Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. IV: Training Camp in Full Swing!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Hello seahawk fans

Could you explain to me what it is exactly that most of you don't like about Gus Bradley?

I just see a lot of the times you guys wanting him gone

Just curious as to why....I know a lot of other openings have mentioned him for HC candidate.

And good luck this weekend, I hope you demolish them. Wink

I'm sure there are other reasons, but primarily for me - it was the nearly-100% soft zone on passing 3rd downs. Something's changed, though, and it seems that he's started adding some pressure on 3rd down in the second half of this season and I believe it's been part of the "get off the field" improvement we've seen through 2012.

Exhibit A would be our game at Detroit earlier this year - frustrating play calling in concert with poor execution created a debacle. Still nearly won that game, but it was our Defense's worst performance of the year by a fair margin.

TommyC376 on the Sig
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Hello seahawk fans

Could you explain to me what it is exactly that most of you don't like about Gus Bradley?

I just see a lot of the times you guys wanting him gone

Just curious as to why....I know a lot of other openings have mentioned him for HC candidate.

And good luck this weekend, I hope you demolish them. Wink

Our 3rd down defense is terrible and it has little to do with the players. Bradley often calls plays that don't fit the strengths of the defense, such as soft zones on 3rd down when our personnel dictates a heavy press-man scheme.

Overall, he's a good players coach and might be more successful as a HC than a DC for that reason, but he doesn't seem like the smartest guy.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok thanks.....

It seems like Lurie is dead set on an offensive guy...supposedly Chip Kelly.....so I doubt he'd come here.

But figure he'd have a shot to go someplace like Buffalo.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiltman wrote:
Ah ok thanks.....

It seems like Lurie is dead set on an offensive guy...supposedly Chip Kelly.....so I doubt he'd come here.

But figure he'd have a shot to go someplace like Buffalo.

I imagine it'll take one more year of good defensive football for him to get serious looks. A lot of good candidates out there that I'd take over Gus (Gruden/Whiz/Chip/Lovie/Horton/McCoy/etc).
hawksman81

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone should go check out the position rankings by PFF in the general forum. Pretty sweet seeing our players getting recognition!

Russell is ranked T5 for all QBs, Marshawn is ranked 5th (I think he should be higher), Unger is the 3rd ranked C, Wagner is 2nd ranked only behind PWill (the baby willis name is accurate!), and to no surprise Sherm is the #1 CB.

Surprised to not see either of our S in the top 5, Okung not in the top 5, or John Ryan in the top 5.

And Red Bryant is ranked in the bottom 5 for 4-3 DE but that could be skewed since he does not play a traditional role.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-team-cap-space/

I know this is premature, but here's a look at projected NFL cap space heading into this offseason.

Seattle is sitting 13.5M to spend, 5th most in the league behind Eagles, Jaguars, Browns, and Chiefs. Also notable, the 49ers have the least available cap in the league and the only team to have less than 1M to spend.

Also notable, the Bears have 4.2M to spend and they need to retain Henry Melton. The Bills, who need to retain Jarius Byrd and Andy Levitre, have 11.7M to spend which may actually be enough to retain both guys. Chiefs have 13.8M to spend, only 300k more than us, and need to retain Dwayne Bowe and Branden Albert. They might have enough to retain both.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:

I know this is premature, but here's a look at projected NFL cap space heading into this offseason.

Seattle is sitting 13.5M to spend, 5th most in the league behind Eagles, Jaguars, Browns, and Chiefs. Also notable, the 49ers have the least available cap in the league and the only team to have less than 1M to spend.

Also notable, the Bears have 4.2M to spend and they need to retain Henry Melton. The Bills, who need to retain Jarius Byrd and Andy Levitre, have 11.7M to spend which may actually be enough to retain both guys. Chiefs have 13.8M to spend, only 300k more than us, and need to retain Dwayne Bowe and Branden Albert. They might have enough to retain both.

Me likey. Unless his name is Branden Albert, I hope we don't get a big name in FA. I want more of our money to go towards retaining the current players we have.

Longevity, that's the key.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown_Mamba wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Me likey. Unless his name is Branden Albert, I hope we don't get a big name in FA. I want more of our money to go towards retaining the current players we have.

I've reached the point where I would rather have Andy Levitre than Branden Albert.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

I've reached the point where I would rather have Andy Levitre than Branden Albert.
Naw son, naw. Unless Levin is half as expensive, than I agree.

Bookend tackles would be very nice, and Albert is a boss in the run game.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Yea, there's no debating that. But guard is by far the weakest position on the team and you're going to have to invest LT money into Albert. While I'm not completely against that, I'd much rather shore up our weakest spot with a slightly cheaper player (certainly not half as cheap, he's one of the better guards in the league) as opposed to signing a guy to huge money when we already have a capable RT. Levitre is one of the reasons that Bills OLine is one of the best in the league.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

Yea, there's no debating that. But guard is by far the weakest position on the team and you're going to have to invest LT money into Albert. While I'm not completely against that, I'd much rather shore up our weakest spot with a slightly cheaper player (certainly not half as cheap, he's one of the better guards in the league) as opposed to signing a guy to huge money when we already have a capable RT. Levitre is one of the reasons that Bills OLine is one of the best in the league.
Do you think Breno could play guard?

ram29jackson wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

The only reason I don't think it'd be a successful transition is because Breno stands 6'7" and would have little leverage on the inside. He certainly has the mean streak, but I don't think his body would allow him to do it. Just to put it into light, Levitre is 6'2".
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Brown_Mamba wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:

The only reason I don't think it'd be a successful transition is because Breno stands 6'7" and would have little leverage on the inside. He certainly has the mean streak, but I don't think his body would allow him to do it. Just to put it into light, Levitre is 6'2".
Levitre is an ex-center though, no? I'd say the average height of a Guard is 6'4.

His height is my only reservation as well. He's certainly plays more like a Guard than a tackle. I think he'd be good inside height permitting, where as he is merely average outside.

ram29jackson wrote:
imani

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley is a candidate to succeed Andy Reid as the Philadelphia Eagles' head coach.

The Eagles announced they have received permission to interview Bradley next week.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
chpjns15

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Quote:
Seattle Seahawks defensive coordinator Gus Bradley is a candidate to succeed Andy Reid as the Philadelphia Eagles' head coach.

The Eagles announced they have received permission to interview Bradley next week.

Wow, our coordinators are getting a lot of credit for the teams Carroll and Schneider pieced together.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 27 of 100

Jump to: