Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Luke Joeckel with our 1st Pick to solidify the line
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Pozzi wrote:
Eric Fisher will be at the Senior Bowl. Dancing

Can't wait to see how he does in the 1-on-1 drills. His pass protection/technique look outstanding.

I really like Joeckel, Lewan, and Fisher. This years left tackle class is one of the best in recent memory. I'm just kind of bummed that one of them will most likely end up in San Diego.

Maybe we might end up with the best one. Wink

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:

I'd be really happy if we landed Joeckel at number three. I know a lot of people on the forum don't like the idea but we could do much worse at number three than landing the best prospect in the class, even if he doesn't fit a specific need. Plus Joeckel and Veldheer would give us two franchise tackles for the next decade or so.

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
RaidersAreOne wrote:

I'd be really happy if we landed Joeckel at number three. I know a lot of people on the forum don't like the idea but we could do much worse at number three than landing the best prospect in the class, even if he doesn't fit a specific need. Plus Joeckel and Veldheer would give us two franchise tackles for the next decade or so.

Any of the three in my sig and I would be happy. With such a bad roster like ours, we cant afford to not go BPA with our picks. And if Joeckel is still on the board when we pick, he very well could be the pick.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Joeckel is on the board when we pick because there is going to a hand full of team looking to trade up to draft him.
G

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawsonleery wrote:
I hope Joeckel is on the board when we pick because there is going to a hand full of team looking to trade up to draft him.

Teams who could pick him are KC, Oakland, Philly or trade down. Behind us Philly, Airzona and San Diego all need LT's further down St. Louis (16/22 and 2nd 48 equal 2200 value points which is #3. Doubt they do that but if we took Joeckel Arizona takes Lewan and SD takes Fisher. If Matthews doesn't declare then the Rams and Bears will be fighting over what's left...When we get to the Rams pick, I'd be willing to trade then if we got the 2200 value. I'd take less if it means more picks later...
It's a bad year to have the #1 but the #3 might be within a lot of teams reach and I'd be willing to trade in the division (SD) and take less value from non division teams...
If the Draft goes QB Smith to KC and OLB Jones to JAX, then 3 and 4 have great potiential to trade down with Star and Joeckel there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: