Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The General Manager Interview Watch; Updated Page 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Per Adam Schefter just now, the Jaguars have narrowed their GM search down to 2 guys: David Caldwell and Steve Keim

im surprised that Bidwill hasn't gotten the Keim deal done. They fulfilled the Rooney Rule already so thats not holding them back

Jurecki said the agent was a pain though remember? That might be holding it up, I don't know.

My biggest problem right now is that we've not pushed the candidate search hard enough. Yes I want Steve Keim, I think everyone here knows that but I am very big on having options. If Keim takes a job somewhere else, which is well within his right to do, we've only got 1 other guy who we've interviewed so far, Morocco Brown and nobody knows how well he interviewed. What if he stunk up the place? Now we're scrambling. Ya we might be able to still interview the popular names like Caldwell (Who legitimately intrigues me) or Gamble or Telesco etc. before they take jobss but we're behind the other teams who've already interviewed them and had a chance to make an impression. Again, we're scrambling. I wish we pushed this a little harder than we did.

I would have preferred to have our head coach search put off until next week or the week after. Horton and Haley will be no less interested a week from now as they're both chomping at the bit for the job and we can't even hire McCoy (Should we like him) until the Broncos are eliminated from the playoffs, which could be February. We should have focused more this week on the GM position IMHO.

Jason Licht could also be an option
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Per Adam Schefter just now, the Jaguars have narrowed their GM search down to 2 guys: David Caldwell and Steve Keim

im surprised that Bidwill hasn't gotten the Keim deal done. They fulfilled the Rooney Rule already so thats not holding them back

Jurecki said the agent was a pain though remember? That might be holding it up, I don't know.

My biggest problem right now is that we've not pushed the candidate search hard enough. Yes I want Steve Keim, I think everyone here knows that but I am very big on having options. If Keim takes a job somewhere else, which is well within his right to do, we've only got 1 other guy who we've interviewed so far, Morocco Brown and nobody knows how well he interviewed. What if he stunk up the place? Now we're scrambling. Ya we might be able to still interview the popular names like Caldwell (Who legitimately intrigues me) or Gamble or Telesco etc. before they take jobss but we're behind the other teams who've already interviewed them and had a chance to make an impression. Again, we're scrambling. I wish we pushed this a little harder than we did.

I would have preferred to have our head coach search put off until next week or the week after. Horton and Haley will be no less interested a week from now as they're both chomping at the bit for the job and we can't even hire McCoy (Should we like him) until the Broncos are eliminated from the playoffs, which could be February. We should have focused more this week on the GM position IMHO.

Jason Licht could also be an option

I thought so too but Bidwill gave Horton and Keim the first interviews for their jobs because they were internal guys. Bidwill wanted to show them respect because of that and grant them the first crack at the job. If we wanted Licht, why hasn't he been asked to interview yet?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another big worry about losing Keim, besides the obvious, is that he may try and steal Horton or Haley away. He knows both men very well and Schefter reported yesterday that Mularkey's assistants were granted persmission to interview for other jobs, even lateral ones. His job isn't even a little bit safe. Losing Keim and losing 1 of our 3 top head coaching candidates would be the ultimate slap to the face.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paging Michael Bidwill.....

Keim or bust.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyV wrote:
Paging Michael Bidwill.....

Keim or bust.

I'm not completely sold that he's the only guy for the job (Which is what "or bust" alludes to) but we haven't interviewed or asked to interview any of the other guys that I view as worthy candidates and there's nothing out there suggesting we will. Because of that, even though I'm not sold, you're probably right.

Hopefully Morocco Brown interviewed well.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can some one tell me about morocco brown please

matthouston91 made it!
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDOCKETT90 wrote:
Can some one tell me about morocco brown please

Here's his bio from the Redskins team site:

Morocco Brown completed his fourth season in 2011 as Director of Player Personnel after being hired from the Chicago Bears on May 20, 2008. He is responsible for coordinating the advance scouting of Redskins opponents, participating in all Draft meetings, and the evaluation of all professional leagues for potential free agents and trade prospects.

Brown has been responsible for adding a number of free agents that have contributed significantly during the tenure of head coach Mike Shanahan. During an abbreviated free agency period during the 2011 offseason, Brown was instrumental in the Redskins signing defensive end Stephen Bowen, nose tackle Barry Cofield and cornerback Josh Wilson, all of whom helped the Redskins jump from the 31st-ranked total defense in the NFL in 2010 to the 13th-ranked total defense in 2011. Bowen posted six sacks in 2011, more than the 5.5 sacks he registered in his first five NFL seasons. In Cofield, Brown identified a nose tackle that Redskins coaches have labeled among the brightest in the game. Cofield led all NFL defensive tackles in 2011 with eight pass breakups (eight), according to NFL GSIS. Wilson started at cornerback in all of the Redskins' 16 games in 2011, helping the unit improve from 31st to 12th in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game.

Brown also assisted in the acquisitions of fullback Darrel Young and wide receiver Anthony Armstrong, both of whom made their Redskins debuts in 2010.

http://www.redskins.com/team/staff/morocco-brown/aff6c80b-9305-49c4-912a-e0f87ba8779e

I know nothing else about the guy.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interview with Morocco Brown, at about the 1:30-ish mark he says he doesn't have much to do with the draft.

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2013/1/4/3834620/more-information-on-arizona-cardinals-gm-candidate-morocco-brown

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Here's an interview with Morocco Brown, at about the 1:30-ish mark he says he doesn't have much to do with the draft.

http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2013/1/4/3834620/more-information-on-arizona-cardinals-gm-candidate-morocco-brown

That's a problem IMO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He didn't say he didn't do anything for the draft but he makes it very clear the draft isn't his focus and that other guys handle it within the organization.

So ya, it's a bit of a problem.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Adam Schefter, the Browns have requested permission to interview the following candidates for their vacant general manager position:

George Paton, Assistant General Manager Minnesota Vikings
Tom Gamble, Director of Player Personnel San Francisco 49ers
Ray Farmer, Director of Pro Personnel Kansas City Chiefs

There was a report that the Jets were close an agreement with Gamble but that may be a bit early as it appears. Farmer is a Rooney Rule candidate.

We either need to hire Keim this weekend or get to scheduling interviews with some of these guys. I really fear that we're dropping the ball at the most important franchise position.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Mj said any other name for gm at all?

matthouston91 made it!
stchamp98

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDOCKETT90 wrote:
Has Mj said any other name for gm at all?

None that I know of. He said 3-4 days ago to not be surprised if we chose a minority candidate but no names were given and no movement on Morocco Brown has happened that I know of.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Caldwell has been called for a 3rd interview with the Jaguars. I think he's getting the job.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to San Diego's most plugged in beat writer, Kevin Acee, the Charger's GM job is down to Jimmy Raye and Tom Telesco.

Talked to my buddy last night and he said that while Mike Bidwill IS taking a big risk by not moving faster on Steve Keim, if David Caldwell gets the Jaguars job that risk will have payed off big time. His exact words "Steve's agent is driving Mike hard that if he doesn't meet their salary demands, Steve will land another job in a heart beat. If Jacksonville and San Diego don't offer him their jobs, his agent loses that leverage".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: