Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Offseason Plan
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: 2013 Offseason Plan Reply with quote

Fire Whiz
Fire Graves
Hire Andy Reid
Hire Steve Keim
Keep Horton if he doesn't get a HC job
Keep the rest of the defensive staff
Hire Andy Reid's offensive staff

Sign Martellus Bennett and Chris Ivory (i thought about Anthony Spencer too)

Draft:
Round 1: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M
Round 2: Barrett Jones, OG/C, Alabama
Round 3: Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma
Round 4: Nico Johnson, ILB, Alabama
Round 5: Duke Williams, S, Nevada
Round 6: Josh Boyd, DE, Mississippi State
Round 7: Quanterus Smith, OLB, Western Kentucky

2013 Roster:

QB:
Kevin Kolb
Landry Jones
Brian Hoyer

RB:
Ryan Williams
Chris Ivory
William Powell
LaRod Stephens Howling

FB:
Richard Sherman

WR:
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Roberts
Michael Floyd
Early Doucet
LaRon Byrd

TE:
Rob Housler
Martellus Bennett
Jeff King
Jim Dray

O-Line:
Jake Matthews
Daryn Colledge
Barrett Jones
Adam Snyder
Bobby Massie
Nate Potter
Levi Brown
Senio Kelemete
Mike Gibson

D-Line:
Darnell Dockett
Dan Williams
Calais Campbell
David Carter
Josh Boyd
Nick Eason
Ronald Talley

LB's:
Daryl Washington
Nico Johnson
Reggie Walker
Paris Lenon
O'Brien Schofield
Sam Acho
Quanterus Smith
Quentin Groves

DB's:
Patrick Peterson
William Gay
Jamell Fleming
Greg Toler
Michael Adams
Rashad Johnson
Kerry Rhodes
Duke Williams
Justin Bethel

ST:
Jay Feely
Dave Zastudil
Mike Leach

*I didn't want to make huge changes

Last edited by AZPSquared on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnnyV

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Ivory is better than Ryan Williams. We'd be lucky to have him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to switch from Taylor Lewan to Jake Matthews
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would be your realistic options to replace Horton as DC. I think Horton takes Cioffi with him ,Reid would not stand in his way. Also don't think Reid promotes from this staff either.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Who would be your realistic options to replace Horton as DC. I think Horton takes Cioffi with him ,Reid would not stand in his way. Also don't think Reid promotes from this staff either.

Horton cant take coaches under contract
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:

If Reid say Horton can then sure he can.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrett Jones isn't making it to our 2nd pick. I'd take Warmack at #7 then use our 2nd & 3rd to move into the late 1st to grab Jones. RUN THE BALL.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Barrett Jones isn't making it to our 2nd pick. I'd take Warmack at #7 then use our 2nd & 3rd to move into the late 1st to grab Jones. RUN THE BALL.

There's a good chance Jones does fall to our pick. We pick #38 in the 2nd. This is a very top heavy oline class: Joeckel, Matthews, Lewan, Fisher, Warmack, Cooper, etc.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

There's a good chance Jones does fall to our pick. We pick #38 in the 2nd. This is a very top heavy oline class: Joeckel, Matthews, Lewan, Fisher, Warmack, Cooper, etc.

Standout centers usually go in the mid-late 1st round. Maybe we could pair 2/4 instead of 2/3 but he's not dropping to #38 IMO.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Standout centers usually go in the mid-late 1st round. Maybe we could pair 2/4 instead of 2/3 but he's not dropping to #38 IMO.

Bolded: While true, how many teams in this year's draft that pick in the mid-late 1st round need centers? Baltimore maybe, that's all I see.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

Bolded: While true, how many teams in this year's draft that pick in the mid-late 1st round need centers? Baltimore maybe, that's all I see.

I have to agree with Dez

Jones isn't just a Center either. He's also been a standout guard and a solid left tackle. I think any team picking in the late first round with some sort of OL problem would love to have Jones. I'd absolutely love to have him though in the 2nd. Of course there's a chance after all the the workouts and stuff. I doubt he'll impress too much as an athlete.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollo14000 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I have to agree with Dez

Jones isn't just a Center either. He's also been a standout guard and a solid left tackle. I think any team picking in the late first round with some sort of OL problem would love to have Jones. I'd absolutely love to have him though in the 2nd. Of course there's a chance after all the the workouts and stuff. I doubt he'll impress too much as an athlete.

Yes he can play guard at the NFL level, I was just responding to the center part of it specifically.

And I agree with Dez too because he's right, top rated centers usually do go in the mid-to-late 1st round area. I'm just saying, I don't see a team fit. At the end of the day, there has to be a fit.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I have no idea regarding other teams needs but he has versatility that could boost his stock. Looking at the value chart, pairing our 2nd & 4th could move us into the 1st for Jones. Two 1st rounders on OL, that's committing to our line.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
khodder wrote:

Yeah he can if the team gives permission to interview for a lateral move and without Horton what incentive is there for Reid to keep Cioffi, a guy who he has never worked with before?

I mean is Reid going to trust a guy he has never worked with before to run a defense he has never been involved with before? Especially when said guy has never been a defensive coordinator before?

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
PacAttack04

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing looking at this mock, do you think that Reid is going to be happy with the RBs on the team right now? From what I can tell, the RB has always been an intergral part of Reids offense. Not necessarily running the ball, but in the passing game. LeSean McCoy has always had around 50 receptions, Westbrook was always a threat in the passing game, etc. Reid to me has always liked those quick hit screens in the passing game, so do you think he looks to add a 3rd down/starter type back, one that excels in blitz pickup, as a receiver, etc.

I was thinking about one of the Packers targets, Reggie Bush, and when I heard that Reid is the rumored future coach of the Cardinals, I thought Bush would be a perfect fit for his offense in the Westbrook/McCoy role. Yes, Reid has abandoned the run game from time, but he still always seems to utilize RBs in that aspect. Even a Felix Jones, someone who Reid has seen a lot in his career, is someone I could see the Cardinals going after. But right now, Ryan Williams has never really been the receiving type back that Reid loves to use, dating back to college. Add in the injury history and the fact that while Whisenhunt seemed to love him, Reid wont have any loyalty to him, do any of you seem RB as a need for Reids offense?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: