Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens LB Ray Lewis will sign a mutli-year deal with ESPN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Hat Man wrote:
Another ex jock with no broadcast experience, with no education in broadcasting, and chances are, he didn't have to go through an audition, lands a multi million dollar job he didn't earn.

Another network decides to give a job to someone with no experience in the field that they're going into. How can any young guy that went to college, received a degree in broadcasting, and has paid his dues by working his way up from small markets to larger markets, ever get a job at any network when all they do is give special treatment to unqualified ex jocks?

Networks like ESPN show they're not about hiring the best, they're just about hiring the most popular.

ESPN has become the sports version of E! Network.

This post has more fail in it than Mark Sanchez could ever hope for.

...this is why the "93% of me that doesn't like you" exists. What exactly does your comment bring, outside of painting "Tim Tebow levels of fail" to you?

There are some of us who can break down what he is saying and point out his fallacies. There are those who like to anger and incite. I know what side of the discussion I'm on.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Hat Man wrote:
Another ex jock with no broadcast experience, with no education in broadcasting, and chances are, he didn't have to go through an audition, lands a multi million dollar job he didn't earn.

Another network decides to give a job to someone with no experience in the field that they're going into. How can any young guy that went to college, received a degree in broadcasting, and has paid his dues by working his way up from small markets to larger markets, ever get a job at any network when all they do is give special treatment to unqualified ex jocks?

Networks like ESPN show they're not about hiring the best, they're just about hiring the most popular.

This post has more fail in it than Mark Sanchez could ever hope for.

...this is why the "93% of me that doesn't like you" exists. What exactly does your comment bring, outside of painting "Tim Tebow levels of fail" to you?

There are some of us who can break down what he is saying and point out his fallacies. There are those who like to anger and incite. I know what side of the discussion I'm on.

It's pretty obvious what his fails are - he'd rather see someone who's a broadcasting major with probably very limited or zero football background talk about football than Ray Lewis - someone who's spent his entire life around football, is regarded as one of the smartest players to ever play ILB, and is well-respected by just about everyone. I, personally, would rather listen to a guy like Ray Lewis talk about football, rather than someone who doesn't know the difference between a 3-technique and a 5-technique or what a wide-9 is.

I don't have to break down people's comments and why they fail in every post I make, although usually I try to, or at least when I feel like it. Other times I just say people fail (when it's very obvious what the fail is) and let others break it down. Pretty simple logic, if you think about it. Laughing

But who I am I kidding, I ain't trying to impress anyone, especially you. You've made it abundantly clear you don't like me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what he's saying, I see where he's coming from. However I do think that playing in the NFL for 17 years also gives you the right to take a job like that and do it well.

Not to mention I'm sure ESPN will run him through some classes. Kinda sounds like some are jealous that he gets to talk football and it'd be a dream job for some here -- but thank God I don't have to listen to anyone from FF on Sundays. Laughing

"Well, I can't see why any team would draft in the first 4 rounds. Those players will eventually end up injured."

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets

Last edited by BenchSanchez on Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
I understand what he's saying, I see where he's coming from. However I do think that playing in the NFL for 17 years also gives you the right to take a job like that and do it well.

Not to mention I'm sure ESPN will run him through some classes. Kinda sounds like some are jealous that he gets to talk football and it'd be a dream job for some here -- but thank God I don't have to listen to anyone from FF on Sundays. Laughing

I understand that as well, and yeah for me talking about football would be a dream job, but I'm not qualified, and never could hope to be as qualified as someone like Ray Lewis is.

I would almost guarantee they give him some sort of class. Idk if this is a good example or not, but my buddy's dad is in the fire department and was recently promoted and his new position grants him the right to carry a 9mm around. So now that he has a pistol, the fire dept. set him up with like a 2 week or so training course to get him up to speed on how to use the pistol, take down maneuvers in hand-to-fighting, and so on and so forth. I could probably imagine the same scenario would be applicable to Ray Lewis, in that they'll give him just like basic training on how to be on TV and such.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like it a lot, but it's gonna be weird seeing him in a suit.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
But who I am I kidding, I ain't trying to impress anyone, especially you.

Yes you do. Very Happy

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Yes you do. Very Happy

Do I want you to not hate me? Sure. Am I trying to impress you? No. Cool

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Yes you do. Very Happy

...I'm proud of you, SnA. Very Happy

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Yes you do. Very Happy

...I'm proud of you, SnA. Very Happy

Sigged.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good hiring. Gonna be awesome listening to his analysis.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray's act is going to get old, quick.
He'll be cool for a week then get stale.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he's not half as obnoxious as Deion Sanders or Michael Irvin.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised by his move to join a network. Hopefully he can do analysis as good as he played!

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hat Man wrote:

Did you expect it to be different.

When I tune in to listen to people talk about football, who are we going to take opinions from? Some dude that worked his way up and knows the game from observation, or the guy that played for years at the highest level?

The only thing broadcasting majors should be complaining about is their decision to become broadcasting majors in the first place.
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
LostRoadStone wrote:
I think that would be a lot of fun. He's an entertaining character, and he also has one of the highest football IQ's ever.

ESPN will find a way to ruin him.

Should of joined the NFL Network.

Let's hope it's the other way around and Ray Lewis scares the idiots out of ESPN... Laughing

Bill Parcells nearly did it. I know there were a few times where Stuart Scott was about to say something dumb, then Scott's lazy eye caught Parcells glaring at him, so he shut up.

Ray Lewis vs Skip Bayless on First Take. Ray Ray gets SO angry with the Tebow love that he takes Bayless and goes all Clowney on him.

I remember Parcells doing that Laughing . And I like that last bit regarding Clowney, ET.

That Clowney hit is the reason my son will never play football. There are some humans who have no other purpose other than to maim other human beings. Clowney is that guy for this generation.

Onto this story - I can see a weekly show with Ray Lewis, Herm Edwards, Brian Dawkins and Suzy Kolber being entertaining. Just a weekly recap of all the big hits from the week, and whether or not the NFL is going to fine someone. Kolber would be there to keep the peace, but the reality is that she will be ignored about two minutes into the show - it would be Ray, Herm and Dawk, all screaming and chest bumping and yelling and dancing for 30 minutes.

I'd watch that 30 minutes.

Hell I'd pay money to watch it.

Wish he would have gone to NFLN but people from both networks have switched them enough that I can see it happening eventually anyway.

Ray is going to be awesome in studio.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: