Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

VNC's Beautiful End of the Year Mock (Restructured #2)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: VNC's Beautiful End of the Year Mock (Restructured #2) Reply with quote

After a very surprising 10-6 season its time to look ahead.

I personally cant tell if Musgrave will be kept or not. Its hard to say but Ill say he stays for now even though I dont want him to.

PLAYERS KEPT/RE-SIGNED

FB-Jerome Felton- 4 yrs. Pro Bowler that has been great helping out AP. A must sign.

WR-Michael Jenkins- Takes a pay cut. A veteran with very reliable hands and would be a good keep.

WR-Percy Harvin- 5 yrs. One of the most dynamic/exciting players in the NFL and this team just cant afford to lose him. If we give him the money, he will stay. Frazier has told the media that there is no reason for him to leave. This shows me they give him his money.

TE-John Carlson- Restructured. He is being payed way too much and there is too little production but is a good backup.

RT-Phil Loadholt- 5 yrs. No need to make RT another need. Phil gets the job done and should be payed.

OG-Geoff Schwartz- 2 yrs- Personally I think he's better than Fusco and could start next year. He started a few years in Carolina.

DT- Kevin Williams- Restructured- We just dont have enough depth here to let him go and he still has some left in the tank.

MLB-Jasper Brinkley- 2 yrs. Has shown alot of improvement in coverage and is good vs the run. He will stay the starter next year but only on running downs.

LB-Marvin Mitchell- 1 yr. Good special teamer and backup.

LB-Larry Dean- 1 yr. Our special teams captain. He will be kept.

CB-AJ Jefferson- 2 yrs. I still see potential here. He's always on guys like glue but just has bad ball skills. This can be fixed.

CB/PR-Marcus Sherels- 1 yr. Good punt returner.

SS-Jamarca Sanford- 3 yrs. Showed a TON of improvement since last year and is great vs the run.

PLAYERS LET GO/CUT

RB/FB- Matt Asiata- Dont need him anymore.

WR-Jerome Simpson- Just didnt cut it. Hands are average at best. Time to move on.

WR-Devin Aromashodu- Hasnt even caught a ball in a while and just cant produce.

WR- Stephen Burton- Just never ended up doing much for us.

OG/C- Joe Berger- Getting old and dont need him anymore.

OT- Troy Kropog- No need for him.

LB-Erin Henderson- Cant cover to save his life and Brinkley has shown more promise so he is kept instead.

LB-Tyrone McKenzie- No need to keep him after resigning Dean.

S-Andrew Sendejo- Not worth keeping. Hasnt done much at all.

TRADES

Joe Webb is traded to NE for a 7th round pick - NE will find something to do with Webb. Typical NE.

Toby Gerhart and our 5th round pick is traded to San Diego for a 3rd round pick- Ryan Matthews hasnt really been what San Diego thought and they could use a solid runner to go along with him.

Charlie Johnson is traded to Arizona for a 2014 7th round pick- I think we can get trade value out of Johnson. I mean he did start all year and block for a guy that rushed for over 2000 yards. Arizona has a brutal line and anything would be an improvement. Either way...I just dont think he is a good lineman and we need to move on.

FREE AGENCY

OG- Andy Levitre-5 years
-Buffalo's guards will be a hot topic. Levitre will be an immediate starter here.

RB- La'Rod Stephens-Howling- 3 years
-Will be our new Chester Taylor. Showed some promise this year as a starter and will be a great backup.

QB- Jason Campbell- 2 years
-I would prefer Matt Moore here but we decide to snag Campbell instead as a reliable backup.

WR- Mohamed Massaquoi- 2 years
-We decide to look to the draft for big play WR's and snag Massaquoi to add some depth.

CB-William Middleton- 1 year
-A decent corner that gets a "prove yourself contract". We could always use depth here.

NFL DRAFT

Round 1
WR- Terrance Williams- Baylor
-Statistically, he was the best WR in college football this year and is a big time deep threat. Would automatically become the #1 we've been looking for.
HIGHLIGHTS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6J7iqDEsS8

Round 2
DT- Shariff Floyd- Florida
-Floyd is a monster that is a great run stuffer and gives K-Will a little help on the D-Line. He is also VERY athletic for his size and can get to the quarterback as well.

Round 3 via San Diego
LB- Gerald Hodges- Penn State
-Hodges can play both outside and inside. Since we decide to keep Brinkley, Hodges will play outside on running downs but he will stay on the field for passing downs and Brinkley will come off.

Round 3
SS- Shawn Williams- Georgia
-We could always use help in our D-backfield with the QB's we have in this division. Williams could definitely form into a starter with Sanford backing him up. We could then move Raymond to FS to backup Smith.

Round 4 via Detroit
WR- Aaron Dobson- Marshall
-Dobson is another big body (6'3) with great hands and ball skills. He could possibly come in and compete with Jenkins for a spot.

Round 4
CB- Justin Gilbert- Oklahoma State
-Gilbert could come in and compete. Like I said above, this D-backfield could always use improvement and another young corner would be nice.

Round 6
OG/C- Graham Pocic- Illinois
-Pocic would add depth at guard and would be a good backup for Sullivan.

Round 7 via New England
RB-Knile Davis- Arkansas
-Our 3rd string RB.

Round 7- traded to Arizona for AJ Jefferson

....Hope you guys like it. Let me know!!

Last edited by vikesnewcoach11 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:18 am; edited 3 times in total
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Todman got picked up by another team weeks ago, for what that's worth.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you afford Harvin, KWill and two starting FAs?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikes likely wont be able to resign all of those players, extend Harvin and sign two premier free agents (Jennings and Urbik). The Vikes probably have about $25-30 depending on certain restructures.

Not a huge fan of the draft. Jenkins would be a nice pick in the middle to replace Guion, but I dont think Woods is a particularly good fit on the outside. Nor do I think Simon would be a good fit at OLB for this defense. Shawn Williams is a player ive warmed up to, would be a good third rd pick and Bailey in the 4th would be nice. He could probably start day one at RG, where he played in college.

Bruce Taylor is another player I have my eye on as a mid to late rd developmental MLB.

I do like the idea of keeping Brinkley around, only as a two down player, which means the Vikes need a standout coverage guy at WLB and I just question the fit of Simon at that spot. I would rather grab Gerald Hodges or Sio Moore in round 3.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think Urbik resigned with Buffalo already.

Quote:
12/17/2012: Signed a five-year, $16.26 million contract. 2013: $2.05 million, 2014: $2.275 million, 2015: $2.575 million, 2016: $2.9 million, 2017: Free Agent

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5326/kraig-urbik
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some things I have changed consisted of changing Urbik (who I didnt realized re-signed) to Rinehart who should be pretty cheap and could start

I also took out Todman, restructured Kevin Williams, and added a different 7th round pick.

Rinehart, Stephens-Howling, and Middleton won cost much. Hence why I feel we could still sign Jennings and give Harvin his deal.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be all for trading Gerhart if you can get that type of value (late 3rd round pick), but I don't think he would get that much in return.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
The Vikes likely wont be able to resign all of those players, extend Harvin and sign two premier free agents (Jennings and Urbik). The Vikes probably have about $25-30 depending on certain restructures.

Not a huge fan of the draft. Jenkins would be a nice pick in the middle to replace Guion, but I dont think Woods is a particularly good fit on the outside. Nor do I think Simon would be a good fit at OLB for this defense. Shawn Williams is a player ive warmed up to, would be a good third rd pick and Bailey in the 4th would be nice. He could probably start day one at RG, where he played in college.

Bruce Taylor is another player I have my eye on as a mid to late rd developmental MLB.

I do like the idea of keeping Brinkley around, only as a two down player, which means the Vikes need a standout coverage guy at WLB and I just question the fit of Simon at that spot. I would rather grab Gerald Hodges or Sio Moore in round 3.

In regards to Woods, if we are able to keep Harvin and snag Jennings, I feel like Woods would have no problem in this offense. We have our true #1 in Jennings

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woods, Jennings and Harvin (and Wright) would all be 6 ft and under. I would like a bit of height out there ideally. I fear that Woods might be too similar to Jennings where there might not be a lot of variety between the two outside WRs.
Thanatos

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would throw a fit about getting a 6th rounder to compete with Brinkley. He's not that good and he needs to be out when they are in nickel. I don't even like him as a 1st and 2nd down backer. He's a big reason (along with Erin) why our 3rd down conversion rate against is so high. He isn't fit to be a starting middle linebacker in this league. He comes up occasionally with a big play but mostly he's making mistakes out there.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Simon is a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE, not a 4-3 weak side backer. Not saying I wouldn't like him on the team, but he would not be a good Will backer in our system.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
John Simon is a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE, not a 4-3 weak side backer. Not saying I wouldn't like him on the team, but he would not be a good Will backer in our system.

I see Simon as a player that could be considered for that DE/DT pass rusher position. If Griffen is extended long term to be a starter and Robison walks in 2014, the Vikes could use that kind of player who can rotate in and out of at DT in passing situations.
D-Hemi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i could see 49ers having interest in Gerhart
vikesnewcoach11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-worked my mock again. I feel a little more comfortable with this one. Check it out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see Dobson lasting to the 4th round, but he's a guy I would like to bring in. I like Floyd and Williams as well.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: