Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Norv Turner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilmerfalcon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Norv Turner Reply with quote

Should we take a chance on Turner if Koetter leaves? What if Nolan goes too? Lovie Smith? I am afraid both coordinators are gone.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id love turner as a coordinator. I doubt love comes here but I would think and hope that smith realizes now what aggressive play calling can do for a team
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turner would be the ideal candidate to replace Koetter. Pat Shurmur did a nice job with Bradford in St. Louis so he might be a good fit as well.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly, I'd much rather have Ken Whisenhunt or Marty Mornhinweg if Koetter leaves. at DC, I love hte schemes Jon Tenuta comes up with.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
honestly, I'd much rather have Ken Whisenhunt or Marty Mornhinweg if Koetter leaves. at DC, I love hte schemes Jon Tenuta comes up with.

Who the hell is Jon Tenuta? I'd like Ron Rivera if he gets fired. If not then I have no idea... Grantham?

tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Who the hell is Jon Tenuta? I'd like Ron Rivera if he gets fired. If not then I have no idea... Grantham?

Grantham runs a 3-4. I doubt Nolan goes anywhere. He had his shot and failed very very bad.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:
scar988 wrote:

Grantham runs a 3-4. I doubt Nolan goes anywhere. He had his shot and failed very very bad.

Thats what I thought. I'm surprised he's even getting an interview, especially for a high profile position such as the Eagles HC.

coors

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I heard that Koetter was going to interview with like 4 teams, the first thing that popped into my mind was Norv. I know that Norv has gotten a bad wrap over the last couple years because of what was going on in San Diego, but I really think that some guys are simply not Head Coach material.. which is totally fine, because he has proven that as an OC is where he excels. He is known to be a QB guru, he is considered to be the guy that turned Troy Aikman into the Hall of Famer Troy Aikman that we all know of now. His first couple of years in San Diego he had Rivers playing unreal football, everyone in America considered Rivers as an "elite" QB that was up there with the Mannings, Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and so on and so forth. Rivers was putting up monster numbers for a couple of years there. I personlly don't think that Rivers turning into a QB that is just a hyper turnover machine and losing that edge had anything to do with Norv, I think that this one is on Rivers himself.

So if he came here to the Dirty Dirty, he would obviously have Matt as the QB.. and Matt is a guy who has been said to really take in the coaching he recieves, and learns things whenever he can.. so with a guy like Norv who has tons of tidbits and techniques that he uses to work with QBs, he could possibily get Matt to be better than he already is in some facets of QBing. I personally wouldn't mind bringing him in if Dirk loses.. and hopefully he can coexist and work well/together with Mike Smith

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't need him now!!!!!! Very Happy

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: