Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What Do All 12 Playoff Teams Have In Common?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SuperFlyTNT


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 422
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what - even if none of these metrics involve the QB, as evidenced by the Vikings right now you need to have at least decent QB play if you want to do anything once you get to the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shawn


Joined: 02 Nov 2005
Posts: 5864
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZCardinalsFan wrote:
They were all in the top 10 in QB pressures?


how would 12 teams all be in the top 10? LOL

let me give this some thought and try and think of a good answer...this seems like fun, we should do this more often.
_________________

sig made by mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52978
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperFlyTNT wrote:
You know what - even if none of these metrics involve the QB, as evidenced by the Vikings right now you need to have at least decent QB play if you want to do anything once you get to the playoffs.


Yes and no. Matt Schaub didn't play all that well yesterday, they got a W.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shawn


Joined: 02 Nov 2005
Posts: 5864
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one more hint is needed champ.
_________________

sig made by mike23md
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52978
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Special teams....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SuperFlyTNT


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 422
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
SuperFlyTNT wrote:
You know what - even if none of these metrics involve the QB, as evidenced by the Vikings right now you need to have at least decent QB play if you want to do anything once you get to the playoffs.


Yes and no. Matt Schaub didn't play all that well yesterday, they got a W.


Ah yes - that scenario where the other team's offense is equally inept with even worse QB play definitely equalizes things Smile . The Vikings unfortunately did not have that luxury.

That said - Joe Webb in that Vikings game wasn't just lousy, he was reminiscent of our QB situation late this year thrust into a playoff level contest. Just completely over-matched - provided no threat of a passing game and made them a one dimensional offense. That said I'm liking the Packers defense now - would be great to see the Seahawks have to go on the road to Lambeau in a rematch of the blown call game.

As far as the stat on special teams - is it starting field position related?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50168
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10 of the 12 playoff teams had a scoring defense in the top 16 of the league, 7 of the top 10 scoring defenses are in the playoffs.

The two not in the top half were Indianapolis and Washington. Both played 4th place schedules and had weakish divisions.

I maintain the quickest way to the playoffs is a top 10 scoring defense and an upper echelon QB.

Teams with a top 10 socring D and upper echelon QB;

New England, Atlanta, Denver. Three of the four teams that earned a week one BYE.
_________________
FFMD 2014 - ARIZONA CARDINALS GM - CLICK ME - YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
SuperFlyTNT


Joined: 07 Feb 2011
Posts: 422
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
10 of the 12 playoff teams had a scoring defense in the top 16 of the league, 7 of the top 10 scoring defenses are in the playoffs.

The two not in the top half were Indianapolis and Washington. Both played 4th place schedules and had weakish divisions.

I maintain the quickest way to the playoffs is a top 10 scoring defense and an upper echelon QB.

Teams with a top 10 socring D and upper echelon QB;

New England, Atlanta, Denver. Three of the four teams that earned a week one BYE.


Yeah - I completely agree.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group