Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pray to the Lord we do not lose Sully
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wright to be released by spring
http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8684:&Itemid=15
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Wright to be released by spring
http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8684:&Itemid=15

This would be the obvious move to make.

No way he he worth even close to the amount he signed for.

Pretty sure some of that money goes towards signing either Grimes, DRC or Jenkins when fa opens up.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
Looks like we are losing another offensive coach.

https://twitter.com/coachingsearch/status/287041433985236992

Quote:
ESPN's Brett McMurphy is reporting FIU will hire Tampa Bay Bucs quarterbacks coach Ron Turner as head coach.

Meh. He didn't really help improve Freeman's lingering issues.

I don't know if I agree with that, but either way it would have been nice to keep some offensive continuity for a change.

EDIT: I'll also add that with Fleck and Turner gone it seems like a shoe in that John McNulty will be hired to one of those two vacated positions.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1326/chiefs-defense

Quote:
NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah suggests that Monte Kiffin could land in Kansas City as the Chiefs' defensive coordinator in 2013.

This isn't Bucs news but I found it interesting.

Some would say we need a new defensive coordinator...

YoungBucs15

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah suggests that Monte Kiffin could land in Kansas City as the Chiefs' defensive coordinator in 2013.

He can go to KC for all it's worth. He is unable to change any scheme to address the offense. Love the guy for what he did here but if he's anything like he was at USC, i don't want that guy. I wish his son would leave USC as well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YoungBucs15 wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

He can go to KC for all it's worth. He is unable to change any scheme to address the offense. Love the guy for what he did here but if he's anything like he was at USC, i don't want that guy. I wish his son would leave USC as well.

Love monte but I think it's time to hang it up. Plus I think schiano likes to run his own scheme which mixes a lot of man and zone.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ē The Bucs didnít want to play cornerback Eric Wright in the season finale at Atlanta because the team intends to release him at some point in the offseason before the OTAs begin. Tampa Bay didnít want Wright suffering an Achilles tear or a knee injury that would keep him out for the 2013 campaign and force Tampa Bay to be on the hook for the $7.75 million he is scheduled to make in 2013.

ē After restructuring the contracts of wide receiver Vincent Jackson and guard Carl Nicks, Tampa Bay is believed to have in excess of $20 million in salary cap room in 2013. And that's already accounting for signing all of the team's 2013 draft picks and with cornerback Eric Wright's $7.75 million on the books. Tampa Bay could be close to $30 million under the cap by releasing Wright. Bucs general manager Mark Dominik has done a very good job of managing the salary cap over the past two years, although this year's free agent class is nowhere nearly as talented or robust with depth as it was a year ago.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
ē The Bucs didnít want to play cornerback Eric Wright in the season finale at Atlanta because the team intends to release him at some point in the offseason before the OTAs begin. Tampa Bay didnít want Wright suffering an Achilles tear or a knee injury that would keep him out for the 2013 campaign and force Tampa Bay to be on the hook for the $7.75 million he is scheduled to make in 2013.

ē After restructuring the contracts of wide receiver Vincent Jackson and guard Carl Nicks, Tampa Bay is believed to have in excess of $20 million in salary cap room in 2013. And that's already accounting for signing all of the team's 2013 draft picks and with cornerback Eric Wright's $7.75 million on the books. Tampa Bay could be close to $30 million under the cap by releasing Wright. Bucs general manager Mark Dominik has done a very good job of managing the salary cap over the past two years, although this year's free agent class is nowhere nearly as talented or robust with depth as it was a year ago.

Thanks for posting this.

I actually read our numbers situation for next year earlier today. Mind blowing how much money we will have. Throw in Black being let go, there's another $5-6M off of the books.

Mark is a beast. I expect us to make at least one or two big fa signing. I also expect us to be very active come draft time.

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark has done a great job managing the cap. My only issue with him :

He's invested a lot of picks and money in the dline and secondary and we have the worst pass defense and bottom 5 in sacks to show for it.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

He's invested a lot of picks and money in the dline and secondary and we have the worst pass defense and bottom 5 in sacks to show for it.

I'm sure we have much more invested in the ol and the offense. Most of the players you're talking about are very young and/or injured, or about to be released. It's not really a very valid criticism.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Simple. randy Starks and cliff Avril. Problem solved.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if Sully does land a head coaching job if Coach Schiano will try and recruit Norv Turner as OC. Certainly Norv has been a very, very good OC for a long time. I highly doubt he would be able to land another head coaching job, so he would add stability to the coaching staff. Norv was part of the Jimmy Johnson tree just like Butch Davis. Also, his brother is now the former QB coach of the Bucs.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope mike Wallace is looked I to honestly
5nick5

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
Looks like we are losing another offensive coach.

https://twitter.com/coachingsearch/status/287041433985236992

Quote:
ESPN's Brett McMurphy is reporting FIU will hire Tampa Bay Bucs quarterbacks coach Ron Turner as head coach.

Meh. He didn't really help improve Freeman's lingering issues.

I don't know if I agree with that, but either way it would have been nice to keep some offensive continuity for a change.

EDIT: I'll also add that with Fleck and Turner gone it seems like a shoe in that John McNulty will be hired to one of those two vacated positions.

I agree with you on the continuity aspect. I'm really going to miss Fleck though. He brought some much-needed energy and our receivers had great years.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 5 of 100

Jump to: