Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How Can We "Charge Up" Our Forum?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: How Can We "Charge Up" Our Forum? Reply with quote

While taking part in other mod-ly duties of mine, a thread in the Packers sub-forum was brought to my attention, and while that thread was created in that forum for different reasons I truly liked the motivation and spirit behind it.

And since we all know I have very questionable morals, particularly when it comes to stealing, I jacked that puppy and brought it here! Very Happy

- Now I know that we are not a sub-forum or even fan base on this site anywhere near the size of that of Green Bay or even Jacksonville. And if we want to talk recruitment, I'll be more than happy to start a thread on that and give out tips if you come across quality posters on other Chargers forums and want to entice them into venturing over here and talking Bolts with us. But just because we are a small group, let's try not to let that be our excuse as to why we can't have the most enjoyable experience on here possible.

- This is really kind of open-forum discussion. If you have an idea for a thread, an activity, or whatever else you think will help bolster participation on here, Boltstrikes and I want to hear it and will do everything we can to facilitate all well-received ideas to fruition. If you have a gripe with how things are being handled around here, we want to hear it. Please remember to abide by FF rules when doing this and not single out individual posters by name, but if there is an observation of things we as a group or sub-groups of us are doing that is detracting from your enjoyment on this sub-forum, it's important that I hear it.

So, now I open it up to you guys. This is a relative lull period for most of us right now - so I'd like to be able to use this opportunity to conduct our brainstorming and planning so that we're not trying to pull off stuff in the middle of the season or at the start of the season, where it's also easy to get lost in various other threads and we're trying to plan and execute on the fly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess we arent as creative as Jag fans Surprised
There has to be something we can do..

Made by El ramster
MaddHatter wrote:
Incidental contact? His blind are you?
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't really adding people to the forum, but a random thought occurred to me....

Would anyone want to do a fantasy football league this year for the Chargers section. Would probably get some good discussion going on here if nothing else....

Obviously this is a while away, but just thought i'd throw it out there

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
This isn't really adding people to the forum, but a random thought occurred to me....

Would anyone want to do a fantasy football league this year for the Chargers section. Would probably get some good discussion going on here if nothing else....

I'd be in for a FF league.

As for spicing up the forum, I'm drawing a blank here...I check the Chargers forum nearly every day and I'm sure our fellow Bolts fans do as well. Looking at the other more populated forums it seems like most of hte posts/threads are dedicated to non-football discussion. There's just not much going on in the offseason.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
Duffman57 wrote:

I'd be in for a FF league.

As for spicing up the forum, I'm drawing a blank here...I check the Chargers forum nearly every day and I'm sure our fellow Bolts fans do as well. Looking at the other more populated forums it seems like most of hte posts/threads are dedicated to non-football discussion. There's just not much going on in the offseason.

Yeah, i think the biggest thing...is get some radical idiots in our forum... Laughing

Everyone here knows what their talkin about and we all rarely disagree, so someone posts something, another person posts a response and everyone agrees so its just redundant to post the same thing over and over...lol

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a business stand point, the question is what does this website offer that other football forums don't?

We have about twenty Charger fans from people who are incredible dedicated and smart about the game to people who want to learn more and just follow more casually. We don't have a lot of 'bad apples' in the group, and the ones who pop up usually are gone within a month or 2. That's the main reason I post here.

We could start something unique to this forum to get more posts. Some stuff that would interest me to read or contribute to:

- Player analysis. Basically what is done for prospects, except with players like Ryan Mathews, Louis Vasquez, Shaun Phillips, etc. We discuss strengths and weaknesses, how the player can improve, his contract status, whatever. Maybe start with making threads for popular individual players (like Rivers and Clary were the most talked about players last year probably) and if the idea is popular start going to other players. I'd compare it to like a fanclub for a player, but with analysis of their game instead.

- Position breakdown/ coaching scheme. A lot of us watch the game and complain about Norv and Manusky, but it would be interesting to have a thread where people can ask questions about their schemes. Was Gaither making a bad block, or was he supposed to let the rusher downfield for a screen? On the 30 yard TD against us, was Cason out of position or did Bibgy cover the wrong receiver? This thread could have the more dedicated fans who watched the All-22 answer questions like that for those who don't watch it as much but want to know who is to blame on certain plays. And to explain why Norv calls the plays he does when he does. Also who in college/NFL fits the mold of the player in the scheme.

- Some 'team building' threads. The off topic is a start, but a lot of us come here to read/write about football. I think a fantasy league is a great start, I was part of some on here in the past. Basically we didn't get enough participation and the draft was the only time when people got excited. Have a thread in here to talk about the league might help. Maybe make a general NFL thread, where we can talk about other games around the league and player news from other teams.

Just a few ideas. I would be willing to start the 'fan club' threads once the season gets closer if that soudns like a decent idea to anyone else. A Rivers, Clary, and maybe Ingram one would be a good start.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonioGates wrote:
From a business stand point, the question is what does this website offer that other football forums don't?

We have about twenty Charger fans from people who are incredible dedicated and smart about the game to people who want to learn more and just follow more casually. We don't have a lot of 'bad apples' in the group, and the ones who pop up usually are gone within a month or 2. That's the main reason I post here.

We could start something unique to this forum to get more posts. Some stuff that would interest me to read or contribute to:

- Player analysis. Basically what is done for prospects, except with players like Ryan Mathews, Louis Vasquez, Shaun Phillips, etc. We discuss strengths and weaknesses, how the player can improve, his contract status, whatever. Maybe start with making threads for popular individual players (like Rivers and Clary were the most talked about players last year probably) and if the idea is popular start going to other players. I'd compare it to like a fanclub for a player, but with analysis of their game instead.

- Position breakdown/ coaching scheme. A lot of us watch the game and complain about Norv and Manusky, but it would be interesting to have a thread where people can ask questions about their schemes. Was Gaither making a bad block, or was he supposed to let the rusher downfield for a screen? On the 30 yard TD against us, was Cason out of position or did Bibgy cover the wrong receiver? This thread could have the more dedicated fans who watched the All-22 answer questions like that for those who don't watch it as much but want to know who is to blame on certain plays. And to explain why Norv calls the plays he does when he does. Also who in college/NFL fits the mold of the player in the scheme.

- Some 'team building' threads. The off topic is a start, but a lot of us come here to read/write about football. I think a fantasy league is a great start, I was part of some on here in the past. Basically we didn't get enough participation and the draft was the only time when people got excited. Have a thread in here to talk about the league might help. Maybe make a general NFL thread, where we can talk about other games around the league and player news from other teams.

Just a few ideas. I would be willing to start the 'fan club' threads once the season gets closer if that soudns like a decent idea to anyone else. A Rivers, Clary, and maybe Ingram one would be a good start.

I've been looking at a lot of Clary stuff recently since i did a positional breakdown in the CMB (i completely forgot to post it here, it'll stirr up a little discussion). So i can do a Clary thread.

MrDrew wrote:
Germanbolt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that it is hard to create a lot of excitement for American Football, while your country is playing in the EURO.

I will try to post more in the future though Smile

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i obviously have a bias, but if you look at the MINN forum and how we do things it might provide a good template for you.

several members comb the internet and newspapers for interesting stories that even a sentence or two can become the basis for a thread discussion, and even be brought back up to the top of the list later on if something new happens that pertains to the subject.

we also have threads about different player positions (offensive line, defensive backfield, etc) and keep track of developments there.

humor is always a good way to keep it loose and get other guys o add in.

what you want to grow a forum is to turn the LURKERS in to MEMBERS, so they start contributing to discussion too. keep in mind for every member we have that reads a thread or posts a post, we have about 10-20 lurkers that read it.

invite those lurkers to sign up to FF and become members and join the Charger forum! make it FUN for them to do so.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to lie, I have tried to get my Brother in Law to come here for a while. He is a Chargers fan, but I don't think we have seen him here as yet.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AlonzoHarris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose most fans that look for a forum to discuss about this team end up going to the chargers official website's message board
looking up in the Packers official site, it doesn't have a message board, while the Chargers one has a link in the home page

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all talking more with people getting fired os there's that. Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my best friends is a Chargers fan, so I can try to add into da convo here some.

I don't sleep so I may as well. Wink

He has an account on here, but he doesn't get on much since this subforum usually isn't too active. I'll bug him a bit more about it, methinks.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
One of my best friends is a Chargers fan, so I can try to add into da convo here some.

I don't sleep so I may as well. Wink

He has an account on here, but he doesn't get on much since this subforum usually isn't too active. I'll bug him a bit more about it, methinks.

I like to think we have some pretty strong posters despite not having a ton. Put in a good word, we're not that bad aside from LBC. Wink

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Barkey88

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done been bugged enough to start posing in here Razz but I do find it a little hard to get started. The main thing really is that it is hard when there isn't a lot of light discussion going on to get into. Almost everything chargers related on here is very very in depth and I don't want to say anything and then just sound like an idiot if that makes sense. But I'm willing to give it a good go around.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: