Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BSH/DRD/SG Official 2013 OFF-Season THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Chiefs must be pissed watching this game. Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
The Chiefs must be pissed watching this game. Laughing

I loled haha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ridiculous how either clowney or bridgewater would go #1 if they were in this years draft

We are ambushing this thread. Should read 2014 tonight not 2013 Laughing

Attention Josh freeman: if your going to be just good enough to get us 5-7 wins please don't just suck all the time so we can have teddy Bridgewater.

Uhh I gotta stop watching this kid bc it's a pipe dream. I'm just amazed with his poise. He doesn't get rattled by pressure. He just steps up delivers or side steps the defender.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I want him but it won't happen. Freeman will get us to at least 7 wins again, probably more if we get some pass defense. (Which makes it weird that I want him replaced by Teddy so bad Think ...these are conflicting times)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Attention Josh freeman: if your going to be just good enough to get us 5-7 wins please don't just suck all the time so we can have teddy Bridgewater.

Uhh I gotta stop watching this kid bc it's a pipe dream. I'm just amazed with his poise. He doesn't get rattled by pressure. He just steps up delivers or side steps the defender.

How bout this for a pipe dream:
Trade freeman and a 2nd to Arizona for Patrick Peterson
Trade down from 13 to like 24 pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd
Draft Xavier Rhodes with that pick
And go with orlovsky starting into the year for major suckage and the road to bridgewater begins

Now THERE is a pipe dream Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharif Floyd did a very good job beating double teams and making plays last night. My only issue with him is he's inconsistent. He disappeared against Florida state. Plus character issues come to question so he may not be a schiano guy.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:

Don't get me wrong I see where you're coming from and judging by where our team is at yes I would do it too

But to say I would do it easily and not even think about it is a little crazy
3 1sts? I would think about it long and hard

About 50% of 1st round picks bust, so it's not that crazy at all. Going back for us you have Barron, Martin, Clayborn, McCoy, Freeman, Talib and Gaines Adams. Assuming Clayborn comes back strong and Barron learns the ropes, that's about a 50% success rate.

Remember when we could have traded like 4 top picks for Calvin Johnson but didn't? All those picks were bad/busts (Adams, Sabby Piscitelli, Quincy Black and Arron Sears).

If Bridgewater is that good I would absolutely trade 3 1sts for him, and it would be an easy decision. The problem is that the Rams trade was a weird situation; they already had Sam Bradford and didn't need RG3. The team picking in the top 2 next time around likely won't have a QB and wouldn't give up the pick for 3 1st rounders.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Sharif Floyd did a very good job beating double teams and making plays last night. My only issue with him is he's inconsistent. He disappeared against Florida state. Plus character issues come to question so he may not be a schiano guy.

What character issues are you referring to? I haven't heard of any with Floyd.

Floyd officially declared for the draft, as did Matt Elam.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Hn my bad. At work so didn't get much time to dig deep into his suspension and character issues that were stated.

He took money from a business man and was suspended but after reading his background damn. I don't blame him.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Hn my bad. At work so didn't get much time to dig deep into his suspension and character issues that were stated.

He took money from a business man and was suspended but after reading his background damn. I don't blame him.

Gotcha. I just read his story myself and I can understand why at first glance you thought that there could be character issues there. Really unique story and situation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Gotcha. I just read his story myself and I can understand why at first glance you thought that there could be character issues there. Really unique story and situation.

Yeah was really impressed by him last night. Seems like even double teaming him was extremely difficult. However I watched the day game and he seemed to disappear a little bit. Maybe was just a bad game but all in all Id definately consider him in rd 2.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

Yeah was really impressed by him last night. Seems like even double teaming him was extremely difficult. However I watched the day game and he seemed to disappear a little bit. Maybe was just a bad game but all in all Id definately consider him in rd 2.

Yeah he's kinda been off and on throughout his career, Gators haven't always played him in the right positions.... have put him at DE before. Plays with a mean streak, good burst off the line and really strong kid. Makes an impact against the run and pass, I think he still has a lot of room to get better. I think he'll be a late first/early second type of pick.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Coach Schiano has been hired, certainly the agressiveness of the organization trying to gather talent thru free agency and the draft has been ramped up significantly.

I really appreciated the Bucs philosophy in the late 90's and the turn of the century identifying a need and doing whatever it took to fill out. Did this philosophy always work? No and there were time where they overpaid to acquire talent. However, I felt good because at least they were trying.

Picking at #13, I believe it is much more likely for the Bucs to trade up for a player then trade back for a player. I'm just wondering if there is any players who will only be available in the top #5, would they do a Julio Jones type deal to get into the top 5?

Jarvis Jones?
Star?
Milliner?
Moore?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 12 of 56

Jump to: