Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

*** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 2 Rounds - Updated 1/24 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrendous for the Steelers.

We pass on Mingo and Jones for an OG? That's not a need right now. OLB is; big time.

Why are we taking a RB in the second? No thanks. If we resign Mendenhall, there's no need for a RB. Even if we don't, we have much bigger needs.

As for Denard Robinson, get out; now. If he's picked before the 7th round, that specific franchise needs to be put under. Robinson will be nothing in the NFL, as anything. Pittsburgh has needs. An "athlete" is not one of them.

We don't even get a NT anywhere here, and only get one LB; in the third round? Horrible for the Steelers.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Re: *** 2013 NFL Mock Draft - 4 Rounds - Updated 12/31 *** Reply with quote

LeGarrettsBlunt wrote:
]

Round 1:

17. Pittsburgh Steelers - Jarvis Jones DE/OLB

Round 2:

48. Pittsburgh Steelers Larry Warford, OG

Round 3:

79. Pittsburgh Steelers - DJ Swearinger, S

Round 4:

112. Pittsburgh Steelers -Tarvarres King, WR

If I had to pick from the players available.

This is a draft I'd see the Steelers going with. The OL for all their injuries and inconsistent play has been above the line this year. With a full year DDC, Adams and Beachum could easily round out that line.

J. Harrison possible departure could leave a huge void in the pass rush Jarvis Jones outside of D. Moore is the best in this draft.

Larry Warford is exetremely underrated because of how bad the Wildcats have played this season. But he consistently open up holes for the opposing RBs.

Swearinger plays just like Troy from a reckless but controlled stand point and could do well from a year or two of tutelage under Polamalu.

Tarvarres King is very underrated WR and with Mike Wallaces possible departure the Steelers will need to fill that deep threat role. King is second in the nation in YPC.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20. Chicago Bears - Jake Matthews, OT
50. Chicago Bears - Khaseem Greene, LB
114. Chicago Bears - Gavin Escobar, TE

Only complaint is we dont trade down to get an extra pick or two. These are solid picks for us.
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
20. Chicago Bears - Jake Matthews, OT
50. Chicago Bears - Khaseem Greene, LB
114. Chicago Bears - Gavin Escobar, TE

Only complaint is we dont trade down to get an extra pick or two. These are solid picks for us.

I rarely predict trades in my mocks because they are hard to project. The only times I've predicted a trade in my mock was when St. Louis was shopping the #2 pick last year.

2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
joutman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this scenario Buffalo should take Jarvis Jones in the first, Deandre HoPkins in the second. EJ Manuel in the 3rd. I like Robie in the 4th but I think he will go in the 3rd.[/code]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a chance that the Redskins pick Dallas Thomas with Jordan Poyer on the board and needing more secondary help than anything else. If anything our OL has been the best unit this year.

Poyer and Rambo would be a nice duo, and I wouldnt even care if you gave us Kevin Reddick in the 4th.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
Bobikus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Mingo falls that far, but even if the Steelers pass on Jarvis because of the odds his condition shortens his career, they would take Mingo or Banks if available before another guard.

I'm good with a mid-round QB, although not sure on Manuel. We do need to really improve our backup QB situation though.
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with changes to all four rounds.

Also make sure to check out my 2014 NFL Mock Draft

jerb2011

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terrible mock for New England. Their needs in order:
1 DL/SS
2 SS/DL
3 WR

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude you was so close to having one of the best Falcons drafts on this site with the new update.

You absolutely killed it on 3 picks for the new falcons selections.

Jenkins at DT - Love this dude as a player and he provides us with that nasty run stopper in the middle + could help us do 3-4 looks nolan likes to run. A+ pick for me and value

Okafer at DE - Good lord what value here for a guy i would even be ok with in the 1st round for us. Biggest position of need at DE for us with a could be stud player to learn under Abraham plus amazing value here. A+ pick

Randle at RB - He is one of my top 3 or 4 RB's in this draft and im ok taking him in the 2nd to 3rd round much less 4th round where we stole him. Plus a huge need. A+ on this pick

The only pick you completly whiffed on was the CB/S pick again. Like last time i explained that just isn't a position of need at either position really. Our secondary is loaded with talent at this point. Maybe next draft or the draft after that we should start looking but for this draft 5th to 7th round sleepers at best.

You need to look at TE there in the 3rd with that pick and Fauria is a mighty fine selection there for us. Heck even to help your draft out if you want to move Randle up to our 3rd round pick at RB and give us a nice TE in the 4th that you like and don't have going anywhere yet that would be good also where ya don't have to hurt anyone else's picks.

Although

Jenkins
Okafer
Fauria
Randle

would be a draft that i don't see how any falcon fan could say isn't a massive upgrade for us with great value and talent at every position of need we have.

That would be an A+ draft from me all around.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley, Woods and Arthur Brown are solid picks for Buffalo
Thunderstruck21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely terrible draft for the chargers.

they will not be taking a QB in the second, Philip Rivers is still very much the guy there and the new coach will be hired with him in mind.

The chargers will not take a WR early, as they are pretty much locked into the group they have now with Floyd, Alexander, Brown, Spurlock, and Meachem. Meachem will most likely be on the team next year given that the team will have to pay him in 2013 regardless if he is on the team or not.

Finally the idea that Antonio Gates is done is ridiculous. Has he fallen off a little bit? yes. but not in the nfl? thats just idiotic. have you watched the chargers at all this year? or did you just look at stats? Anyone who has actually seen the chargers knows Antonio gates is still a viable starting tight end in this league, only problem is that the offensive line has been so bad that Rivers has struggled to get the ball to anyone, let alone Gates. Also the chargers took Ladarius Green last year and they will not draft another one this year.

just so you know the chargers will more than likely target offensive line, both tackle and guard, corner, and olb. not QB, WR, or TE.
ShineOnStar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say "incredible" but I don't want to insult this mock. Love it.
BringinDaPain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the Carolina picks, was hoping to get a OT in the draft somewhere.

2012 DROY Winner - Luke Kuechly 164 tackles, 2 Int, 1 sack, 11 TFLs, 8 PD and 3 Fumble recoveries
Luke Kuechly - 2013 Defensive Player of the Year
LeGarrettsBlunt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First two rounds updated. Rounds 3 and 4 will brb.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2014 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 8 of 18

Jump to: