Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The first WR to 1000 yards since TO watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clarkfn2284

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
LANiner wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
It's too bad that other fella didn't get his season record..

His teamates didn't hold enough..

I feel like a Rams fan Laughing

There's been plenty of holding. Offensive holding, that is. But those have never been called either. But you should know about offensive holding penalties, don't you? Isn't Okung one of the most penalized player in the NFL? I guess when you can't win fair and square, cheating is the next logical step. Wink

The Seachickens know about holding alright them CB hold on to wr for dear life lockdown cb in deed
Indeed. It never get's called, so maybe it really isn't a foul?

FIFY by the way. Wink

no, im pretty sure that a seachicken is a fowl

okie dokie!!! He only had 1200 rec yards at 40, but he clearly isnt as good as it appears.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
I'm doing Crabtree's stats after the Rams tie game

Bears - 3 for 31 yds 1TD
Saints - 3 for 26 yds
Rams - 7 for 101 yds
Dolphins - 9 for 93 yds
Pats - 7 for 107 yds 2 TDs
Seahawks - 4 for 65 yds
Cards - 8 for 172 yds 2TDs

So since the switch he has 595 and 5 TDs, which is 85 yds a game. This is over 7 games with Kaep.

Before the switch excluding the tie as well:

Packers - 7 for 76 yds
Lions - 6 for 67 yds
Vikes - 6 for 40 yds
Jets - 2 for 15 yds
Bills - 6 for 113 1 TD
Giants - 3 for 26 yds
Seahawks - 4 for 31 yds
Cards - 5 for 72 2 TDs

So with Alex he was 440 and 3 TDs which is 55 yds per game over 8 games.

The tie Crabs had 5 for 70 yards and a TD. I'm not going to break that down.

Crabtree had 4 catches for like 58 yards with Smith before the QB switch. He was definitely picking it up with Smith as he had three TDs in the last five quarters.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should look at his numbers again. Half the games Crabs barely had over 60 yards. Everyone made excuses for Smith on why he wasn't good. No line, no WRs... we got Crabs and VD for Smith. You realize how many QBs would kill for those weapons? I think once Kaep gets more games in and after the offseason we will see a badass offense here. Everything is here for any QB to succeed. Crabs is blowing up with Kaep now and I'm sure he was one of the ones lobbying for Kaep and now it's paying off.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Miami49er

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Maybe you should look at his numbers again. Half the games Crabs barely had over 60 yards. Everyone made excuses for Smith on why he wasn't good. No line, no WRs... we got Crabs and VD for Smith. You realize how many QBs would kill for those weapons? I think once Kaep gets more games in and after the offseason we will see a badass offense here. Everything is here for any QB to succeed. Crabs is blowing up with Kaep now and I'm sure he was one of the ones lobbying for Kaep and now it's paying off.
yea I'm 100% sure Crabs was lobbying for Kap to start. I didn't see it but I read that Crabs and Kap was at the press conference together and you can tell there's a much better relationship between the 2. I wish I can find the link but I read that Crabs took a subtle swipe at Alex by saying he wasn't given opportunities to make plays last year in the NFCCG. At this point the only person who might not like the switch is VD.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
yea I'm 100% sure Crabs was lobbying for Kap to start. I didn't see it but I read that Crabs and Kap was at the press conference together and you can tell there's a much better relationship between the 2. I wish I can find the link but I read that Crabs took a subtle swipe at Alex by saying he wasn't given opportunities to make plays last year in the NFCCG. At this point the only person who might not like the switch is VD.

Yeah, Crab complained right after the NFCCG. What he forgot to say is that he had 4-5 drops in the previous game. If you want opportunities, you just have to earn them.

I'm pretty sure Crabtree would have done a press conference with Alex too if he had been on a hot streak. What it shows is just the he's happy right now. Keep him productive and he will remain happy. In the meantime, I don't see VD doing it. That's another guy we should try to make happy.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Miami49er

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Yeah, Crab complained right after the NFCCG. What he forgot to say is that he had 4-5 drops in the previous game. If you want opportunities, you just have to earn them.

I'm pretty sure Crabtree would have done a press conference with Alex too if he had been on a hot streak. What it shows is just the he's happy right now. Keep him productive and he will remain happy. In the meantime, I don't see VD doing it. That's another guy we should try to make happy.
so because Crabs had some drops in the previous round he doesn't get targeted at all the most important game of the season and he's your #1 receiver? Look at how many times Delanie screwed up and Kap keeps coming back to him. You have to trust your guys to make plays and Alex doesn't. When San Fran played Green Bay in the game with The Catch 2, TO dropped like 10 balls that game and Young kept throwing to him. There's reason the receivers prefer Kap. Manningham became much more of a playmaker with Kap because catch actually threw him the ball whereas with Alex he was nonexistent.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

so because Crabs had some drops in the previous round he doesn't get targeted at all the most important game of the season and he's your #1 receiver? Look at how many times Delanie screwed up and Kap keeps coming back to him. You have to trust your guys to make plays and Alex doesn't. When San Fran played Green Bay in the game with The Catch 2, TO dropped like 10 balls that game and Young kept throwing to him. There's reason the receivers prefer Kap. Manningham became much more of a playmaker with Kap because catch actually threw him the ball whereas with Alex he was nonexistent.

Mario actually had more catches per game with Alex than with Kap. There were drives Manningham would be the only guy he'd throw to. I don't think Alex favored or disfavored anyone. He simply took what the defense gave him. So, while I agree that Kap is a better passer than Alex, and the stats support that claim in some regards. Kap has thrown for 20 more yards per game, give or take. But in the meantime, we've rushed 40 fewer yards per game. We've punted more. Time of possession has diminished. Our defense has been on the field more. So I maintain that our offense hasn't been as efficient with Kap, and that has a ripple effect on the rest of the team's performance.

And Crabtree whining after the championship game.. I can't take his side and blame it on the QB. It wasn't QB play that sunk us in that game. It's the oh-so-usual change of offensive gameplan midway through the 3rd quarter, something we're far too familiar with by now. If we had kept running the ball, we would have won easily. And incidentally, Crabtree wouldn't have been targetted more. And at point, last year, Crabtree wasn't our #1 receiving option. VD was.

My question now is this: if Crabtree had only had 3 catches for 27 yards against the Cards, would we be having this discussion, or are people just infatuated with 1000 yards receivers? Yes, he is our #1 receiver, and a great one in my opinion. But if he only gets 900 yards next year, some bandwagonners here will go back to calling him a bust. He was on pace for 900 yards with Alex. So, you know what the difference can be between a lowly 900 yards receiver and a studly 1000 yards receiver? A good game.

Miami49er

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stand corrected on Manningham. And the thing is he didn't have 3 rec for 27 yards. He had a huge game a lot of that was Kap throwing him te ball and some of the catches were passes Alex wouldn't dare to make.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miami49er wrote:
I stand corrected on Manningham. And the thing is he didn't have 3 rec for 27 yards. He had a huge game a lot of that was Kap throwing him te ball and some of the catches were passes Alex wouldn't dare to make.

I'm talking about the difference in perception. Would there be as much of a defense of Crab if he had fallen short of the 1000 yards mark? I'm just trying to be consistent here. I'm not absolving him of being a whiny little girl after the playoffs last year, just because he had 1105 yards this year. Just like I wasn't dismissing him as a tremendously talented receiver just because he had bad playoffs. You can go through the last four years of this board, and I dare you to find a post in which I said Crabtree shouldn't be our #1 receiver. I've always had faith in him. I'm just consistent. What I was saying about Kap, in this instance, it's that the two of them showing up together at a press conference doesn't necessarily means they have a great relationship. It simply means Crabtree is happy. If he had gotten 1000 yards with Alex, he would have done the same. When he struggled, he avoided the media at all cost. Now that he's playing well, he shows up.

Miami49er

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's what I'm saying. A receiver is happy with whoever can get him the ball because his play is 100% dependent on the qb. And Kap is feeding him the ball. Hes been singing Kap's praises since Kap went under center. he's never sung those praises for Alex. I believe there was rumblings that Crabtree never really cared for Alex as his qb since he was drafted.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:

3rd and 6 at SF 36 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short left to M.Crabtree pushed ob at SF 48 for 12 yards (Q.Pointer). Caught at SF 39. 9-yds YAC

3rd and 15 at SF 38 (Shotgun) A.Smith pass short middle to M.Crabtree to SL 48 for 14 yards (C.Dahl, C.Finnegan). Caught at SF 42. 10-yds YAC Measurement indicate ball short of first down.

1st and 10 at STL 47 A.Smith pass short middle to M.Crabtree to SL 28 for 19 yards (Q.Mikell). Caught at SL 32. 4-yds YAC

A.Smith pass short middle to M.Crabtree for 14 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Caught at SL 8. 8-yds YAC

4 catches 59 yards 1 TD with Smith.....................................

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:

Sure, Crabtree was at blame as well but he deserved a chance to get a ball when he had one on one. He was saying just because a WR isn't WIDE open, doesn't mean you can't throw it. Now, like you stated, the game prior he played like trash dropping three balls.

As for him lobbying Kaepernick to start? He has stated in every interview both QBs are his boys and wouldn't talk bad about either one. Crabs stated on ESPN he will roll and support with either man.

Does he like Kaepernick better as an buddy? Absolutely, he's not a regular QB and goes out with the fellas much more than others.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_BQDY78y4U

Nice vid!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_BQDY78y4U

Nice vid!

LOL @ the dance with Walker at the end.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
LOL @ the dance with Walker at the end.

Laughing

That is their pregame ritual.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: