Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will Black Monday firings affect the Vikings?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nzd07

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badger75 wrote:
Bill Musgrave must be the best kept secret in the NFL.

Next season Vikings and Packers go head to head for the NFC N.

Funny because most of us (including me) were calling for his head the first half of the season. He's definitely gotten better, but the best kept secret we have is Jeff Davidson. Kalil isn't the only reason our O-Line has looked 10x better this year.

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Jay-Z wrote:
I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man!
biggsohnasty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Jason La Canfora (basically NFL networks version of Adam Schefter) was speculating/reporting that Shurmur was getting the axe and that he expected him to be potential hire for the Vikings as the O-coordinator. I dont know if making the playoffs changes things, but I think for most of the year people have been wanting more from the offensive coordinator.

I would love to get my hands (leslies hands?) on any of the Bears defensive coaches including Lovie. Obviously Lovie will get a D Coordinator job at the least somewhere, but if for some reason we need to replace Williams (highly unlikely) Lovie would be a good target.

Any chance we change QB coaches? What are peoples opinions of Craig Johnson. I dont know much, but I believe he was a RBs coach before coming here. Do people think we could maybe get more out of Ponder if we had a different QB coach? There are some interesting guys that could be available in Gregg Knapp, Hue Jackson, Jim Zorn to name a few.
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

biggsohnasty wrote:
What are peoples opinions of Craig Johnson. I dont know much, but I believe he was a RBs coach before coming here.

For 1 season. Was the QB coach there 7 years before that.

If we do change there, one guy I would look at is Jim Caldwell. I'd be surprised if he stays as BALs guy. Would be with both Frazier and Williams again.

Only one problem...he's a Wisconsin native who graduated from Iowa. Laughing
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Only one problem...he's a Wisconsin native who graduated from Iowa. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: