Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens @ Bengals Week 17 GDT - Division Champs!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:
Going to be pulling for Cincy against Houston next week in the wildcard round so we won't have to go to Denver in the divisional.

Yeah it looks like the AFC playoff seeding is going to end up like this:

1. Denver (can't see them losing to the Chiefs)
2. New England (they will be playing hard for the bye week)
3. Houston
4. Baltimore
5. Indianapolis
6. Cincinnati

I'm not sure if I would rather have the Ravens go to Denver or New England.

I'd rather they had to go to New England. It's not that scary a place for these guys, who know they had that game won last year.

Yes, the Patriots are dangerous and would want revenge for the loss they suffered earlier in the season, but their defense still sucks. The Ravens could score plenty of points on them, just as they did earlier in this season.

Peyton and the Broncos defense at Mile High? Don't really fancy that until it becomes unavoidable.
This, plus we've won a playoff game against Brady in Foxborough. We know how to beat the Patriots and we know we can beat the Patriots at home. Manning is a different story.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

JROD82891

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McKinnie vs Oher

I just went back and watched all of McKinnie's snaps from this game and IMO he only missed 3 blocks the entire game, one leading to a sack. I watched Michael Oher miss 2 blocks on the first 2 drives. Oher was then switched to RT (I didn't watch all of his snaps) but he gave up 1 sack (bullrushed like a child at RT) and then on another occasion his man ran a stunt and sacked Joe early in the 1st. Every block McKinnie made in pass pro looked comfortable and sadly he can't be moved because he's such a massive human being. Oher, even on his good blocks looked off balance getting over powered several times. In the run game McKinnie looked average, but Oher was nothing special either. McKinnie pancaked Michael Johnson and Malaluga on seperate occasions.

When watching games i really don't key in and focus on lineman so during the game when McKinnie gave up the sack, my immediate reaction was "ohh that's why that piece of lazy trash doesn't play." But I went back and my opinion on his play has done a complete 180. Ellerbe once was in the doghouse and now look at his impact. McKinnie may be a lazy individual but he is significantly better than Michael Oher at LT. I know this is one game, but we've seen plenty of wonderful strip sacks this season from Oher. Anyone who still has the game recorded please take a look and tell me what you think.

Btw don't watch Osemele on the first 2-3 drives, he whiffs about 4 times Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JROD82891 wrote:
McKinnie vs Oher

I just went back and watched all of McKinnie's snaps from this game and IMO he only missed 3 blocks the entire game, one leading to a sack. I watched Michael Oher miss 2 blocks on the first 2 drives. Oher was then switched to RT (I didn't watch all of his snaps) but he gave up 1 sack (bullrushed like a child at RT) and then on another occasion his man ran a stunt and sacked Joe early in the 1st. Every block McKinnie made in pass pro looked comfortable and sadly he can't be moved because he's such a massive human being. Oher, even on his good blocks looked off balance getting over powered several times. In the run game McKinnie looked average, but Oher was nothing special either. McKinnie pancaked Michael Johnson and Malaluga on seperate occasions.

When watching games i really don't key in and focus on lineman so during the game when McKinnie gave up the sack, my immediate reaction was "ohh that's why that piece of lazy trash doesn't play." But I went back and my opinion on his play has done a complete 180. Ellerbe once was in the doghouse and now look at his impact. McKinnie may be a lazy individual but he is significantly better than Michael Oher at LT. I know this is one game, but we've seen plenty of wonderful strip sacks this season from Oher. Anyone who still has the game recorded please take a look and tell me what you think.

Yeah this was my reaction earlier in the season when I rewatched (some game) later on that he played most of. It was the game where KO went down for about 2 quarters or so... I'm blanking on that game however. I was then forced to agree with sNa that McKinnie didn't look like a turd out there. That being said, it's probably much cheaper to not have him out there depending on his contract. Also Oher/KO are likely the starters next season unless the front office places more importance in the LT spot than I think they will (though I hope they do... and I hope they go for Eric Fisher... though I hear good things about some of the other LT guys like Oboushi.. and from what I've seen of him he looks like he could be an elite pass protector/average run blocker at the next level. If we kick KO inside to LG and with how dominant he is in the running game... it shouldn't matter much.

What I'd really like to know about Oher however is if he looks better as a pass protector on the right side than on the left. Because last season that wasn't really the case... I thought he looked average to below last season whereas this season he's at least had some games where he's shutdown some automatic pass rushers and that raises his overall performance to above average or so on the season.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JROD82891 wrote:
McKinnie vs Oher

You just described Oher and McKinnie's madden ratings to a T, lol. McKinnie is great pass blocking, average run blocking whereas Oher is horrible at pass pro and good at rub blocking.

Hmmmm...weird, looks like I was right about McKinnie all along...strange! Oh well, I'm not the coach, and I'm gonna sit here and act like I know everything, but I've said it for 3 years that Oher shouldn't be on the left side and I still stand by the notion that McKinnie is better at LT than Oher ever was and ever will be, no matter how big/lazy/slow he is, he doesn't allow as many sacks as Oher does. I'm a fan of results, not "how it looks".

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
Integrity

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot to mention the play where McKinnie tackled Bernard Pierce. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:

Hey, even when he has no clue what's going on he still does it better than Oher Cool

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
JROD82891

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Integrity wrote:

Hey, even when he has no clue what's going on he still does it better than Oher Cool

Lmao, yea I didn't chalk that up as a missed block because he got to the second level, but then for some reason he turned around and put a mean NBA screen on Pierce. (I guess he thought the play was over)

The majority of times McKinnie would get to the second level he'd block a man and drive him 2-3 yards. Oher did a better job getting out to the 2nd level faster but I counted 4 occasions where he just couldn't make up his mind on which defender to block and the play would blow up because of his missed assignment. I don't know if McKinnie was just trying to play out of his mind for a contract next year, but I didn't see that big of a difference in the run game, for us to be sitting here suffering from Ohers [inappropriate/removed] poor pass protection.

For the record, I think Demarcus Ware HAD to have partied to much the night before the Dallas game!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://russellstreetreport.com/filmstudy-regressing-to-unmean-offensive-line-model-notes-vs-cin-123012/

I don't usually put a ton of stock into his offensive line grades but I think McKusick was pretty close this week. Everybody was bad with the slight exception to Birk and Gradkowski.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: