Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ESPN's bold prediction
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruceb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Re: ESPN's bold prediction Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Weeden would need to make a big turnaround, OR if we make a change, THAT guy would need to play lights out.

this...

even with the mass amount of young players, injuries, suspension, and coaching "issues" the Browns only needed to score one more TD per game and they would have been in the playoffs...

Going to say this until y'all get it: Weeden didn't win us games, but he lost us games. His high level was mediocre, at best.

Weeden is one of the reasons Heckert is gone. Bad pick.
bigdogsandiego

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woody made an educated guess based on the core foundation of young players who should continue to improve with the right coaching. Head coach decision will start the plan and I would be shocked if the coach is not offensive minded. Then, the QB decision must be made. I think the Browns will draft D players and attempt to sign 2-3 O players FA's (G, WR, and possible QB) with the cap money as well as one stud safety like Ed Reed. Bottom line is winning and that will not happen until Browns have a winning QB. Sorry but Weeden is not the man unless new HC can coach him up. The main reason Holmgren/Heckert were fired is inability to find a franchise QB in three years with numerous opportunities.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigdogsandiego wrote:
Woody made an educated guess based on the core foundation of young players who should continue to improve with the right coaching. Head coach decision will start the plan and I would be shocked if the coach is not offensive minded. Then, the QB decision must be made. I think the Browns will draft D players and attempt to sign 2-3 O players FA's (G, WR, and possible QB) with the cap money as well as one stud safety like Ed Reed. Bottom line is winning and that will not happen until Browns have a winning QB. Sorry but Weeden is not the man unless new HC can coach him up. The main reason Holmgren/Heckert were fired is inability to find a franchise QB in three years with numerous opportunities.

I agree with most of your post, but I disagree with the bolded. As much as our QB situation frustrates me, I really don't see anything that H&H could have done other than give up the world for RG3. We haven't passed on multiple opportunities at franchise caliber guys, imo.

And the main reason H&H were fired is not because of your bolded sentence. It's because Lerner sold the team.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
bigdogsandiego

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie, you are probably right as Lerner made the hire and Haslam has a different plan/program which did not include the lazy Walrus as well as his hires. On the football side, someone had to be accountable for the fact H&H had 3 drafts and 3 free agencies to find the right QB not to mention a possible trade. Delhomme was a travesty. Wallace was a joke. Weeden was a reach. McCoy a 3rd rd backup pick. Holmgren stated he was the QB genius and would find/develop the right QB like Montana, Young, Favre, and Haselbach. I am sure a lot of us would like to know the truth behind the RG3 scenario and Weeden pick.
Entropy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigdogsandiego wrote:
Reggie, you are probably right as Lerner made the hire and Haslam has a different plan/program which did not include the lazy Walrus as well as his hires. On the football side, someone had to be accountable for the fact H&H had 3 drafts and 3 free agencies to find the right QB not to mention a possible trade. Delhomme was a travesty. Wallace was a joke. Weeden was a reach. McCoy a 3rd rd backup pick. Holmgren stated he was the QB genius and would find/develop the right QB like Montana, Young, Favre, and Haselbach. I am sure a lot of us would like to know the truth behind the RG3 scenario and Weeden pick.

Do you have a link or a source to the quote you just laid on Holmgren?

And which QB did he miss anyway? The one he could have traded for from the pool of over 40 players he released? Maybe we could have packaged only the draft picks we didn't need to build a roster in a trade for the great Curtis Painter.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see us draft a guy like damontre moore in the first, and landry jones in the 3rd. I think he will be good in a spread offense with a good coach like ck, and a sure handed veteran wr + the weapons we already have on Offense... I will I how he does in the 2013 senior bowl

how long is weeds gonna live

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote

In general we need Depth... All around.

Rock star FA signing.

AND Lastly

A big hit in the 1st round with quality rookies in the later rounds.

I'd target the following positions: DE, DB (both CB and S), G, WR, TE.

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
bruceb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
In general we need Depth... All around.

Rock star FA signing.

AND Lastly

A big hit in the 1st round with quality rookies in the later rounds.

I'd target the following positions: DE, DB (both CB and S), G, WR, TE.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Much shorter list with less dire need than I am accustomed to seeing. That's nice.
bigdogsandiego

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gil Brandt has also made a prediction for the Browns going to playoffs as "they have 20 good players".

I still advocate drafting D players and using FA for O players needed with the exception of a S like Ed Reed.

Looks like Kelly as coach which means a QB decision to be made before the draft.

Needs: Draft DE, CB, S, speed LB FA G, WR, TE and possibly QB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: