Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REDandPEWTERs's updated 1.1 version: Mock Offseason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: REDandPEWTERs's updated 1.1 version: Mock Offseason. Reply with quote

Normally, I don't do 2 mock off-season predictions in 2 weeks, but I did a pre-mature off-season with us slated for the top 10. We are picking 13th.

Tampa Bay Bucs Current Free Agents:
- S Ronde Barber UFA
- RB LeGarrette Blount RFA
- TE Dallas Clark UFA
- G Roger Allen RFA
- DE Michael Bennett UFA
- CB E.J. Biggers UFA
- LB Jacob Cutrera UFA
- LS Andrew Economos UFA
- CB Danny Gorrer UFA
- G/T Derek Hardman UFA
- DT Corvey Irvin UFA
- DT Roy Miller UFA
- WR Roscoe Parrish UFA
- LB Nathan Triplett UFA
- C Cody Wallace UFA
- RB Danny Ware UFA

Re-Sign:-
DE Michael Bennett
DT Roy Miller:
G Roger Allen: RFA Tender
RB Danny Ware
LS Andrew Economos
LB Jacob Cutrera

Retire:-

S Ronde Barber

Coaching Changes:

Cap Casualties/Cuts:
CB Eric Wright: Worst Signing ever. Enough said. Glad his stupidity relieves us of any cap hit.

P Michael Koenen:
No punter in the NFL is worth 3.25 mil a year. Hasnít really been impressive either.

LB Quincy Black: Hard to do this with his injury, but I canít see us paying him 6 million next year.

CB Myron Lewis: Bust.

WR Arrellious Benn: Bust

Off-Season Signings:

CB Mike Jenkins: 5 yrs . : Jenkins returns back to Tampa and regains his starting gig. Physical CB who can tackle and bump and run. Something Schiano will love.

CB Cary Williams
: Already turned down a 5 year 15 million offer from the Ravens. I think we can get him for 5 years about 5-6 mil per year. He's really flashed in Baltimore, but they have too much money tied up in other players that they let him go, and still have Webb and Smith.

TE Martellus Bennett: Re-uniting the Bennett brothers together and also filling a top need.

T Doug Free: I think Dallas cuts him loose with his big contract. His play has dipped a bit, but he's someone that could definately come in and start alongside Joseph.

Draft:

1st Round: Enzekial Ansuh DE BYU

- Ansuh is going to be a stud. Only playing the position for 3 years, he really seems to have caught on pretty quick. Can you imagine what an NFL coaching staff can do with his talents? I compare him to JPP. Very strong, quick, and athletic who may not have had a high production, but consistently lived in opponents backfields. He consistently harrasses QBs and has lined up at DE,DT and OLB. This guy is going to be a stud and instantly improves our pass rush.

2nd Round: Kasheeme Greene OLB/MLB Rutgers

- Another instinctive LB that is brought in for Schiano to mold. Greene is highly athletic, big, strong, and fast. Converted safety and has shown great coverage ability to play in nickel situations with our other stud, Lavonte David. Foster has been good, but faded a bit towards the end of the year and struggled mightily in coverage. I think Greene has great versatility to play Inside and Outside. Him and David could really wreak havoc.

3rd Round: DJ Swearinger FS South Carolina

Yep. 3rd straight defensive pick. Him and Barron will be a physcial tag team duo back there for years to come. Love this kid. Well coached as well.

4th Round: Landry Jones QB Oklahoma

- Something needs to be done. Jones is definately an upgrade over Orlovsky and he's got very good tools, strong arm, and accuracy. Reminds me a bit of Matt Schaub coming out. Could spark Freeman. At worst, he's a quality back up we get.

4th Round: Josh Boyd DT Mississippi State

- Add depth to our dline. Boyd has some upside and solid pass rushing moves. I like this selection here.

5th Round: BW Webb CB William and Mary

- Small school CB prospect who's physical and got good ball skills. Kinda reminds me a bit of Assante Samuel, unknown guy. Nice developmental guy to come in and compete.

6th Round: Corey Fuller WR Virginia Tech

- Solid addition that is tough and can make catches over the middle. Fuller could compete with Underwood immediately.

7th Round: Mike Zordich RB PSU

- Big physcial back who can take some goal line and short yardage situations. Really like his versatilty and the way he converted from FB to RB.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the FA over the draft
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lack of bringing a cb in from the draft sticks out. It's a very deep draft class and EXPECT one in first 2 rounds

Next there is no improvement to the Slot position. Sorry a 6th rounder can't be the guy IMO

I love Green as much as the next person but don't know about the value there of a non pass rushing 2 down lb. Lets say he even takes over for Foster on nickel situations. Doesn't pop to me

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucstopshere wrote:
The lack of bringing a cb in from the draft sticks out. It's a very deep draft class and EXPECT one in first 2 rounds

Next there is no improvement to the Slot position. Sorry a 6th rounder can't be the guy IMO

I love Green as much as the next person but don't know about the value there of a non pass rushing 2 down lb. Lets say he even takes over for Foster on nickel situations. Doesn't pop to me

The thing is, we get 2 younger vets in FA at CB position and a small school prospect with upside to develop. You're telling me you wouldn't feel comfortable with 2 vets such as Mike Jenkins and Cary Williams starting at CB with more depth/talent along the front 7?

If you were to put Darrell Revis and Nmadi Asomugah on this buc squad, we would still be bottom 5 in the league against the pass. Why? We were bottom 5 in sacks.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I understand. The slot WR position isn't addressed. I just felt Greene was too good of a talent to pass up. BPA
AlwaysClutch15

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty meh tbh. Penn is much better than Free, and Dotson is a decent RT. I also don't see us drafting a DE when we already have 3 of starting caliber. Also, what about Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie? He's way better than Jenkins and Williams?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlwaysClutch15 wrote:
Pretty meh tbh. Penn is much better than Free, and Dotson is a decent RT. I also don't see us drafting a DE when we already have 3 of starting caliber. Also, what about Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie? He's way better than Jenkins and Williams?

Doug free would not replace penn. he'd add competition to Dotson who played well but had his share of inconsistencies Che can be a solid starter but free will be available.

DRC might be the most overhyped and overrated CB. Freeman basically made him look like a guy buc fans want. From ring from pa and seeig quite a few eagles games guy is soft. Eagles fans said he'll get overpaid on the market and won't be worth it. Not physical at all but looks the part.

You say we have 3 starting caliber DE yet were bottom 5 in sacks as pressures. I think an upgrade needs to e made. Your secondary is only as good as you're front. Look at San fransisco. I look at their secondary as solid but their front 7 makes them look great.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: