Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So, evaluate Gabe Carimi please
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

51to54 wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
There was some conversation on WSCR the other day that a source indicated Carimi played hurt all season. That could be a legitimate reason for his poor play. Or he could be a bust. Too early to tell. Nobody knows for certain. All we can do is hope.

It bears stating again, he's coming off a major injury that cost him his rookie season and in all likelihood, played hurt. He played in a very bad Oline.

He'd almost have to not be able to block and chew guy at the same time to be a bust now.

Gotta give him another season if for nothing else to see if he can 'recover' by 2013.

I agree but at the same time they can't go into 2013 expecting him to work out like they clearly did in 2012. I would be surprised if both he and Jon Scott, and possibly James Brown as well as Webb if a FA LT is brought on, weren't all back competing for the RT job.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
51to54

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
51to54 wrote:
wiscbearsfan wrote:
There was some conversation on WSCR the other day that a source indicated Carimi played hurt all season. That could be a legitimate reason for his poor play. Or he could be a bust. Too early to tell. Nobody knows for certain. All we can do is hope.

It bears stating again, he's coming off a major injury that cost him his rookie season and in all likelihood, played hurt. He played in a very bad Oline.

He'd almost have to not be able to block and chew guy at the same time to be a bust now.

Gotta give him another season if for nothing else to see if he can 'recover' by 2013.

I agree but at the same time they can't go into 2013 expecting him to work out like they clearly did in 2012. I would be surprised if both he and Jon Scott, and possibly James Brown as well as Webb if a FA LT is brought on, weren't all back competing for the RT job.

Most certainly. While his injury and inexperience doesn't warrant the bust tag yet, his play on the field doesn't warrant assuming he's going to 'fix' one of the Oline positions either. It's not like he was an all pro in 2010 and got hurt in 2011.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiscbearsfan wrote:
There was some conversation on WSCR the other day that a source indicated Carimi played hurt all season.

If that's true, that also means he suffered a partial dislocation with no ligament damage against the Saints, which is more like a 4-6 week injury, but he still hadn't recovered 15 months later for whatever reason. His knee may forever be a problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: