Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

MOCKERY !!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK
LOVE IT
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
HATE IT
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like you went levitre he is my number 1 target young and excels in pass protection and you went with a stop gap in Ryan Lilja who is a scheme fit and upgrade. Draft a young G and let him sit one year behind Lilja
Russ57

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way I'd sign off on a 7:3 ratio of defense to offense in the draft. Right now I think it is more important to score points than to prevent others from scoring and our defense is better than our offense.

In the first round I'd have to think about Damonte Moore/Bjoern Warner if they were there. Ditto on Dee Millner as I don't think too much of Sean Smith. However we can't overlook the strong possibility that we need a OT. I'm not sure we can work out a deal for Long and I'm not sold on Martin. My pick is Taylor Lewan. Jake is allowed to leave and we have seen enough of Martin to know he needs a couple of years in the weight room. In Lewan we see a young Jake at a fraction of the price.

In the second I'd be happy with Tyler Eifert if he was there. Otherwise I'd be looking for someone like DeAndre Hopkins or Robert Woods. Jordan Poyer is a possibility. My pick is DeAndre Hopkins. Say what you want but we need to draft a #1 WR. If he doesn't declare I'll settle for the next best one.

For our 2B pick, assuming we didn't get any OL help yet, I'd consider Dallas Thomas, Lane Johnson, or Oday Aboushi. Zach Ertz would work too depending on other picks. My pick is Zach Ertz. We resign Fasono and now have two TE's that can block and catch.

For pick 3A I might take a little risk on someone like Jackson Jeffcoat/DaRick Rodgers. My pick is Desmond Trufant. We have some guys that might work out at CB but nobody that stands out as a sure thing.

For 3B I'd be looking for a smaller speedy WR. It could also be a good time to look at a safety. My pick is Alvin Bailey. We need a guard, enough said.

For the fourth we were hoping someone like Aaron Dobson/Jordan Matthews or Rambo/McDonald would be there but they aren't. My pick is Montee Ball. We aren't willing to pay Bush's asking price and Thomas makes us "queasy".

In the fifth we get lucky and get Aaron Mellette/Kenny Stills.

I'll take Andy Levitre (and move Incognito to RG) and Mike Wallace (we need a speed WR) in FA.
mountainpd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be more than happy with this draft.

I Can't see Johnson Ogletree or Thomas dropping as far but what do I know.

The Levitre pick up and a wideout in free agency will be key as we have to improve the O line with at least one tackle and one guard in the draft this off season and need to put ourselves in the position to draft a pass rusher in the 1st we have to put some pressure on the opponents QB's

Werner would be nice but would be happy with a couple of the others mentioned, Ansah, Jordan, Moore,

^^^Kempes^^^
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ57 wrote:
No way I'd sign off on a 7:3 ratio of defense to offense in the draft. Right now I think it is more important to score points than to prevent others from scoring and our defense is better than our offense.

In the first round I'd have to think about Damonte Moore/Bjoern Warner if they were there. Ditto on Dee Millner as I don't think too much of Sean Smith. However we can't overlook the strong possibility that we need a OT. I'm not sure we can work out a deal for Long and I'm not sold on Martin. My pick is Taylor Lewan. Jake is allowed to leave and we have seen enough of Martin to know he needs a couple of years in the weight room. In Lewan we see a young Jake at a fraction of the price.

In the second I'd be happy with Tyler Eifert if he was there. Otherwise I'd be looking for someone like DeAndre Hopkins or Robert Woods. Jordan Poyer is a possibility. My pick is DeAndre Hopkins. Say what you want but we need to draft a #1 WR. If he doesn't declare I'll settle for the next best one.

For our 2B pick, assuming we didn't get any OL help yet, I'd consider Dallas Thomas, Lane Johnson, or Oday Aboushi. Zach Ertz would work too depending on other picks. My pick is Zach Ertz. We resign Fasono and now have two TE's that can block and catch.

For pick 3A I might take a little risk on someone like Jackson Jeffcoat/DaRick Rodgers. My pick is Desmond Trufant. We have some guys that might work out at CB but nobody that stands out as a sure thing.

For 3B I'd be looking for a smaller speedy WR. It could also be a good time to look at a safety. My pick is Alvin Bailey. We need a guard, enough said.

For the fourth we were hoping someone like Aaron Dobson/Jordan Matthews or Rambo/McDonald would be there but they aren't. My pick is Montee Ball. We aren't willing to pay Bush's asking price and Thomas makes us "queasy".

I'll take Andy Levitre (and move Incognito to RG) and Mike Wallace (we need a speed WR) in FA.
If a pass rusher is not there at 12 Taylor Lewman is the guy i want he is actually way more athletic the Long. Martin is going to be a good T in this league people are to hard on him but this gives us 2 extremly athletic tackles
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russ57 wrote:

1. The draft and free agency are our offseason resources. You need to understand the strengths of each. The strength of the draft is defense and we need to act accordingly. Same goes for FA who's strength happens to be offense.

2. Something will be drastically wrong if Werner and Moore are there for the 12th pick.

3. Yes we need an OT and I drafted one that can start at RT for us in 2013. As far as LT goes ... again, we need to stop using yesterdays game to indict Jonathan Martin. He played two positions on a make shift line this season. And no one had problems with him @ LT until yesterday. He'll be fine there. You want a low priced vet for insurance ? Knock yourself out but MArtin will be fine as the starter. You have to know that he played reasonably well with the circumstances. And this offseason he is going to get polished at his natural position. Don't expect what you saw this season (which was fine for a rookie) to be what he'll be for his career.

5. Everybody wants to add a zillion WRs but no one will commit to cutting Bess and Hartline.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Hartline and Bess on this team....why would we move them? They have never played poor...in fact they get more with their ability then most. Both are excellent route runners (isn't that a major part of this offense?) and have sure hands. They already have a rapport with Tannehill and will be more effective with another year working with him and the scheme. What they need is someone who has speed and make the catch downfield...3 or 4 more guys.....one. Give Philbin a deep threat and a Legit Seem TE and the passing game will be vastly improved.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
I want Hartline and Bess on this team....why would we move them? They have never played poor...in fact they get more with their ability then most. Both are excellent route runners (isn't that a major part of this offense?) and have sure hands. They already have a rapport with Tannehill and will be more effective with another year working with him and the scheme. What they need is someone who has speed and make the catch downfield...3 or 4 more guys.....one. Give Philbin a deep threat and a Legit Seem TE and the passing game will be vastly improved.
Applause yes
Fins20??SBChamp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could get on board with this off-season/draft. The only thing that concerns me is that Mike Wallace wants to get paid. He is "allegedly" looking for a contract similar to Vincent Jackson's (5 years, 55 mil, 26 mil guarantee). I wonder if the Fins are willing to pay that much for him or if he is worth that much.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Miami2DaMax wrote:
Deets wrote:
I do not believe you address the receiver position enough. Mike Wallace is my number one offseason target and I'd be so happy to see him in finstripes but its not enough. We need another proven guy or to draft one in the top two rounds.

This, I'm not interested enough to go MLB with our first 2nd round and DE with our first round, just doesn't interest me at all. I want Wallace too but we MUST help our DBs, they have sucked for far to long. I still want Davis, HUGE mistake to trade him considering they went from last to almost first in one year. Not worth the trade, should have gotten the colts first for him now.

Top proirty:

WR
CB
Saftey
DE

From least to greatest. I want us to trade one of our 2nd round picks for a player from another team, prefer DB.

Here's the thing. And this goes out to everyone. If you want more WRs, you gotta tell me what you want to do with Bess and Hartline. Those guys are Welker and Decker just waiting to happen. When we start to provide Tannehill with time to make reads, it will happen. All we really need on offense is someone fast and athletic in the seam against linebackers and safeties and a deep threat to occupy the other safety. That sounds like Wallace and Cook to me.

As far as not being interested in a LB and DE. You got to see the whole picture. NFL football wasn't designed for any DB to cover a WR for more than 4.5 seconds. What you want to address this offseason is the opposing QBs time in the pocket. We need to get him making decisions in 4 seconds or less. DEs and LBs do that. The best way to cover a receiver is to make his QB sit indian style on the turf. Excuse me Native American style. That's just NFL science and culture. Far beyond my opinion.

I never said anything about Bess going anywhere. Hes the slot guy and hes staying. Hartline is a free agent, I'll take him back if he comes back for a reasonable amount. But he was not consistent enough to rely on. I'd rather have Mike Wallace/Keenan Allen/Davone Bess as my top 3 receivers.

FF Member #67
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff Doc. I have a few differences but basically thinking in the same direction as you.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The draft and free agency are our offseason resources. You need to understand the strengths of each. The strength of the draft is defense and we need to act accordingly. Same goes for FA who's strength happens to be offense. I 100% agree with the way you've adressed this off season.

I like the dansby trade for the reasons you've stated plus he only has two more years on his contract and I'm in the boat of trading a player a yr early then to trade him a yr late. If we were to trade him it would have to be this year as his cap hit is 7.95 mil instead of 10.95 mill in 2014.

we aren't as far off as many believe for the season we scored 266 points, meaning we avg. around 16-17 points a game. and if you take away the wk 17 pats game and the jets blow out we avg. 19 points a game (in those 14 games).

I love the guard pick ups because of both ingoc and jerry being of a prehistoric offense we up grade to a very athletic interior which has been one of the deterants of this offense scoring this season. the only question i have is at RT will lane johnson be able to step in right away and contribute? but im guessing that's why you kept Nate Gardner.

*take care of the o-line the rest will fall in place* with bush coming back, lamar miller in the wings it allows tanny be at his best with the play action plays (correct me if im wrong but i think he's number 1 in play action qbr)
add the deep threat of wallace and cook no more 8 men in the box opening up run plays. the personal packages won't tip off our plays as they did this season.

I'm not sure if you factored that if Ireland goes offense through FA instead of drafting where as it may take a season or 2 before they contribute, it puts butts in the seats, creating buzz within the fan base which could buy him time as a gm as long as the D improves with the 5 rookies as the season progresses.

also i have one question how as stanford looked this season i've seen a little but not many games as im up here in wi.
Russ57

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"1. The draft and free agency are our offseason resources. You need to understand the strengths of each. The strength of the draft is defense and we need to act accordingly. Same goes for FA who's strength happens to be offense."

I think most of us here have an idea of what the draft and FA offers. It isn't as if anyone's top 50 big board has a 5:1 ratio of defense to offense. One could as easily agrue that the depth at DE could allow a pick like Oakafor/Carradine/Jeffcoat later on and Lewan, Hopkins, and Ertz are hardly chopped liver.

"2. Something will be drastically wrong if Werner and Moore are there for the 12th pick."

IMHO it has a lot to do with how many teams feel like they must pick a QB in the first. There are a couple of great DT's that could go before the DE's. All and all I'd be happy with Lewan or Millner and I wouldn't cry too much if it was Keenan Allen. Needless to say I'd love Werner.

"3. Yes we need an OT and I drafted one that can start at RT for us in 2013. As far as LT goes ... again, we need to stop using yesterdays game to indict Jonathan Martin. He played two positions on a make shift line this season. And no one had problems with him @ LT until yesterday. He'll be fine there. You want a low priced vet for insurance ? Knock yourself out but MArtin will be fine as the starter. You have to know that he played reasonably well with the circumstances. And this offseason he is going to get polished at his natural position. Don't expect what you saw this season (which was fine for a rookie) to be what he'll be for his career."

I don't remember suggesting a low priced vet. My opinions about Martin have more to do with his college/combine performance. Simply put he lacks strength (and speed to some degree) but he has great technique and anticapation. If we can get the performance of a young Long at a fraction of his franchise tag price I think we have to consider it.

"5. Everybody wants to add a zillion WRs but no one will commit to cutting Bess and Hartline."

We have plenty of WR's to cut before we get to Bess and Hartline. In time I could hope to have better options than either of them though. I hardly suggested a zillion WR's. I merely conceded that a FA, who would offer an immediate deep threat, makes sense and suggested we should spend a somewhat high draft pick on a potential future #1 WR. My other pick was a 5th round flyer on someone who might develop.

Call my 2B pick on a TE (from a school with a good rep of developing them) a personal luxury pick. I have long wanted to be able to line up in a two TE set and not have the defense know if it was a power run or a passing formation. I can just see so many options in that formation if we only had a WR and TE that could tie up a CB, LB, and both safeties. I think Wallace and Ertz could do that.

I won't bother to defend Montee Ball. Either you value a RB or you don't. Either you feel he is a good fit for a ZBS team or you don't.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this would historically be the best off season Mia has ever seen.

Don't mean to be the poo on anyones shoe but, I just see a disasterous situation brewing in J. Martin.
To me & maybe ova, he has NO business at LT.

I just wish we move in FA & address J. Longs replacement on FA day #1 & leave Martin at RT.

sug
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading Karlos Dansby creates a $14 million dollar cap hit. PASS

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: