Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Munchak is...........safe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

Who cares if your QB showed promise his rookie year? He started his sophomore year and looked like garbage. We have CSIII and Justin Blackmon, is that not young talent?
Don't pretend like you don't support an absolutely atrocious football team. Just because you're a little offended by the fact that some people enjoy the failure of your franchise doesn't mean you have to go into denial.

So your young talent consists of 2 players.. at a position that needs a QB to maximize their talent, lol.

I'd say showing something is better than showing how dreadfully bad you can be in 25 games before getting benched for Chad Henne.

Does it matter who's QB is better when both suck? Gabbert lead us to the number 2 pick.
But, just for reference, Gabbert and Henne>Locker
Oh yeah and Hasselbeck>Locker still.

Poz- 68 comb tackles, 1 sack 2 int
Henne- 103/173 1,222 yards 2 td 5 int 72.9 rating
#JDI
jagman777

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
jagman777 wrote:

I believe it's legal for someone to be critical of another oragnization as well as their own organization without some sort of contradiction. I just don't think Munchak is any good, same with Mularkey. Don't think Locker is very good.. Same with Gabbert.

Hey, we're practically the same team. Want to hug it out? Very Happy

Jaguarfan wrote:

Because we're just like you guys except with better draft position!

Because there's more of you in here going nuts in the most trollish way about this decision than have attended Jags home games this millennium. It's like you guys have realized that your team is that hopelessly bad and are trying as hard as possible to replicate the Browns forum.

I wouldn't say we're the same.. the Titans roster is filled with a lot more young talent (which is why we were able to go 6-2 against bad teams this year and not finish with the worst record in the NFL) and our QB actually showed promise his rookie year.

And one of those wins that contributed to our record happened to come from the Titans. Skrate Ballin'!
Finnerception

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:

Does it matter who's QB is better when both suck? Gabbert lead us to the number 2 pick.

Lol, Locker was bad this year, but maybe you should watch some games before making some uninformed opinions like those.

Doesn't matter what pick you have, your team is the absolute worst at drafting in the 1st round, no matter whose at GM. What happened to "In Gene We Trust" being in everyone's sig though?

I guess I just wasn't expecting to come in this thread to see fans of a 2-14 team acting like pompous Miami Heat fans. No shame?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shorts > britt

blackmon > wright

gabbert = locker

nana nana boo boooo
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finnerception wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:

Lol, Locker was bad this year, but maybe you should watch some games before making some uninformed opinions like those.

Doesn't matter what pick you have, your team is the absolute worst at drafting in the 1st round, no matter whose at GM. What happened to "In Gene We Trust" being in everyone's sig though?

I guess I just wasn't expecting to come in this thread to see fans of a 2-14 team acting like pompous Miami Heat fans. No shame?

Lets look at the drafts, shall we:
2012:
Jags: Blackmon Titans: Wright. Jags win.
2011:
Jags: Gabbert Titans: Locker Both lose
2010:
Jags: Alualu Titans: Derrick Morgan Jags win, but both lose really.
2009:
Jags: Monroe Titans: Britt Jags win.

That's how the Jags fared under Gene Smith.......
jagman777 wrote:
shorts > britt

blackmon > wright

gabbert = locker

nana nana boo boooo

Jagman, he's not replying to you because he CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH.

#JDI
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? We're really arguing over who sucks less between Locker and Gabbert? It's like arguing whose poo stinks. It stinks either way. At this point, Jags fans have every right to bash Locker until his play improves and Titans fans have every right to defend Locker until he gets more games under his belt. But going back and forth about which QB and franchise sucks less isn't accomplishing anything. Especiallly when both our teams sucked this year.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
Really? We're really arguing over who sucks less between Locker and Gabbert? It's like arguing whose poo stinks. It stinks either way. At this point, Jags fans have every right to bash Locker until his play improves and Titans fans have every right to defend Locker until he gets more games under his belt. But going back and forth about which QB and franchise sucks less isn't accomplishing anything. Especiallly when both our teams sucked this year.

It angers me that our teams split so I can't use the "Jags beat the Titans" excuse.

#JDI
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
-Hope- wrote:
Yes, given that there's always 3 Jags fans rejoicing every time he throws an interception before anybody else even reacts. Laughing

I'm not saying Locker isn't a shaky QB...I'm just saying that for the most part, Jags fans love to revel in it.
One could say these same things about how certain Titans fans act when Gabbert makes mistakes as well. Are they overcompensating, or does this just speak to how certain people within the rivalry like to see the other team fail? I mean, even if we had Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers on our team, I would still enjoy when the Titans struggle, as I'm sure most Titans fans would with Jacksonville.

Regardless, I really can't see this move, or rather lack thereof, working out for the Titans. From what I've seen, Munch just doesn't seem like he's head coach material. I think it was time to bring in a coach that could help Locker develop into where he should be.

I wanted both of them to succeed. I never had much faith in Gabbert, but I thought it'd be cool to have a rivalry between two great QBs in the division.

But yeah, Munchak is trash. Barring something miraculous, we're going to be terrible next year.

Also, Locker looked pretty bad down the stretch, but people seem to just forget that he had several very nice games early in the season and started collapsing with the OC change and OL injuries. Could it be that he's just bad? Yeah. But I'd like to see him start a full season first.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

I know Locker has looked terrible so far but this a guy that everyone knew was going to need more time than others.

Lets hope they can get him some more help.

@BodamEscapePlan (Twitter)
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurts their playoff chances.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: