Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ch8878 Mock Offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Hes a free agent, and he has said hes testing the market Raiders want him back at a "bargain price" hes as good as gone.


Do you have a link?


Hes not going to be a back-up on a 4-12 team when he can be a back-up on a contender.

What do you mean link ?



That's the worst reasoning I've ever heard. So we can just make stuff up now? That's happening?


How is it making stuff up when hes a free agent ?


You said it "sounds like Bryant will be gone". Then your reasoning is he won't want to be a backup on a 4-12 team. So there is no "sound" just you guessing and giving an opinion. An opinion that has no validation.

So there is ZERO truth or validity to your statement.


Not only that, but if Seymour and Kelly are both gone, Bryant would likely get more playing time here than as a backup elsewhere. Even if we were to draft a good DT, there is still one spot open. Even if we were to sign another DT or move Houston inside, Bryant will get a lot of action somewhere along the line.


No Christo Bilukidi will be a starter.
_________________


Last edited by ch8878 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Hes a free agent, and he has said hes "testing the market" Raiders want him back at a "bargain price" hes as good as gone.


He even went out of his way to make up a quote.

Apparently he also has inside information in the Raiders front office and knows what type of deal we're going to offer Bryant.


Exactly. Just making it up. No validity and zero truth.


50% he stays and a 50% chance he leaves nothing less or more.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5754
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure as of right now, Bryant is the starter. There's no telling what we do in FA and draft to satisfy that position, but as it stands today he would be the starter, not a backup. He finished out the season as the starter and Seymour is definitely gone so that hasn't changed yet.

Guys were asking for a link to where he said he was testing the market, and where the Raiders said they wanted him back cheap. As far as I know no such quotes exist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Hes a free agent, and he has said hes "testing the market" Raiders want him back at a "bargain price" hes as good as gone.


He even went out of his way to make up a quote.

Apparently he also has inside information in the Raiders front office and knows what type of deal we're going to offer Bryant.


Do you ever stop trolling ?

Your saying I'm "making up things" because I won't show you where I read it go read yourself there is only so many Raiders blogs.


I'm trolling because I'm asking where you got your information?

When you make claims you need factual evidence to back it up. You literally made up a quote and when asked where you saw it you get defensive.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Hes a free agent, and he has said hes "testing the market" Raiders want him back at a "bargain price" hes as good as gone.


He even went out of his way to make up a quote.

Apparently he also has inside information in the Raiders front office and knows what type of deal we're going to offer Bryant.


Exactly. Just making it up. No validity and zero truth.


50% he stays and a 50% chance he leaves nothing less or more.



You just posted a "quote" from "Bryant" that said he was for sure gone though... Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Hes a free agent, and he has said hes "testing the market" Raiders want him back at a "bargain price" hes as good as gone.


He even went out of his way to make up a quote.

Apparently he also has inside information in the Raiders front office and knows what type of deal we're going to offer Bryant.


Exactly. Just making it up. No validity and zero truth.


50% he stays and a 50% chance he leaves nothing less or more.



You just posted a "quote" from "Bryant" that said he was for sure gone though... Laughing


Really how do you get "for sure gone" from "testing the market" ? Razz

I said that I think hes gone. Surprised
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
hes as good as gone.


ch8878 wrote:
Hes not going to be a back-up on a 4-12 team when he can be a back-up on a contender.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
hes as good as gone.


ch8878 wrote:
Hes not going to be a back-up on a 4-12 team when he can be a back-up on a contender.


Those are quotes from me why are you trying to say from Bryant ?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Pretty sure as of right now, Bryant is the starter. There's no telling what we do in FA and draft to satisfy that position, but as it stands today he would be the starter, not a backup. He finished out the season as the starter and Seymour is definitely gone so that hasn't changed yet.

Guys were asking for a link to where he said he was testing the market, and where the Raiders said they wanted him back cheap. As far as I know no such quotes exist.


Desmond Bryant was slapped with a 2nd round tender otherwise other teams may have went after him, now in 2013 he'll be a free agent so teams won't have to give up a 2nd rounder or have to top the Raiders offer.

Last year Oakland Raiders slapped a 2nd round tender on Desmond Bryant
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/paul-gutierrez/tender-slapped-bryant-second-rounder

Tafur adds that McKenzie and HC Dennis Allen would like bring back LB Philip Wheeler and DE Andre Carter, but would most likely only consider re-signing DT Desmond Bryant and TE Brandon Myers “at the right price.“
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/raiders_in_for_another_busy_offseason/12577132

Tight end Brandon Myers and defensive tackle Desmond Bryant both had good seasons and also likely would be welcomed back at the right price.
http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/Raiders-roster-remodel-will-be-severe-4163093.php

Oakland Raiders - Player Contract Information
http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/oak/

Get Ready For A Roster Overhaul In Oakland
http://justblogbaby.com/2013/01/03/get-ready-for-a-roster-overhaul-in-oakland/
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Those are quotes from me why are you trying to say from Bryant ?


You said that Bryant said "I want to test the market."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ch8878


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 2620
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
Those are quotes from me why are you trying to say from Bryant ?


You said that Bryant said "I want to test the market."


Yes I said he said "test the market" that is pretty much what all free agents always say is it not ?

But that isn't what you quoted a few posts up.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
Yes I said he said "test the market" that is pretty much what all free agents always say is it not ?


No and you shouldn't quote someone if they never said it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14114
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
holyghost wrote:
Pretty sure as of right now, Bryant is the starter. There's no telling what we do in FA and draft to satisfy that position, but as it stands today he would be the starter, not a backup. He finished out the season as the starter and Seymour is definitely gone so that hasn't changed yet.

Guys were asking for a link to where he said he was testing the market, and where the Raiders said they wanted him back cheap. As far as I know no such quotes exist.


Desmond Bryant was slapped with a 2nd round tender otherwise other teams may have went after him, now in 2013 he'll be a free agent so teams won't have to give up a 2nd rounder or have to top the Raiders offer.

Last year Oakland Raiders slapped a 2nd round tender on Desmond Bryant
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/paul-gutierrez/tender-slapped-bryant-second-rounder

Tafur adds that McKenzie and HC Dennis Allen would like bring back LB Philip Wheeler and DE Andre Carter, but would most likely only consider re-signing DT Desmond Bryant and TE Brandon Myers “at the right price.“
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/raiders_in_for_another_busy_offseason/12577132

Tight end Brandon Myers and defensive tackle Desmond Bryant both had good seasons and also likely would be welcomed back at the right price.
http://www.sfgate.com/raiders/article/Raiders-roster-remodel-will-be-severe-4163093.php

Oakland Raiders - Player Contract Information
http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/oak/

Get Ready For A Roster Overhaul In Oakland
http://justblogbaby.com/2013/01/03/get-ready-for-a-roster-overhaul-in-oakland/


So all it's saying is Bryant won't get a huge deal from the Raiders. And why would he? He has been solid but he doesn't deserve a top DT contract. Nowhere does it say Bryant has an influated perception of his worth and will try to get paid by anyone. It says the Raiders are likely to want him back as long as he's reasonable with his demands.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
holyghost


Joined: 18 Jan 2007
Posts: 5754
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also just the take and opinion of one writer. Speculative. It doesn't say anywhere he's as good as gone or that he wants to test the market. Anyone can speculate. Like I said, Bryant was the starter for half the year, and if he was brought back it would probably be as the starter. If they want to keep him as a backup, then of course I could see him leaving. Whatever they do with him is purely speculative right now based on their plans for him, to which we nor any writer are not privy. Neither are you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group