Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

REDandPEWTER's End of Season FULL OFFSEASON Predictions 1.0

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7839
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: REDandPEWTER's End of Season FULL OFFSEASON Predictions 1.0 Reply with quote

Tampa Bay Bucs Current Free Agents:
- S Ronde Barber UFA
- RB LeGarrette Blount RFA
- TE Dallas Clark UFA
- G Roger Allen RFA
- DE Michael Bennett UFA
- CB E.J. Biggers UFA
- LB Jacob Cutrera UFA
- LS Andrew Economos UFA
- CB Danny Gorrer UFA
- G/T Derek Hardman UFA
- DT Corvey Irvin UFA
- DT Roy Miller UFA
- WR Roscoe Parrish UFA
- LB Nathan Triplett UFA
- C Cody Wallace UFA
- RB Danny Ware UFA

Re-Sign:-
DT Roy Miller:
G Roger Allen: RFA Tender
RB Danny Ware
LS Andrew Economos
LB Jacob Cutrera
TE Dallas Clark


Retire:-

S Ronde Barber

Coaching Changes:
- Fires DC Bill Sheridan. Hires Seattle Seahawks DBs coach Kris Richard as the new playcaller. Get us back to good ol fashion Buc Ball, learning under former Buc Gus Bradley.




We currently, before any off-season Signing, are at 115 million next year, just a little over 5 million under the salary cap.


Cap Casualties/Cuts:
CB Eric Wright: Worst Signing ever. Enough said. Glad his stupidity relieves us of any cap hit.

P Michael Koenen:
No punter in the NFL is worth 3.25 mil a year. Hasnít really been impressive either.

LB Quincy Black: Hard to do this with his injury, but I canít see us paying him 6 million next year.

CB Myron Lewis: Bust.

WR Arrellious Benn: Bust


Off-Season Signings:



CB Mike Jenkins: 5 yrs . : Jenkins returns back to Tampa and regains his starting gig. Physical CB who can tackle and bump and run. Something Schiano will love.


DT Glenn Dorsey : 2 years: Dorsey gets back to a familiar system in the 4-3 and get Gerald McCoy that help next to him.


RB Chris Ivory: 2 years: Martin needs someone to help carry the load. Ivory is that power back you need.

NFL Draft: After a 6-10 record. The Bucs, if all goes to plan, Bucs will be picking top 7.



1st Round: Demantre Moore DE Texas AM: Since weíre picking top 7, we get a shot at Moore. Moore is a pure pass rusher who you can line up in a 3 point stance and standing up. Strong, fast, reminds me a blend of Demarcus Ware/Aldon Smith, who has been successful at both 3-4 OLB and even better at 4-3 DE.

2nd Round: Logan Ryan CB Rutgers: Ryan is a very physical cover corner who does a great job of jamming WRs off their routes, playing the ball in the air, and not gambling very often. Very willing tackler as well. Something Schiano is familiar with. What drops him to early round 2 is the fact he hasnít shown this against a top flight WR.



3rd Round: Gerald Hodges LB Penn State: Very instinctive LB that can replace Quincy Black on the Strong side. Has the ability to play all 3 LB positions as well. Could take snaps away from Foster if he continues to struggle in Nickel packages.


4th Round: Landry Jones QB Oklahoma: Many will hate this pick but this is great value here. Jones has all the skills to become a very good NFL QB. This is Josh Freemans wake up call. I compare Jones similar to a Matt Schaub. At worst, this is a great pick in terms of long term back up value. At least he can push Josh Freeman to know, hey, you better step up or someone can take your job.


4th Round Via new England: Brian Winters T Kent State: Winters has shown pure strength and dominance this year in both the run game and pass protection.


5th Round: Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio State: Solid all around TE who can become a good blocker and has very good hands. Reminds me of a poor mans Dallas Clark, but slightly better blocker. His route running has improved.


6th Round: John Boyett S Oregon
: This could end up being a steal. Solid Safety whos good in coverage and run support. Might have gone higher if it werenít for the season ending injury.


7th Round: Nigel Malone CB Kansas State: Add some depth to the roster. Nice ball skills and instincts to get in as a 4th cb.

UDFA: P Jeff Locke UCLA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buccaneer Bruce


Joined: 20 Nov 2007
Posts: 237
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: REDandPEWTER's End of Season FULL OFFSEASON Predictions Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Tampa Bay Bucs Current Free Agents:
Cap Casualties/Cuts:
CB Eric Wright: Worst Signing ever.
[i]




Alvin Harper on line 2. Eric Wright should be back next year,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsEST96


Joined: 22 Sep 2009
Posts: 2217
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worse signing ever , Derrick ward.

Not bad. I dig it. Would more some speed at WR for an A+
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
YoungBucs15


Joined: 14 Jan 2009
Posts: 3811
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like some of the picks, not sold that we will release Michael but who knows.

We are also projected to have a lot more cap room than that. As the cap should be around 120 and we have carry over from this year. Guesses are we will be around 15 mil. of cap space. I would love to see us either extend McCoy's contract to a more cap friendly number for this year but more so next. Along with the wright contract if released puts us with an additional 7.75mil
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Calibucsfan


Joined: 05 Sep 2011
Posts: 3386
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, you got Barber,Blount and Bennet walking? Harsh
_________________

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DaRealdeal


Moderator
Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 9085
Location: Jamison. on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like a stretch to see Kris Richard as a DC right now. He's only been coaching for a handful of years and he hasn't coached anything other than DBs. If we dump Sheridan I want to hire a DC with some actual experience as a play caller. Richard is a promising young coach, but I would much prefer someone with a successful track record as a play caller.

Otherwise it's a solid mock. Ivory is cool, but he's too one-dimensional and injury prone for me.
_________________


Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13701
Location: Montrťal
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the draft.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1862
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only gripe is that you failed to address the RT position. Dotson has been exposed, and a 4th round rookie isn't going to make me feel better at that spot. I would say TB would have to sign a vet tackle and I absolutely hate the idea of taking a 2 down linebacker in the first 3 rounds. But, if the guy can snaps away from Foster I'll take Hodges. Would strongly suggest adding some better competition at RT via free agency.

Moore is a pipe-dream at #7. I will be surprised if he isn't being taken in the top 5 but who knows. I just find it unlikely the best pass rusher 3-4 or 43 falls - maybe he tests bad at the combine or something. But with teams that need pass rushers worse than us (OAK, JAX, TEN, BUF) don't see it occurring. I do like the Ryan pick a lot and the FA pick-ups.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7839
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
My only gripe is that you failed to address the RT position. Dotson has been exposed, and a 4th round rookie isn't going to make me feel better at that spot. I would say TB would have to sign a vet tackle and I absolutely hate the idea of taking a 2 down linebacker in the first 3 rounds. But, if the guy can snaps away from Foster I'll take Hodges. Would strongly suggest adding some better competition at RT via free agency.

Moore is a pipe-dream at #7. I will be surprised if he isn't being taken in the top 5 but who knows. I just find it unlikely the best pass rusher 3-4 or 43 falls - maybe he tests bad at the combine or something. But with teams that need pass rushers worse than us (OAK, JAX, TEN, BUF) don't see it occurring. I do like the Ryan pick a lot and the FA pick-ups.


Understandably but I've seen Dotson play well most times and I don't see us breaking the bank for a vet RT. I still think a lot of problems with pressure is freeman holds the ball too long. No line is going to provide a clean pocket consistently. I think getting Joseph and nicks back immedialtey improves the line.

You could be right with Moore but I'm seeig mixed scouting reports. It's only the first mock of te season. Definately going to change. Moore has been mocked from the 3-8 range. I will say this: I think we go BPA bc I'm not sure CB is worthy of a top 10 selection.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Soul Glo


Joined: 22 Nov 2009
Posts: 2806
Location: FL
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love Moore but we won't get him most likely, there is a big chance we will not even be picking top ten. But I like the concept BPA in the first and a guy like Ryan in the second would not be bad at all. Do not want a LB that early, offense desperately could use a athletic TE or a underneath slot guy. Wouldn't mind hate to get a QB to push Free, don't know if I would wanna use a pick in the fourth or not... the FO would have to love him. Jones has some tools, but not the biggest fan of his. I like the last few picks to end the draft, overall very solid mock R&P.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7839
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
I'd love Moore but we won't get him most likely, there is a big chance we will not even be picking top ten. But I like the concept BPA in the first and a guy like Ryan in the second would not be bad at all. Do not want a LB that early, offense desperately could use a athletic TE or a underneath slot guy. Wouldn't mind hate to get a QB to push Free, don't know if I would wanna use a pick in the fourth or not... the FO would have to love him. Jones has some tools, but not the biggest fan of his. I like the last few picks to end the draft, overall very solid mock R&P.


We are currently slated to pick 11/12 and that's without tiebreakers. Bucs lose is almost a guarantee top 10 bc we'd get a higher pick with the weakest SOS.

Jake stoneburner is vastly underrated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
indifference


Joined: 08 Nov 2010
Posts: 1862
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
indifference wrote:
My only gripe is that you failed to address the RT position. Dotson has been exposed, and a 4th round rookie isn't going to make me feel better at that spot. I would say TB would have to sign a vet tackle and I absolutely hate the idea of taking a 2 down linebacker in the first 3 rounds. But, if the guy can snaps away from Foster I'll take Hodges. Would strongly suggest adding some better competition at RT via free agency.

Moore is a pipe-dream at #7. I will be surprised if he isn't being taken in the top 5 but who knows. I just find it unlikely the best pass rusher 3-4 or 43 falls - maybe he tests bad at the combine or something. But with teams that need pass rushers worse than us (OAK, JAX, TEN, BUF) don't see it occurring. I do like the Ryan pick a lot and the FA pick-ups.


Understandably but I've seen Dotson play well most times and I don't see us breaking the bank for a vet RT. I still think a lot of problems with pressure is freeman holds the ball too long. No line is going to provide a clean pocket consistently. I think getting Joseph and nicks back immedialtey improves the line.

You could be right with Moore but I'm seeig mixed scouting reports. It's only the first mock of te season. Definately going to change. Moore has been mocked from the 3-8 range. I will say this: I think we go BPA bc I'm not sure CB is worthy of a top 10 selection.
Dotson has been getting worse as the season comes to an end. And the passing game is dictated to deep routes which takes time to develop so time is important. I agree Joseph will help back but I'd feel much better with some competition at RT. Tampa doesn't have to break the bank on a savvy RT. Those come relatively cheap nowadays - I'm not asking for Jake Long more like Andre Smith, Rashard Butler, etc...type B players.

I agree with the bold. What about the Bucs possibly landing a stud DT in the top 8?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thejedi41


Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 419
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree we will get rid of Wright. Perhaps, we can restructure Koenen? I'm hoping we keep the coaching staff intact. We need serious CB help! I love your thoughts on free agents especially Jenkins and Dorsey. If Ivory would consider a secondary role, (not sure if he would) but, if so it would be perfect! Can we trade Blount? Is he under contract.
Draft should go
1st Rd#13 Rhodes CB
2nd Rd (Wish List) Trade up for Kaseem Greene (Trade Blount?) or a 4th
or
2nd Vaccaro FS
3rd Brennan Willliams OT
4th Nico Johnson ILB or best CB available if we get Greene
4th Landry Jones QB
5th Stoneburner TE
6th & 7th DT, KR CB Depth
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeGarrettsBlunt


Joined: 11 Dec 2010
Posts: 931
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But we pick #13 not #7...

Here's to hoping Milliner falls to us.
_________________


2014 NFL Mock Draft - Updated 12/30
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 7839
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeGarrettsBlunt wrote:
But we pick #13 not #7...

Here's to hoping Milliner falls to us.


This was made 2 weeks ago. Obviously in editing it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group