Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: 1st crack at a 2013 Mock Offseason Reply with quote

Dro wrote:
Dline depth sir.
you have depth with Seymour added. Generally 3-4 teams keep 6 DL at the most 7 and them 8 or 9 LBs. if we sign Seymour, Golston is not needed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked seeing The Ohio State buckeye Doig Worthington in the game tonight splitting time with Jarvis Jenkins at LDE.

It Could be time that this organization finally loves on from Kedric Golston. If hate to see it happen but Worthington is 4 years younger than Golston and his best days are in front of him. Golstons best days are behind him as he will be 30 next year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta edit this mock offseason. DHall lost me again yesterday. We need $ for Lewis and Goldson. Bye Hall. It's been real
Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Bacarri Rambo in the 2nd? Rangy safety sounds like what we need. We take a gamble on off the field stuff.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
What about Bacarri Rambo in the 2nd? Rangy safety sounds like what we need. We take a gamble on off the field stuff.
covered it with Dashon Goldson and then a 3rd round FS prospect in DJ Swearinger
Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
covered it with Dashon Goldson and then a 3rd round FS prospect in DJ Swearinger

Rambo is better. And, frankly, I think free safety is a pretty high need right now.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Rambo is better. And, frankly, I think free safety is a pretty high need right now.
dude. Dashon Goldson is one of the best safeties in the NFL currently. Rambo won't last to our selection in round 3, so I take the guy who will likely go 2 selections after him. Swearinger
tyler735

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

dude. Dashon Goldson is one of the best safeties in the NFL currently. Rambo won't last to our selection in round 3, so I take the guy who will likely go 2 selections after him. Swearinger

At this point the safety is a huge unknown as far as rankings. Depending who you ask their top 5/top 10 is going to be way different. The one thing that is pretty safe to assume is that a good safety prospect should be available in the 3rd for us to pick considering how full of talent this year is at safety.

That said Rambo or Swearinger in the 3rd would be a great pick. Either way we have upgraded from what we have on the roster.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe his last name is Nix...
The big NT for Notre Dame?
I think he wears #9.

Does anyone know much about him?
I've only seen ND three times this year, but he was probably the only bright spot (outside of Davaris Daniels) in the National Championship game.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mock drafts are fun--talking about the college guys etc but hard for me to get excited until after Free Agency and we hopefully fill a coupla needs then see what needs remain.. Clears up the draft picture a bit--settles some of the mud ..
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
I think he wears #9.

I've only seen ND three times this year, but he was probably the only bright spot (outside of Davaris Daniels) in the National Championship game.
he's a junior so he may consider coming out, all year I thought he was aSophomore Confused Embarassed Laughing

I watch a lot of college football and I know he was the teams most impressive DL who was mainly responsible for keeping Te'o clean from blockers. He did an amazing job all year and as you said in the championship game. Notre Dame is one of the country's best run D's, they only allowed 92.42 yards per game and two rushing touchdowns till the championship game. Brian Kelly said Nix will go back to school but I haven't heard Nix say anything yet.

NFL draft scout has him as the 2nd rated DT if he chose to come out so he will be a 1st round pick, possibly top 10. If he's going to be that high, I really can't imagine him going back to school. The guy is good at every facet of the game in a lot of ways he reminds me of Vince Wilfork, a huge space eating DT that moves well and will command double teams in the run game and double teams when he's rushing the passer.

On the year Nix had 45 tackles, including five and a half for loss and two sacks.

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:04 am; edited 2 times in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Mock drafts are fun--talking about the college guys etc but hard for me to get excited until after Free Agency and we hopefully fill a coupla needs then see what needs remain.. Clears up the draft picture a bit--settles some of the mud ..
ha. I love this stuff all year long! I have since I was in middle school. I used to buy those draft magazines all the time in the early and mid 90s, read them on my breaks at work. I love watching the college game but not only because I like the games but hair as much to evaluate and watch players that could be on the redskins someday.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
ha. I love this stuff all year long! I have since I was in middle school. I used to buy those draft magazines all the time in the early and mid 90s, read them on my breaks at work. I love watching the college game but not only because I like the games but hair as much to evaluate and watch players that could be on the redskins someday.

I understand .. and appreciate all the insight from you and others that study the college players.. I'm usually only familiar with the first round names..!
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

I understand .. and appreciate all the insight from you and others that study the college players.. I'm usually only familiar with the first round names..!
thats cool. Wasn't saying you had to be like me. You are who you are and that's all good! Cool
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
S. Taylor wrote:
I think he wears #9.

he's a junior so he may consider coming out, all year I thought he was aSophomore Confused Embarassed Laughing

I watch a lot of college football and I know he was the teams most impressive DL who was mainly responsible for keeping Te'o clean from blockers. He did an amazing job all year and as you said in the championship game. Notre same is one of the country's run D, they only allowed 92.42 yards per game and two rushing touchdowns till the championship game. Brian Kelly said Nix will go back to school but I haven't heard Nix say anything yet.

NFL draft scout has him as the 2nd rated DT if he chose to come out so he will be a 1st round pick, possibly top 10. If he's going to be that high, I really can't imagine him going back to school. The guy is good at every facet of the game in a lot of ways he reminds me of Vince Wilfork, a huge space eating DT that moves well and will command double teams in the run game and when he's rushing the passer.

On the year Nix had 45 tackles, including five and a half for loss and two sacks.

Thanks!
I appreciate it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: