I really think the way he rolled was intentional. That was hilarious either way.
kgthekid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
blueswedeshoes wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Is that push in the back legal? I think it is cheap when the linemen get called for holding when defensive rushers fall down while trying to speed-worm around and the linemen end up tripping and falling on top of them(see half of Bulaga's holding calls).

The push in the back is the sissy move of lineman who's been beat. I can't believe that it's legal.

I was wondering the same thing...

NFL Rulebook wrote:

The use of hands on the back is not a foul when:

I. a player of the kicking team is warding off a player of the receiving team while going downfield under a kick,
provided that he does not block or push him from behind; or

II. a player is making a personal attempt to recover a loose ball; or

III. the opponent turns away from the blocker; or

IV. both of the blockerís hands are on the opponentís side. (If either hand is on the back, it is a foul.)

Looks like it is legal.

Fuzzy Slippers tells no lies.
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgthekid wrote:

NFL Rulebook wrote:

The use of hands on the back is not a foul when:

I. a player of the kicking team is warding off a player of the receiving team while going downfield under a kick,
provided that he does not block or push him from behind; or

II. a player is making a personal attempt to recover a loose ball; or

III. the opponent turns away from the blocker; or

IV. both of the blockerís hands are on the opponentís side. (If either hand is on the back, it is a foul.)

Looks like it is legal.

But that rule suggests the offensive lineman won't be penalized when the defensive player spins as an evasive movement, doesn't it? Clay beat the tackle and was moving away from him. Kalil clearly shoved him...

...into sacking position.
Very Happy
AtariB20

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
I don't know, man.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000122530/Clay-Matthews-gets-easiest-sack-of-his-career

I really think the way he rolled was intentional. That was hilarious either way.

I agree with you here. Very savvy move. I think the whole "What just happened" act was exactly that.. An act.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope everybody was able to see how well BJ Raji played these last 2 games vs MN. That boy can't buy a sack right now so the box score is underselling him but that guy did serious work in both the run and pass game. Lot of talk about some of our defensive players coming on strong and Raji is playing as good as anybody IMO.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtariB20 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
I don't know, man.

I agree with you here. Very savvy move. I think the whole "What just happened" act was exactly that.. An act.
Eh, I don't know. The way he fell and rolled was qute natural. I think his intention was to spring back to his feet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MVP: BJ Raji and Clay Matthews

Raji straight up ruined Fusco, Matthews was a major factor in keeping AP contained, his pass rush was obvious. Stellar game by those two.

Aaron was exactly what we needed him to be, efficient. He took everything they gave him underneath, and beat them over the top when it was there. 1 TD and no turnovers? I'll take it, especially when we were in position to run it in from close to he goal line.

Harris is really going to change our match ups on offense. You have to leave a LB in the box to keep him from leaking out after a block and picking up the free first down. The Vikings refused to do this and they got burnt pretty bad, as soon as they started leaving LBs in the box we were hitting those crossing patterns over the middle.

Excellent team defense vs AP. Let him get those 4 and 5 yarders, just do not let him hit the big gainer. Just like usual they couldnt get enough QB play to sustain drives, and the game was over by half time. Kudos to Capers on this one, very well done.
Pugger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
I really hope everybody was able to see how well BJ Raji played these last 2 games vs MN. That boy can't buy a sack right now so the box score is underselling him but that guy did serious work in both the run and pass game. Lot of talk about some of our defensive players coming on strong and Raji is playing as good as anybody IMO.

Yes, BJ has been playing very well and we're gonna need him to continue doing so this Saturday night.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Yes, BJ has been playing very well and we're gonna need him to continue doing so this Saturday night.

Big difference between Minnesota's interior, aside from Sullivan, and San Francisco's. Raji will undoubtedly be one of the key two or three players on Saturday.
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking a page out of Brent's book Wink

https://twitter.com/StribDW/status/288342006651047936/photo/1

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
Taking a page out of Brent's book Wink

https://twitter.com/StribDW/status/288342006651047936/photo/1

Exactly what that reminded me of.

I'm rewatching the game right now. Just one play in. About to watch the Vikings convert their first third-down of the game on that ridiculously frustrating read-option that Webb ran. Thankfully for GB, however, they strayed away from that concept as the game went on.

Quote:
[Webb] ran for 68 yards, including read-option keepers for 17 and 5 yards. They ran three of those plays on the efficient opening series and only three the rest of the game, even though the average gain was 10.8 yards and five went for first downs. The Packers were sealing the backside to take away the keeper, but so what? The odds were better there than having Webb hurl another bomb to nowhere. He targeted a dozen passes at least 10 yards downfield and only hit on one before the Packers called off the dogs. There's blame to go around, for sure, but coaches will have regrets about the approach here.

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Breaking_down_the_tape_from_the_Vikings_playoff_loss_to_the_Packers010713

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
GBPackers79

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Definitely agree.

They had a much better chance just pounding it at us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: