Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wildcard Round: VIKINGS (10-6) at Packers (11-5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 58, 59, 60  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Antoine Winfield's return would be huge for #Vikings; Rodgers targeted Sherels 10 times, hit nine passes for 162 yards, per @PFF.

Interesting little tidbit.

Yfz01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Quote:
Antoine Winfield's return would be huge for #Vikings; Rodgers targeted Sherels 10 times, hit nine passes for 162 yards, per @PFF.

That was pretty brutal. Unlike Jefferson (who also gets burned constantly) Sherels wasn't even close to WRs on most of those completions.

Lil Uno with the sig.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jefferson tended to be too close. holding on to jerseys and such.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
VIKINGS101011

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear Winfield most likely plays. No Josh Robinson would hurt though. Been very solid all year for us, one of many great draft pick in this last draft
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIKINGS101011 wrote:
Nice to hear Winfield most likely plays. No Josh Robinson would hurt though. Been very solid all year for us, one of many great draft pick in this last draft

Robinson has been terribad the last few games.
AP_ALL_DAY_28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard on ESPN Radio LA that AP wants to play on special teams to block field goals & to of course return kickoffs/punts.
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings
VikeADunn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
I heard on ESPN Radio LA that AP wants to play on special teams to block field goals & to of course return kickoffs/punts.

That's like totally old news bro.

[quote="tylerdouglass"]VikeADunn, you're my hero.[/quote]

2013 Adopt-A-Viking: DT Sharrif Floyd
Tk: 2 Sk: Stf: PD: 2 FF/FR:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The odds continue to appear good Antoine Winfield will play on Saturday. He'll just have to do it without practicing, although that's nothing new for the veteran cornerback. Winfield remained a spectator on Thursday as the Minnesota Vikings held their final full practice on a short week before their NFC wild-card playoff against Green Bay.

Frazier: "We didn't have him do anything other than some things on the side. But we wanted him to get a good comfort level with that cast on and he does have a good comfort level. So, we feel better about him. He was actually over there hitting the dummies and doing some things to jar it, just to see how it would feel, and he said it felt great. So, that was encouraging, very encouraging."

Winfield: "It's going to hurt, there is no way around that. I have a very high tolerance for pain but I'm not focusing on that. I'm just going out there focusing on my assignments, executing and playing football. Iím not coming out of this game. I have the whole offseason to recover. Iíll be good."

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Adrian_Peterson_back_Antoine_Winfield_not_as_Vikings_wrap_short_week010313
http://min.scout.com/2/1254496.html

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the 52-year history of the Vikings-Packers rivalry, Saturday will be the first time the teams have played each other when both had 10 or more wins.

Sixteen of the last 21 games between the Vikings and Packers have been decided by seven points or fewer.

http://min.scout.com/2/1254473.html

Webmaster wrote:
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
In the 52-year history of the Vikings-Packers rivalry, Saturday will be the first time the teams have played each other when both had 10 or more wins.

Sixteen of the last 21 games between the Vikings and Packers have been decided by seven points or fewer.

http://min.scout.com/2/1254473.html

Bears Packers rivaly...pshhh Shame on you

Last edited by Vikefan79 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Jefferson isn't great but I don't really fault him.for the quick touchdown and 4th down play. Those are insanely tough to defend. Just don't wanna see sherels playing defense. That was embarrassing
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Jefferson isn't great but I don't really fault him.for the quick touchdown and 4th down play. Those are insanely tough to defend. Just don't wanna see sherels playing defense. That was embarrassing

Yeah I like Jefferson. Only 24 years old with plenty of room to grow and get better.
Nozizaki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yfz01 wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
Quote:

That was pretty brutal. Unlike Jefferson (who also gets burned constantly) Sherels wasn't even close to WRs on most of those completions.

I wouldn't say Jefferson isn't close, he's a great athlete but struggles on jump balls and tackles.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that Goldilocks said AD wouldn't get 200 on them again. Thought that was kind of comical. Laughing
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here is how we win this game:

Offense:
- Peterson, of course. Run with him right at Clay Mathews. Right at him. That way, you take him out of the game, occupy him, which will open up the passing game even more. Attack their strength!
- Outside of Clay, their LB's are very suspect. This leads to their safeties playing very agressive. Exploit that
- Throw it only when you have to and once in a while to keep them honest. They simply have no answer for our rushing attack.
- I would gameplan to run the ball on all 3 downs in the first 3-5 series. Honestly: has any rungame been as dominant as ours? Has any playoff team been worse against the run than the Packers? Unusual circumstances demand unusual measures.

Defense:
- It was a step backwards the last game. Partly because we faced Rodgers, but also partly because Williams changed his gameplan: we didn't blitz as often as the previous 3 games. Against Houston, I remember blitzing Schaub late in the 4th up 2 scores. We need to be as agressive with our gameplan against them. Especially against Rodgers, especially outdoors in cold weather, and especially because our secondary is our weakest point. (Look at last years Playoff game at Lambeau!). I can say this: if we fail to blitz Rodgers and rely only on our front 4, we will loose.
- see above

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 8 of 60

Jump to: