Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The players want Spags gone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
I was actually thinking Roman Harper, he's a hot head and Spags lowered his playing time this season. He could've been ticked off by the miserable defense, the lack of playing time and Spags pretty much saying he's useless in coverage.

LOL, but Harper IS useless in coverage Laughing

But I'm sure it still ticked him off to be called out by his coach.

Actually. In the redzone, Harper is good sometimes. He's broken up his fair share of endzone passes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, who ever the player is, I hope they get cut.

It's one thing to dislike how a coach does something. It's another to weasel behind that persons back and leak something to the media. Especially when this organization hates drama like that. Then on another level to hide behind anonymity to highlight your general lack of balls is just cowardice.

I think Spags gets a whole 'drama-free' offseason to try turn us around. If at the end of next year we're toiling in the 20s for D, then yeah fire his butt. But for a player to throw a coaching staff under the bus in such a manner is pathetic.

If you have an axe to grind and want to do it in such a way, atleast put your name beside it and man up to it.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
Raves

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime teams go from a well liked players coach to a tougher more disciplined coach that's not as personable you get players that don't like the change. It happens in all sports too. Look at the Red Sox this past year. Players are little cry babies sometimes wanting everyon to be nice to them. If anyone I'm happier to hear that Spags rubs people the wrong way and demands perfection. If the players don't want to step up cut them and pick up other people. I don't care who it is.

2013 Adopt-A-Saint
TE Jimmy Graham-86 rec, 1215 yds, 16 TDs
WR Kenny Still-34 rec, 641 yds, 5 TDs
jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raves wrote:
Everytime teams go from a well liked players coach to a tougher more disciplined coach that's not as personable you get players that don't like the change. It happens in all sports too. Look at the Red Sox this past year. Players are little cry babies sometimes wanting everyon to be nice to them. If anyone I'm happier to hear that Spags rubs people the wrong way and demands perfection. If the players don't want to step up cut them and pick up other people. I don't care who it is.

^^HELLZ YEAH!!^^ I totally agree.

^NS922 on the sig^
Louisianapride

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm leaning toward ellis...maybe he sees the writing on the wall as far as his spot on the team
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking Ellis or Shanle. Ellis' playing time dropped off a cliff as the season drew towards the end. And Shanle knows his time is drawing near, so maybe he's just trying to tweak everyone's nose on the way out the door.

My biggest thing is Vilma and Lofton. That's a hell of a way to show up as a leader, good on them.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
I was actually thinking Roman Harper, he's a hot head and Spags lowered his playing time this season. He could've been ticked off by the miserable defense, the lack of playing time and Spags pretty much saying he's useless in coverage.

LOL, but Harper IS useless in coverage Laughing

Yes and I suck at math, I'm still going to be mad if my teacher says "Harper, you suck at math"

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be Shanle, Harper, or Ellis. Most likely Harper. Ellis is NOT a vocal guy. Shanle knows his time is up and doesn't strike me as a locker room cancer. Harper is an honest, in your face type speaker.

The truth is that whoever said it was probably right. The Saints have been a 2nd half team since Payton took over...certainly under Gregg Williams. This team was practically done by the half if they were losing. Spags did not make good in game adjustments. I take everything Vilma says with a huge grain of salt. He is the locker room leader and is trying to hold it together. But Mr. Anonymous could easily be correct.

I can't comment and won't comment on his personality. Quite frankly, I don't care. I don't care if he is nice...I don't care if he is mean. He is a POOR fit for the personnel and I want him gone. It's nothing personal.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Spags was HC of the Rams it was always stated in the media that he was a control freak. He went as far to fire long time Rams employees that had been there since the move from LA. He also didn't allow former Rams to attend the Training camps and off-season stuff.

He is a article from STL Post Dispatch on Spags:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/jeff-gordon/tipsheet-spags-didn-t-learn-from-rams-failure/article_1416be17-6bec-5786-ba0a-1d2acf9c73ac.html
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to thinking...if the Saints do dump Spags (which they should do...but likely won't)...who would be a good replacement? There are guys out there who could install a 3-4 which would better suit our personnel and may be available. Lots of them will be up for head coaching positions, or are likely to stay in place...but who knows?

1) Keith Butler (LB coach, Steelers)
-The best LB coach in the NFL who has been serving under possibly the greatest defensive coordinator of all time in - LeBeau. He would put together a formidable 3-4 defense. Declined to leave last year to the Arizona Cardinals, but it is always worth asking.

2) Ray Horton (DC, Cardinals)
-With Whisenhunt out of Arizona, Horton is practically a free agent. He has a good shot of getting a head coach position, but if he doesn’t he may opt to leave Arizona without Whisenhunt in town.

3) Charlie Strong (HC, Louisville)
-has tons of versatility. Runs a 3-3-5 base, with flavors of 4-3 and 3-4. Has had success at every level. Motivational leader and looks like he could have a future as an NFL head coach. This may be the next step to get there.

4) Ron Rivera (former HC, Panthers)
-Has had success with both 4-3 and 3-4 in the NFL. Looks like a better fit at d-coordinator than head coach.

5) Kirby Smart (DC, Alabama)
-Runs a 3-4 defense at Alabama but has scheme versatility as he coached a 4-3 at LSU in 2004. He has excellent talent to work with, but he also is excellent at developing defensive players and always has one of the more disciplined defenses in college. Did spend a year in the NFL when Saban bolted for the NFL. He may be more interested in getting a college coaching head gig, however.
thesolution

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
Got to thinking...if the Saints do dump Spags (which they should do...but likely won't)...who would be a good replacement? There are guys out there who could install a 3-4 which would better suit our personnel and may be available. Lots of them will be up for head coaching positions, or are likely to stay in place...but who knows?

1) Keith Butler (LB coach, Steelers)
-The best LB coach in the NFL who has been serving under possibly the greatest defensive coordinator of all time in - LeBeau. He would put together a formidable 3-4 defense. Declined to leave last year to the Arizona Cardinals, but it is always worth asking.

2) Ray Horton (DC, Cardinals)
-With Whisenhunt out of Arizona, Horton is practically a free agent. He has a good shot of getting a head coach position, but if he doesn’t he may opt to leave Arizona without Whisenhunt in town.

3) Charlie Strong (HC, Louisville)
-has tons of versatility. Runs a 3-3-5 base, with flavors of 4-3 and 3-4. Has had success at every level. Motivational leader and looks like he could have a future as an NFL head coach. This may be the next step to get there.

4) Ron Rivera (former HC, Panthers)
-Has had success with both 4-3 and 3-4 in the NFL. Looks like a better fit at d-coordinator than head coach.

5) Kirby Smart (DC, Alabama)
-Runs a 3-4 defense at Alabama but has scheme versatility as he coached a 4-3 at LSU in 2004. He has excellent talent to work with, but he also is excellent at developing defensive players and always has one of the more disciplined defenses in college. Did spend a year in the NFL when Saban bolted for the NFL. He may be more interested in getting a college coaching head gig, however.

Give me Ron Rivera. This team is still more 4-3 build but I think they should give more 3-4 looks. But who knows may Spags could do the same.

Copyrighted by Kiltman
My Second Sig
Harper41

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd need new shorts if we hired Ray Horton

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray Horton just got fired. The Saints need to fire Spags and hire Horton...now. Don't wait for Payton.
FLOODx

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retweet!

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
SWATcha

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
Ray Horton just got fired. The Saints need to fire Spags and hire Horton...now. Don't wait for Payton.

I was thinking the same thing this morning when I saw he got fired. Didn't Arizona run kind of a hybrid 3-4?

Only problem with Horton I have, is I don't think he'll be a DC for much longer. He's going to get a HC gig sooner rather than later, so the Saints might be looking for a new DC again a year later.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: