Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do you guys think about Ilkin as O-line coach
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelers43

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: What do you guys think about Ilkin as O-line coach Reply with quote

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/1/2/3826346/steelers-offensive-line-coach-sean-kugler-UTEP-candidates-replacements-options

Interesting read, I didnt know that about Tunch. I enjoy him on Steel nation radio. Any thoughts on him as the new O-Line Coach?

" The dead know only one thing... It's better to be ALIVE"

"Your Coach is a Cheater, Your Super Bowls are lies, you back-up at Michigan"(Tom Brady) stated by Tosh O
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you guys think about Ilkin as O-line coach Reply with quote

steelers43 wrote:
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/1/2/3826346/steelers-offensive-line-coach-sean-kugler-UTEP-candidates-replacements-options

Interesting read, I didnt know that about Tunch. I enjoy him on Steel nation radio. Any thoughts on him as the new O-Line Coach?

I have much him about a half dozen times and he is a great leader / mentor of men. I think he'd be a great coach.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im just glad Kugler is gone. Terrible hire in the first place.

Im not saying you couldnt do worse, but like with Arians, Ill take any change I can get at this point.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just no Hell No! Twisted Evil

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
jcm412

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mason Storm wrote:

Please elaborate...
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Ilkin would become the OL coach then radio play-by-play announcer Bill Hillgrove would be even more lost and confused than he already is when calling Steeler games. Ilkin is a very good analyst and I enjoy his insight whenever I have to listen to Steeler games on the radio when I can't watch them on TV. Not sure how good of a coach he would be since he doesn't have any coaching experience to be evaluated with.

^^The only QB in history with 6 TD passes in B2B games plus two 500 yard games. Props to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig!
jcm412

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really for or against it. From what I have read he was a great technician and had amazing use of hands. Bill Cowher had asked him to be his OL coach but Ilkin wanted to spend time with his wife and children. His wife recently passed so he would have time now.
stefan52268

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think Tunch could be a good candidate. I remember him playing and he was always a people person and a "locker room guy". I'm sure he has a lot of things to teach young O-Lineman. Only question is that if they do offer him the job will he be interested?

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
steelers43

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mason Storm wrote:

Let's hear you opinion, I am looking forward to it Smile

" The dead know only one thing... It's better to be ALIVE"

"Your Coach is a Cheater, Your Super Bowls are lies, you back-up at Michigan"(Tom Brady) stated by Tosh O
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supposely he is exactly what we need with our O-linemen.

Thing is I don't know if he's interested to begin with. I'd rather wait until a source confirm that he's interviewing for a job.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Tunch a lot and listen to him on Steelers.com talking about various things is always interesting. I think he'd be a good canidate don't know what else the Steelers are looking for as far as OL coach is concerned.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me someone who has been a coach the last 10-20 years over someone who has been talking about it. Success as a player usually means little.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Give me someone who has been a coach the last 10-20 years over someone who has been talking about it. Success as a player usually means little.

Well glad the Steelers make the decisions because Noll, Cowher or Tomlin wouldn't exist.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

Well glad the Steelers make the decisions because Noll, Cowher or Tomlin wouldn't exist.

Ummm... I'm not sure what you are trying to say???

Cowher Noll and Tomlin were all assistants for years before they became Head Coaches. Noll I believe coached under Shula, Cowher under Schottenheimer for many years.

Is it the 10-20 years you are referring to? OK 5-10 is that better?

I stand by my statement which has nothing to do with Tomlin, Noll or Cowher because they taught/coached as assistants and worked their way up... they didn't go from a TV to an assistants job. And none of them were great players.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
SteelProven

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

Ummm... I'm not sure what you are trying to say???

Cowher Noll and Tomlin were all assistants for years before they became Head Coaches. Noll I believe coached under Shula, Cowher under Schottenheimer for many years.

Is it the 10-20 years you are referring to? OK 5-10 is that better?

I stand by my statement which has nothing to do with Tomlin, Noll or Cowher because they taught/coached as assistants and worked their way up... they didn't go from a TV to an assistants job. And none of them were great players.

Tunch has been around as a player and has the mental make up of a coach. The Steelers have had coaches on their team that coached 20 yrs and still they didn't amount to nothing. All I'm saying is that what's the worse that could happen L. Zeirlin? I don't think Tunch should have to go to the college ranks 3-4 yrs, get hired as a NFL asst OL coach 3-4 yrs, get promoted to OL coach 3-4 yrs before he gets a job. Teaching, instructing and coaching OL is something he's work around for 40 yrs.

C. Lake coached 1 yr at UCLA and he's doing just fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: