Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fernando Velasco Fan Club - One Lineman, One Legend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KingTitan


Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 10262
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are going to have to do something.....If that means signing someone off the street.

They can't go through the season with no run support for Locker. We aren't going to win that way. We barely won last year with no run support for Hasselbeck.

It's a wonder we won at all last year. No Britt. Medicore run support, mediocore defense...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 25174
Location: Props to El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando may have taken some time, but he has clearly shown that he is a better center than Eugene at this point. If we can one day add at least one solid guard, he will only get better.
_________________

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
titansNvolsR#1


Joined: 26 Nov 2005
Posts: 11858
Location: Kuwait City
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Fernando may have taken some time, but he has clearly shown that he is a better center than Eugene at this point. If we can one day add at least one solid guard, he will only get better.


Hell, by the time that happens, it will be time to add two solid tackles. Stewart and Roos aren't spring chickens anymore.
_________________
My Student wrote:
Give your girlfriend my number, Mr. Garrett. I may be 12, but she deserves a real man. Not someone that gives homework in Math and Science the same night.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 25174
Location: Props to El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Fernando may have taken some time, but he has clearly shown that he is a better center than Eugene at this point. If we can one day add at least one solid guard, he will only get better.


Hell, by the time that happens, it will be time to add two solid tackles. Stewart and Roos aren't spring chickens anymore.
I was real impressed by Otto on Sunday actually. Considering he went up against Freeney most of the game, he really held his own. Was expecting much worse to be honest.
_________________

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 2890
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Fernando may have taken some time, but he has clearly shown that he is a better center than Eugene at this point. If we can one day add at least one solid guard, he will only get better.


Hell, by the time that happens, it will be time to add two solid tackles. Stewart and Roos aren't spring chickens anymore.


They're only 30. Linemen play well in to their mid to late 30s. We're fine with Roos and Stewart for the next 6 or 7 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 25174
Location: Props to El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://footballoutsiders.com/under-pressure/2013/under-pressure-no-openings

Quote:
On the other end of the spectrum, there were 12 linemen with 500 or more snaps played who did not give up a sack (by my count) during the season. With the exception of Giants tackle Sean Locklear, the rest of the group was all centers and guards.

No. 6 on that list of 12? You guessed it.
_________________

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23275
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies and gentleman, we have found our center. Resign this man to a 4 or 5 year deal.
_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MdTitansFan56


Joined: 31 Jul 2011
Posts: 1078
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Ladies and gentleman, we have found our center. Resign this man to a 4 or 5 year deal.


In reality we let him walk start Eugene Amano
_________________

1. Alex Morgan 2.San Antonio Spurs 3. Chicago White Sox 4. Ohio State 5. Buckeyes 6. Philadelphia Flyers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2828
Location: My house
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Fernando may have taken some time, but he has clearly shown that he is a better center than Eugene at this point. If we can one day add at least one solid guard, he will only get better.


Hell, by the time that happens, it will be time to add two solid tackles. Stewart and Roos aren't spring chickens anymore.


They're only 30. Linemen play well in to their mid to late 30s. We're fine with Roos and Stewart for the next 6 or 7 years.


Neither one of them played great last season. Why would we want to keep playing them as they degrade for 6-7 more years? I saw Roos get burned by the speed rush wayyyyy more than he ever has been before. Maybe not this offseason, but the next, we need to start drafting young tackles early.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 2890
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Fernando may have taken some time, but he has clearly shown that he is a better center than Eugene at this point. If we can one day add at least one solid guard, he will only get better.


Hell, by the time that happens, it will be time to add two solid tackles. Stewart and Roos aren't spring chickens anymore.


They're only 30. Linemen play well in to their mid to late 30s. We're fine with Roos and Stewart for the next 6 or 7 years.


Neither one of them played great last season. Why would we want to keep playing them as they degrade for 6-7 more years? I saw Roos get burned by the speed rush wayyyyy more than he ever has been before. Maybe not this offseason, but the next, we need to start drafting young tackles early.


I disagree. The first couple weeks they were terrible, but so was the entire o-line. They improved as the year went on and eventually got back up to their usual pro-bowl level of play. Roos especially. The 2nd half of the season, Roos looked like an all-pro. Hopefully Stewart can recover back to 100%.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2828
Location: My house
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Fernando may have taken some time, but he has clearly shown that he is a better center than Eugene at this point. If we can one day add at least one solid guard, he will only get better.


Hell, by the time that happens, it will be time to add two solid tackles. Stewart and Roos aren't spring chickens anymore.


They're only 30. Linemen play well in to their mid to late 30s. We're fine with Roos and Stewart for the next 6 or 7 years.


Neither one of them played great last season. Why would we want to keep playing them as they degrade for 6-7 more years? I saw Roos get burned by the speed rush wayyyyy more than he ever has been before. Maybe not this offseason, but the next, we need to start drafting young tackles early.


I disagree. The first couple weeks they were terrible, but so was the entire o-line. They improved as the year went on and eventually got back up to their usual pro-bowl level of play. Roos especially. The 2nd half of the season, Roos looked like an all-pro. Hopefully Stewart can recover back to 100%.


Agree to disagree. Of course, in this situation, I would much rather you be correct than myself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanLegend


Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 2890
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
TitanSS wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
Fernando may have taken some time, but he has clearly shown that he is a better center than Eugene at this point. If we can one day add at least one solid guard, he will only get better.


Hell, by the time that happens, it will be time to add two solid tackles. Stewart and Roos aren't spring chickens anymore.


They're only 30. Linemen play well in to their mid to late 30s. We're fine with Roos and Stewart for the next 6 or 7 years.


Neither one of them played great last season. Why would we want to keep playing them as they degrade for 6-7 more years? I saw Roos get burned by the speed rush wayyyyy more than he ever has been before. Maybe not this offseason, but the next, we need to start drafting young tackles early.


I disagree. The first couple weeks they were terrible, but so was the entire o-line. They improved as the year went on and eventually got back up to their usual pro-bowl level of play. Roos especially. The 2nd half of the season, Roos looked like an all-pro. Hopefully Stewart can recover back to 100%.


Agree to disagree. Of course, in this situation, I would much rather you be correct than myself.


I suppose it could be that the rest of the o-line after all the injuries looked so bad that Roos looked like he was an all-pro. Laughing

PFF apparently has Michael Roos as the 3rd best tackle in the NFL this year...but their grading system has never been very accurate, so I'm not sure if that should be trusted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans0021


Moderator
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 25174
Location: Props to El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentleman,

It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce the release of Fernando Velasco. While he may no longer be a Titan, this fan club will remain open for all of us to pay our respects to the best Titans center of the last four years.

Why he was released, no one knows. We gave a far, far inferior center years to drag the team down, yet we replace a quality starter simply out of foolishness.

Let us sit back and enjoy what Fernando inevitably ends up doing in another city, though hopefully one in the NFC.

Goodnight, sweet prince.


_________________

Adopted Titans - Sammie Lee Hill and Jackie Battle
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 37115
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
titans0021 wrote:
VYoung10 wrote:
Sig bet time...
I sig bet anyone on this forum, that if Amano starts game 1 this year, he WILL make the pro bowl, or at least be selected for it if its not played.
I would make this bet, but as the founder of the Fernando Velasco Fan Club, I refuse to acknowledge the possibility that Amano starts game 1.

Well this is clearly my favorite post of this thread.

What we have learned is that, if you truly hate a player, you need to form a fan club supporting his competition. And everything will work itself out from there. In even simpler terms:

1. Form Fernando Velasco Fan Club
2. Eugene Amano Gets Hurt
3. ?????
4. Profit


No, more like you make sure Ruskie picks up a player who will be lost for the season.

Eugene Amano this year.

Kenny Britt last year.

Pretty sure someone else the previous year.


Oh god. Oh god why. Why did I do this?!?!?

I had completely forgotten about this...

Please god no. Although... if there is one person to break my curse, it's Michael Griffin.
_________________

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cadmus


Joined: 22 Apr 2013
Posts: 225
Location: Green Bay
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
Gentleman,

It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce the release of Fernando Velasco. While he may no longer be a Titan, this fan club will remain open for all of us to pay our respects to the best Titans center of the last four years.

Why he was released, no one knows. We gave a far, far inferior center years to drag the team down, yet we replace a quality starter simply out of foolishness.

Let us sit back and enjoy what Fernando inevitably ends up doing in another city, though hopefully one in the NFC.

Goodnight, sweet prince.



Applause Glad I found this thread for a few good laughs. You have made me a believer in dominance that is Velasco. As an absolute world beater I hope he considers bringing his immeasurable talent to GB.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group