Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Thoughts on Coaching Search-Chip Kelly
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mkk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Thoughts on Coaching Search-Chip Kelly Reply with quote

Why would an owner who said he was looking for a leader want a guy who is pulling a Pete Carroll and leaving town before the NCAA shows up and puts them on probation. Even the recruits know it, look at the commits so far for Oregon. He is not even the best coach in his conference(David Shaw). If he is willing to change his offense for the pro's don't you think he would have put some more work into his defense at Oregon by now?

I would like to know when the Mike McCoy or Lovie smith interview will be taking place after wasting a week interviewing 3 college coach's which really amounts to a 7 day 5 knuckle shuffle. Once the music stops and the good assistants get snapped up are we going to be on the outside looking in.

I do not care about having a team with buzz on espn, I WANT RESULTS. So Far I Have not been impressed at all and we have not even begun to talk about GM candidates.
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Coaching Search-Chip Kelly Reply with quote

mkk wrote:
If he is willing to change his offense for the pro's don't you think he would have put some more work into his defense at Oregon by now?

Two things on that comment

#1: The Oregon defense was really dang good this year
#2: He's an offensive coach, defense isn't his business

In terms of the other stuff, Bill Belichick keeps picking his brain and implementing what Kelly teaches him, that's a pretty dang good thing to consider when hiring an offensive coach. One of the best HC's ever is asking this guy offensive advice

Jumping ship because of sanctions? I wouldn't disagree. But as a fan I have to think the NFL is the ultimate goal. He was headed out last year and then second guessed it at the last second. It's something he wants to do and the sanctions only make the decision easier
mkk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Coaching Search-Chip Kelly Reply with quote

[quote="TeHDruiD"][quote="mkk"]If he is willing to change his offense for the pro's don't you think he would have put some more work into his defense at Oregon by now? [/quote]

Two things on that comment

#1: The Oregon defense was really dang good this year
#2: He's an offensive coach, defense isn't his business

In terms of the other stuff, Bill Belichick keeps picking his brain and implementing what Kelly teaches him, that's a pretty dang good thing to consider when hiring an offensive coach. One of the best HC's ever is asking this guy offensive advice

Jumping ship because of sanctions? I wouldn't disagree. But as a fan I have to think the NFL is the ultimate goal. He was headed out last year and then second guessed it at the last second. It's something he wants to do and the sanctions only make the decision easier[/quote]

The defense was 26th, and as Head coach/CEO defense better be his business. He has a great record in a soft conference, but its his losses in big games that is troubling. i see Steve Spurrier not Jimmy Johnson as a pro coach.
Kathouse Sticks

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two things that scare me a LOT about hiring Kelly.

1) His complete lack of any previous NFL experience
2) MIKE LOMBARDI- NOT QUALIFIED

Although, the Hooligans did have an Oregon beat writer on that said Kelly would be successful and win in the NFL. Still to be determined...

I would at LEAST interview Bruce Arians and Greg Roman before deciding.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: Thoughts on Coaching Search-Chip Kelly Reply with quote

mkk wrote:
Why would an owner who said he was looking for a leader want a guy who is pulling a Pete Carroll and leaving town before the NCAA shows up and puts them on probation. Even the recruits know it, look at the commits so far for Oregon. He is not even the best coach in his conference(David Shaw). If he is willing to change his offense for the pro's don't you think he would have put some more work into his defense at Oregon by now?

I would like to know when the Mike McCoy or Lovie smith interview will be taking place after wasting a week interviewing 3 college coach's which really amounts to a 7 day 5 knuckle shuffle. Once the music stops and the good assistants get snapped up are we going to be on the outside looking in.

I do not care about having a team with buzz on espn, I WANT RESULTS. So Far I Have not been impressed at all and we have not even begun to talk about GM candidates.

I'm with you on the sanctions thing. It does have a slimy feel to it, but unfortunately, that's the nature of the business. I remember not being thrilled about the slimy way Butch Davis came to the Browns.

As far as questioning the other candidates that we're interviewing, we don't really know yet. None of these coordinators are exactly in high demand, so we have plenty of time to talk to them if we want. I'm not really worried about that part.

Why are you complaining about results? Laughing The new boys just got here.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
mtmmike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never let fact interfer with a good emotion the kelly hiring is all about tickets.
the best thing haslem will due is put a dome on the stadium.
browns win 10 games exit first round playoffs.
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to be like this, but it seems like Browns fan enjoy being miserable more than anything anymore. I get the sense that no matter what is done, no one will be happy. I guess that comes with years of disaster and I get that, but man every fan is so in the dumps
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
never let fact interfer with a good emotion the kelly hiring is all about tickets.

Where do I sign up?
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the Borwns are the front runner for the TOP coaching candidate available in the country and fans are griping?

Question

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
So the Borwns are the front runner for the TOP coaching candidate available in the country and fans are griping?

Question

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
mtmmike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:

Question
what coach did the sign the chicago coach?
mtmmike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
mtmmike wrote:

Where do I sign up?
I HEAR you but look below.
mtmmike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
I hate to be like this, but it seems like Browns fan enjoy being miserable more than anything anymore. I get the sense that no matter what is done, no one will be happy. I guess that comes with years of disaster and I get that, but man every fan is so in the dumps

PART of the reason on so disheartened with reid,lovie, and kelley available we got a interview with one.

at best we got the 4th best coach in the pac ten that is a totally scary thought.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

PART of the reason on so disheartened with reid,lovie, and kelley available we got a interview with one.

at best we got the 4th best coach in the pac ten that is a totally scary thought.

lol what

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
mtmmike wrote:
TeHDruiD wrote:

lol what

Shocked Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: