Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My favorite color: Kelly Green
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehzl wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Tehzl wrote:
Hey Clevelend. I am very interested in what Chip Kelly could or could not do for your team, as I was reading this I saw Darron Thomas from Oregon and I looked him up some more and it shows he was undrafted and now in the CFL. But when I look at his stats from college, his size, injury reports, I don't see anything that would hold him back. Would you guys know why he was undrafted and on stats alone, and a few other things, I think he would be your best option at QB other than NFL draft if I am looking at the list of QBs you want.

Now that I think of it, you guys don't have any interest in Alex Smith? He is a Quarterback that runs sort of.

In my opinion I think you should take someone like Alex Smith or David Garrard for a few years, then get Marcus Mariota or even Johnny Manziel when they come out.

I look forward to what Chip Kelly plans on doing with your team.

Character concerns was one issue... Him declaring too early was another... I honestly don't know why else he could not get a sniff given his success and skill. I honestly think chip brings him in and at least looks at him.... He would definitely be my "dark horse" choice.

Smith is a possible option, but I don't see him as the best fit. First the cost to get him.... And if investing those resources he would be a longer term option, but I don't think he best fits what Kelly wants long term...

Miarrota, Manziel, etc would be great... The tricky part is how to get to that point...

Smile. Thanks!

Just looking at stats again. Your next Quarterback might be in your backyard. Thaddeus Lewis didn't play too bad for his first start against the Steelers. You guys have a lot of options at QB. I am not even a Cleveland fan but I really am anxious to see what Chip Kelly can do for your offense and if he succeeds.

Lewis shocked us all... Anyone that says otherwise is lying. Haha.

Sould be an " interesting" offseason if nothing else. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Tehzl wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Tehzl wrote:
Hey Clevelend. I am very interested in what Chip Kelly could or could not do for your team, as I was reading this I saw Darron Thomas from Oregon and I looked him up some more and it shows he was undrafted and now in the CFL. But when I look at his stats from college, his size, injury reports, I don't see anything that would hold him back. Would you guys know why he was undrafted and on stats alone, and a few other things, I think he would be your best option at QB other than NFL draft if I am looking at the list of QBs you want.

Now that I think of it, you guys don't have any interest in Alex Smith? He is a Quarterback that runs sort of.

In my opinion I think you should take someone like Alex Smith or David Garrard for a few years, then get Marcus Mariota or even Johnny Manziel when they come out.

Character concerns was one issue... Him declaring too early was another... I honestly don't know why else he could not get a sniff given his success and skill. I honestly think chip brings him in and at least looks at him.... He would definitely be my "dark horse" choice.

Smith is a possible option, but I don't see him as the best fit. First the cost to get him.... And if investing those resources he would be a longer term option, but I don't think he best fits what Kelly wants long term...

Miarrota, Manziel, etc would be great... The tricky part is how to get to that point...

Smile. Thanks!

Just looking at stats again. Your next Quarterback might be in your backyard. Thaddeus Lewis didn't play too bad for his first start against the Steelers. You guys have a lot of options at QB. I am not even a Cleveland fan but I really am anxious to see what Chip Kelly can do for your offense and if he succeeds.

Researched some more stuff about Darron Thomas. I can't say whether or not this is reliable but interesting none the less. Apparently Darron and Chip got into a arguement before Darron left for pros. A really bad one. So bringing Darron to come play for him is becoming more unlikely. http://thehuskyhaul.com/2012/05/15/darron-thomas-chip-kelly-and-the-decision-to-go-pro/
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Tehzl wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Tehzl wrote:

Smile. Thanks!

Not Lying I knew he would do well. i actually expected better.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
mtmmike

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
Chip Kelly is not going to run the Zone Read Option. IT won't work. Basically Kelly's offense in the NFL is NE. They took the terminology and the scheme behind it. Fast offense where you run a ton of plays.

That is the basis of the offense. How you read the defense is where the zone option comes in.

excellent thought who is are tom brady?
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtmmike wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:
Chip Kelly is not going to run the Zone Read Option. IT won't work. Basically Kelly's offense in the NFL is NE. They took the terminology and the scheme behind it. Fast offense where you run a ton of plays.

That is the basis of the offense. How you read the defense is where the zone option comes in.

excellent thought who is are tom brady?

I don't think we need a Tom Brady.

A semi-functional QB should be just fine. We have better RB's than NE, we have just as good if not better Oline and our WR are pretty close.

Obviously the TE position isn't even close, but I think that could change.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it was a fun experiment. Don't get to look outside the box very often....

Now off to the next candidate, (typical nfl coach I hope) and I can go back to making normal mocks again. Smile This thing was too crazy... Haha.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: