Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I just wanna say... (Regarding our Coaching Decision)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Selkiesxx

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: I just wanna say... (Regarding our Coaching Decision) Reply with quote

Until we see what a full year of whoever is brought in, we won't know if Lovie being let go was a good decision or not.

I'm still feeling mixed about it because there's points to both sides. On one side, you always heard great things from players about him (but players loved Wade Phillips as a head coach, too), always had a number of high character players (minus Benson and Tank Johnson) and we were almost always competitive no matter what the general opinion of our talent on our roster was (which was average to downright dreadful). You really couldn't count us out - that is, unless we trailed at by two scores. Plus, guys really bought into Lovie's system - the defense has great at taking the ball away, historically even but lets not forget the times when it has failed us as well.

There's so much that goes both ways but it would almost be too conservative of a move to hold onto Lovie at this point because this was a team that very well could have made a run, a few times - at least, generally speaking of the positions they've found themselves in but time and time-out our teams never got better as the season went along. Who's to blame? The players... well, we have a top defense and our three key-pieces on offense (anyone who thinks Cutler, Forte and Marshall aren't strong-suits to this team should open their eyes). Bottom line, we should be winning. Far too many times I've held out hope that we come out of halftime in a lot of games and look better when we're getting beat in areas of the game and it doesn't happen.

At this point, it's probably time to move on but I can't help but feel that a lot of Bears fans will be split because you'll see Lovie turn a team like the Browns or the Bills into an overachieving squad of 10-6 or 11-5 and folks will buy into the media's nonsensical drama about the Bears making the wrong decision. Heck, you can already see the media trying to make a story out of it with the Devin Huster whinings...err, rumblings - rather. The same guys who are making a story about how Tim Tebow would fix the New York Jets problems will likely target us as idiots for letting Lovie go; all I ask is don't buy into it so quickly.

Lets see for ourselves.

So, in short... Please, just remain patient. I think Phil Emery knows what he's doing and it seems he has a plan. I remember a similar man named Stan Bowman came in for the Chicago Blackhawks, lets hope a similar trend continues (pointless analogy, I know but you honestly never know).

Lets give this a shot. For two years we've heard that we're ALMOST Super Bowl contenders - maybe the stars align and we finally find the coach that gets the most out of this team but for now, we wait.

It's going to be a long and interesting off-season.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. Let's wait and see.
VeniceBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree. Time will tell how this will play out, but we're all hoping we can win a superbowl sooner rather than later while we have some good pieces in place (cutler, marshall, forte, etc.)

Sacks: 4
Tackles: 30.0
INTS: 0
FF: 0
FR: 1
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: I just wanna say... (Regarding our Coaching Decision) Reply with quote

Selkiesxx wrote:
..... You really couldn't count us out - that is, unless we trailed at by two scores. Not really. You could count us out if we were behind at the half or playing a good team.
There's so much that goes both ways but it would almost be too conservative of a move to hold onto Lovie at this point because this was a team that very well could have made a run, a few times - at least, generally speaking of the positions they've found themselves in but time and time-out our teams never got better as the season went along. Who's to blame? The players... well, we have a top defense and our three key-pieces on offense (anyone who thinks Cutler, Forte and Marshall aren't strong-suits to this team should open their eyes). Bottom line, we should be winning. Far too many times I've held out hope that we come out of halftime in a lot of games and look better when we're getting beat in areas of the game and it doesn't happen. We had FIVE pro bowlers and are sitting at home watching better coached teams go forward?

At this point, it's probably time to move on but I can't help but feel that a lot of Bears fans will be split because you'll see Lovie turn a team like the Browns or the Bills into an overachieving squad of 10-6 or 11-5 and folks will buy into the media's nonsensical drama about the Bears making the wrong decision. Actually the media is not criticizing this decision at all and had been calling for it for weeks. And you do not have to worry about Smith turning some terrible team into a winner. It ain't going to happen. But his failure will just be blamed on everyone else. Heck, you can already see the media trying to make a story out of it with the Devin Huster whinings...err, rumblings - rather. The same guys who are making a story about how Tim Tebow would fix the New York Jets problems will likely target us as idiots for letting Lovie go; all I ask is don't buy into it so quickly.

Lets see for ourselves.

So, in short... Please, just remain patient. I think Phil Emery knows what he's doing and it seems he has a plan. I remember a similar man named Stan Bowman came in for the Chicago Blackhawks, lets hope a similar trend continues (pointless analogy, I know but you honestly never know).

Lets give this a shot. For two years we've heard that we're ALMOST Super Bowl contenders - maybe the stars align and we finally find the coach that gets the most out of this team but for now, we wait.

I will bet anyone that our next coach wins more games than Smith (IF he gets another job which I doubt) next year.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: I just wanna say... (Regarding our Coaching Decision) Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:
..... You really couldn't count us out - that is, unless we trailed at by two scores. Not really. You could count us out if we were behind at the half or playing a good team.
There's so much that goes both ways but it would almost be too conservative of a move to hold onto Lovie at this point because this was a team that very well could have made a run, a few times - at least, generally speaking of the positions they've found themselves in but time and time-out our teams never got better as the season went along. Who's to blame? The players... well, we have a top defense and our three key-pieces on offense (anyone who thinks Cutler, Forte and Marshall aren't strong-suits to this team should open their eyes). Bottom line, we should be winning. Far too many times I've held out hope that we come out of halftime in a lot of games and look better when we're getting beat in areas of the game and it doesn't happen. We had FIVE pro bowlers and are sitting at home watching better coached teams go forward?

At this point, it's probably time to move on but I can't help but feel that a lot of Bears fans will be split because you'll see Lovie turn a team like the Browns or the Bills into an overachieving squad of 10-6 or 11-5 and folks will buy into the media's nonsensical drama about the Bears making the wrong decision. Actually the media is not criticizing this decision at all and had been calling for it for weeks. And you do not have to worry about Smith turning some terrible team into a winner. It ain't going to happen. But his failure will just be blamed on everyone else. Heck, you can already see the media trying to make a story out of it with the Devin Huster whinings...err, rumblings - rather. The same guys who are making a story about how Tim Tebow would fix the New York Jets problems will likely target us as idiots for letting Lovie go; all I ask is don't buy into it so quickly.

Lets see for ourselves.

I will bet anyone that our next coach wins more games than Smith (IF he gets another job which I doubt) next year.
This is why you have no football knowledge. before the body was even cold 4 of the 6 other openings contacted Smith. He's basically getting to pick his own spot.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: I just wanna say... (Regarding our Coaching Decision) Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:

Lets see for ourselves.

This is why you have no football knowledge. before the body was even cold 4 of the 6 other openings contacted Smith. He's basically getting to pick his own spot.
LoL, hasn't happened yet and won't, damn it.
Sr7252

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovie definitely will get a job lol.
blkwdw13

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: I just wanna say... (Regarding our Coaching Decision) Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Selkiesxx wrote:

Lets see for ourselves.

Well he isn't going to the Chiefs, Bills and at least one of the Browns/Eagles; so he really isn't picking his own spot.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sr7252 wrote:

Well he didn't impress Buffalo enough... They just came to an agreement with Doug Marrone. San Diego is the only other team that's shown any interest, although I would bet Bruce Arians becomes their next HC. If Mack Brown and Texas had lost their bowl game, Lovie to UT was innevitable IMO. Not sure he gets an opportunity at all this season.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

Well he didn't impress Buffalo enough... They just came to an agreement with Doug Marrone. San Diego is the only other team that's shown any interest, although I would bet Bruce Arians becomes their next HC. If Mack Brown and Texas had lost their bowl game, Lovie to UT was innevitable IMO. Not sure he gets an opportunity at all this season.
Marrone is a good hire, also could be that Lovie turned them down, we don't really know.

GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

Marrone is a good hire, also could be that Lovie turned them down, we don't really know.

Yes Im sure it had to be Lovie turning them down Rolling Eyes. Not that they thought there was somebody better. Couldnt be that....

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
topwop1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

Doubt that. Lovie is probably desperate to get a head coaching job ASAP because the longer he goes without a job the worse his chances will be of finding another head coaching position down the road. I don't mean any disrespect but it could be that teams are just giving Lovie a look because of the Rooney rule.

One thing I do know though is that your man crush on Lovie is quite astonishing.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

Doubt that. Lovie is probably desperate to get a head coaching job ASAP because the longer he goes without a job the worse his chances will be of finding another head coaching position down the road. I don't mean any disrespect but it could be that teams are just giving Lovie a look because of the Rooney rule.

One thing I do know though is that your man crush on Lovie is quite astonishing.
Its been reported that the job Lovie really wants is the AZ job, he hasn't left AZ since he got there Thurs. MCW also reported that there are at least 3 teams w/ a very strong interest in Lovie, we know about the Bills, we know about the Chargers. If AZ is that 3rd team (their coaching search has been really, really quiet since Thurs) that would definitely explain why Lovie turned down the Bills job if it was offered to him. He also said that Lovie is keeping everything close to the vest w/ 0 leaks until there is a deal in place.

AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

Its been reported that the job Lovie really wants is the AZ job, he hasn't left AZ since he got there Thurs. MCW also reported that there are at least 3 teams w/ a very strong interest in Lovie, we know about the Bills, we know about the Chargers. If AZ is that 3rd team (their coaching search has been really, really quiet since Thurs) that would definitely explain why Lovie turned down the Bills job if it was offered to him. He also said that Lovie is keeping everything close to the vest w/ 0 leaks until there is a deal in place.

Any chance he wants to come back to Chicago as our new DC?? Wink

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
topwop1 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:
Sr7252 wrote:

1. Where have you heard this about the AZ job? I have literally heard nothing from anyone about this.

2. MCW reported that when he got fired. Only one team has interviewed him so far and they passed on him.

3. The Cards just interviewed Mike McCoy and are awaiting word for Todd Haley. They are about to interview Jay Gruden. Plus they have a GM search to go through which is more important right now. If the Cards do indeed go defense they should just go in house and hire Horton. But the signs are clear which type of coaches they prefer.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: